Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Control Strip

Control Strip
NDBounce
Senior User
May 4, 2000, 11:10 PM

Here's one that I can't imagine will be too hard for you guru's to solve for me.

I just restarted my iBook (OS 9.0) and my control strip was messed up, that is the items are in a different order than they were previously.

Any idea why (this after I just installed the drivers for the Gravis GamePad)? Any idea how to get them back in the order that I'm used to? It's not a big deal, but it's sort of like walking in to your room and finding your furniture has been rearranged. I just don't want to trip on my dresser when I wake up in the morning.

Any help would be appreciated. (Oh to rephrase in plain english, how can I customize the order in which items appear on my control strip).

wlonh
Professional Poster
May 4, 2000, 11:52 PM

move your cursor over your control strip and then hold the option key down and a little hand will appear and you can drag 'n drop strip mod's as you like

who knows why this happened, but if you have this trouble again i'd delete the control strip pref's file

Ster
May 4, 2000, 11:53 PM

option-drag into position.
-ster

someone
May 5, 2000, 12:03 AM

With the option key held, you can also change where the control strip pops out from (the left or right of your screen) and where you would like it vertically (the middle of your screen, the top, the botton, etc.). Just hold the option key over the closed control strip and move the mouse up, down, left or right.
Bye!

NDBounce  (op)
Senior User
May 5, 2000, 06:25 AM

Thank you very much! That did the trick. I figured it would be something simple like that.

Forum Links
Forum Rules