Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > The Casting Couch Takes Pity on the Potted Plant: Weinstein

The Casting Couch Takes Pity on the Potted Plant: Weinstein (Page 2)
The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 11, 2017, 07:19 PM

Affleck, welcome to the shit list!

Gonna be real interesting if seeing 'god' go down gives women in Hollywood the courage to start taking scalps. Would be amazingly bloody.

Edit: In retrospect, this is likely just aftershocks.
( Last edited by The Final Dakar; Oct 11, 2017 at 07:33 PM. )

Cap'n Tightpants  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 11, 2017, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Paco500 View Post
Which one? Citation or apology please.
Apologize for you being a Bill Clinton supporter?
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr

Paco500
Professional Poster
Oct 12, 2017, 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
Apologize for you being a Bill Clinton supporter?
Don't know if you will ever be back to deal with this, but please provide a citation of me defending Bill Clinton against charges of being a sexual predator, even without the zeal and fervour of your and Chongo's defence of Trump.
( Last edited by Paco500; Oct 12, 2017 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Typo correction)

The Final Shortcut
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 12, 2017, 11:20 AM

Wait wait wait wait wait.

Ashley Judd “deserves to be called out” for presmably not actually being a strong woman because she didn’t previously report Weinstein?

What in the actual **** is wrong with you people?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 12, 2017, 11:28 AM

I missed it, who was victim blaming?

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 12, 2017, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
I missed it, who was victim blaming?
Fashion designer Donna Karan

She told a reporter: 'I think we have to look at ourselves. Obviously, the treatment of women all over the world is something that has always had to be identified. Certainly in the country of Haiti where I work, in Africa, in the developing world, it's been a hard time for women.
'To see it here in our own country is very difficult, but I also think how do we display ourselves? How do we present ourselves as women? What are we asking? Are we asking for it by presenting all the sensuality and all the sexuality?
'And what are we throwing out to our children today about how to dance and how to perform and what to wear? How much should they show?'
Karan's comments are striking as a legend in the fashion world and having designed women's clothing for decades.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4vJC7zH5b
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
45/47

P
Oct 12, 2017, 11:58 AM

Recorded him?
That is hard if you're not expecting it, but the New Yorker did release such a clip made by...

Went to the police?
...the NYPD, who found that it was not something they could prosecute him over.

Called the news?
That was tried. Note that Ronan Farrow (YES, the son of Mia Farrow and Woody Allen), who wrote the story for New Yorker, usually works at NBC. He had been trying to get them to pick it up before going outside. When you have as much pull as Weinstein did, you can squash stories like this.

Called him out on social media?
And get sued by a notoriously litigious rich guy.

Warned all the girls who might find themselves alone with the guy?
This, though. It is pretty clear to me that a lot of people in the business knew, but it kept happening. This is why I have a little sympathy for someone like Ashley Judd who spoke about it without naming names, which is at least better than not saying anything like so so many others.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 12, 2017, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
Fashion designer Donna Karan
I don't think that's what shortcut was referring to

andi*pandi
Oct 12, 2017, 12:26 PM

He knows that. See page one.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 12, 2017, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
He knows that. See page one.
Ah, when your hate of Hollywood liberals and feminism overpowers your hate of sexual assault. Very Christian.

subego
Clinically Insane
Oct 12, 2017, 01:12 PM

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Oct 12, 2017, 03:08 PM

Just for funsies, here's what our resident conservatives said immediately after the release of the "grab them by the pussy" tapes. When someone on "their team" gets sexual assault allegations:

It isn't "sexual assault" if they're into it, and despite him acting like a crude jock, the chicks he was talking about would apparently be into it. Unlike Trump, who seems to only talk shit, the potential First Gentleman does shit; has sex with women who are young enough to be his daughter in the Oval office, has been accused of rape on more than half a dozen different occasions, etc.. Then there was Weinergate II, where Huma's hubby was caught trolling for adolescent strange, and directly told a 15 y/o girl, "I would bust that tight pussy so hard and so often that you would leak and limp for a week"...
Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
The press is ALL ABOUT the 11 year old Trump recordings but NOT Hillary's corruption/connections between DoS, her campaign and the mainstream media. Go figure. I guess the Press pleads the 5th?

Wasn't Trump still a Democrat back then? Why didn't the Democrats give him a pass?
So, how is this new? All it does is confirm what everyone has already knew. Meanwhile Hillary and the Clinton Foundation take money from governments that do far worse to women.
Themes we see:

- It's all talk, no action!
- What's the big deal?
- We all knew that anyway, why are we supposed to care?
- DEFLECT DEFLECT DEFLECT

Basically, "It probably didn't happen. But if it did, it wasn't a big deal. But if it was a big deal, then the other side is worse!"

Now when someone on "the other team" gets sexual assault allegations:

So the difference between getting shit on, and defended by, the media is you stop joking about it and ACTUALLY grab them by the pussy?
Ashley "I'm a naaaaasty woman" Judd was one of his targets. She kept silent.
What a "strong woman".
Weinstein has done an amazing job of tearing down the Hollywood progressive elite from within, it's shockingly bad what's going on in the background, but are we really that surprised? "Come talk with me about your career while you watch me jerk off the in the shower, sweet tits."

Makes me wonder how many dozens, or 100s, of young women he exploited, and even outright raped, while paying lip-service to feminism and equality for decades. While Trump once talked about grabbing pussies, ol' Harvey actually did it, 100s of times, and the most powerful people in the biz knew he was doing it.
The response this time?

- It definitely happened
- Mockery of rape victims
- Can you believe the horrible leftist regressive Hollywood elites that defended this scumbag?
- MORAL OUTRAGE!

Great job guys, you're doing great.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 12, 2017, 03:15 PM

^^^^

Boom!

OAW

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 12, 2017, 03:20 PM

Did we even cover the Ailes stuff here?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Oct 12, 2017, 05:42 PM

Laminar for president.

subego
Clinically Insane
Oct 13, 2017, 05:35 PM

Jane Fonda apparently the only one with her head screwed on straight.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 14, 2017, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
Just for funsies, here's what our resident conservatives said immediately after the release of the "grab them by the pussy" tapes. When someone on "their team" gets sexual assault allegations:

Themes we see:

- It's all talk, no action!
- What's the big deal?
- We all knew that anyway, why are we supposed to care?
- DEFLECT DEFLECT DEFLECT

Basically, "It probably didn't happen. But if it did, it wasn't a big deal. But if it was a big deal, then the other side is worse!"

Now when someone on "the other team" gets sexual assault allegations:

The response this time?

- It definitely happened
- Mockery of rape victims
- Can you believe the horrible leftist regressive Hollywood elites that defended this scumbag?
- MORAL OUTRAGE!

Great job guys, you're doing great.

Bravo! It might mean something if Hollywood had any morals.
Is that Harvey standing behind Scorsese?

one my faves

It could be time for Corey Feldman to name names.

45/47

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Oct 14, 2017, 12:18 PM

- deflect deflect deflect

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 14, 2017, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
45/47

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Oct 14, 2017, 04:02 PM

Hey, I could have went after the morality of catholic priests, or your own morality for committing yourself to Trump and many of your other political beliefs. Do you think you have the moral high ground?

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 15, 2017, 10:10 AM

Hey, I could have went after the morality of catholic priests, or your own morality for committing yourself to Trump and many of your other political beliefs. Do you think you have the moral high ground?
....and the Crusades and the Inquisition....

While Hollywood makes movies and TV shows about how horrible the Church is, behind the curtain there is far worse going on.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/14/o...hollywood.html
In her autobiography, “Child Star,” Shirley Temple described going with her mother to see her new bosses at Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer after leaving Fox.

Louis B. Mayer spirited away Gertrude Temple. The curly-haired superstar — hailed by F.D.R. for helping America get through the Depression — was taken to the office of Arthur Freed, an associate producer on “The Wizard of Oz.”

After telling her that she would have to get rid of her baby fat, Freed abruptly stood up and pulled out his penis. The 11-year-old had never even seen one before. She gave a nervous laugh, which offended the producer.

“Get out!” he shouted.

When she rejoined her mother, an affronted Gertrude told Shirley that she had had to back out of Mayer’s office when he lunged at her.

“Not for nothing was the M.G.M. lot known as the ‘factory,’ a studio perfumed with sultry, busty creatures with long legs and tight haunches,” Temple wrote, “and more than its quota of lecherous older men.”
( Last edited by Chongo; Oct 15, 2017 at 12:30 PM. )
45/47

The Final Shortcut
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 15, 2017, 07:45 PM

So is it your position that Hollywood lechery is as bad as the Church’s?

Honest question. Because I will note that only one of those institutions claims to have any sort of moral high ground.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 15, 2017, 08:43 PM

What do you think?
http://www.tmz.com/2017/10/12/weinst...iring-illegal/

Harvey Weinstein may have been fired illegally by The Weinstein Company, a company that wrote a contract that said Weinstein could get sued over and over for sexual harassment and as long as he shelled out money, that was good enough for the Company.
TMZ is privy to Weinstein's 2015 employment contract, which says if he gets sued for sexual harassment or any other "misconduct" that results in a settlement or judgment against TWC, all Weinstein has to do is pay what the company's out, along with a fine, and he's in the clear.
According to the contract, if Weinstein "treated someone improperly in violation of the company's Code of Conduct," he must reimburse TWC for settlements or judgments. Additionally, "You [Weinstein] will pay the company liquidated damages of $250,000 for the first such instance, $500,000 for the second such instance, $750,000 for the third such instance, and $1,000,000 for each additional instance."
http://articles.latimes.com/2009/oct...et-polanski1/2
In an interview, Weinstein said that people generally misunderstand what happened to Polanski at sentencing. He's not convinced public opinion is running against the filmmaker and dismisses the categorization of Hollywood as amoral. "Hollywood has the best moral compass, because it has compassion," Weinstein said. "We were the people who did the fundraising telethon for the victims of 9/11. We were there for the victims of Katrina and any world catastrophe."
45/47

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 15, 2017, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Shortcut View Post
So is it your position that Hollywood lechery is as bad as the Church’s?

Honest question. Because I will note that only one of those institutions claims to have any sort of moral high ground.
This is par for the course. He even avoids answering the question in his reply

Reminder, chongo voted for an immoral entertainer for President and now feels morally superior because a Hollywood liberal got exposed.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 16, 2017, 12:18 AM

This is par for the course. He even avoids answering the question in his reply
Hollywood is worse. Weinstein is the tip of the iceberg.

Reminder, chongo voted for an immoral entertainer for President and now feels morally superior because a Hollywood liberal got exposed.
Was it you that told CTP that liberals are morally superior?

How do you know how I feel? I do feel relieved that Hillary “there is no one to send the money back to” Clinton is not POTUS.
45/47

subego
Clinically Insane
Oct 16, 2017, 02:12 AM

The Church has cancer, while Hollywood actually is cancer.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Oct 16, 2017, 06:12 AM

It was me that said liberals were morally superior. I did a decent job of proving it too, despite what he says.

Oh and I'm going to use your own argument against you and just say now that Weinstein and the rest of his iceberg aren't real liberals.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Oct 16, 2017, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
The Church has cancer, while Hollywood actually is cancer.
Hollywood is just people, some of them creative, that creates characters that are mostly relatable. Blaming all ills on Hollywood is like the NRA blaming gun violence on video games (or Hollywood).

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Oct 16, 2017, 08:33 AM

Liberal political policies are morally superior. Liberal people are just people like anybody else - some good, some bad.

subego
Clinically Insane
Oct 16, 2017, 10:30 AM

Hollywood is just people, some of them creative, that creates characters that are mostly relatable. Blaming all ills on Hollywood is like the NRA blaming gun violence on video games (or Hollywood).
The ills I'm blaming on Hollywood are those of an industry whose explicit intent is to capitalize on superficiality as a crass appeal to our base instincts. That's not even me being cynical. It actually says that on the tin.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 16, 2017, 10:48 AM

WAPO article on donations to the Clinton defense fund during the Starr investigation.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...tarr082298.htm
Hollywood was quick to come to the president's aid. Among the 62 donors giving the maximum $10,000 were performers and directors such as Tom Hanks, Barbra Streisand, Michael Douglas, Ron Howard, Norman Lear, Steven Spielberg and Kate Capshaw-Spielberg as well as studio executives Jeffrey Katzenberg, David Geffen, Harvey Weinstein and Bud Yorkin.
45/47

andi*pandi
Oct 16, 2017, 10:51 AM

Yes, and Bill O'reilly etc donated to Trump.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 16, 2017, 10:53 AM

Courtney Love at the Pamela Anderson roast on 2005
45/47

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 16, 2017, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
Yes, and Bill O'reilly etc donated to Trump.
..and Trump donated to Hillary.
45/47

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 16, 2017, 11:27 AM

I'm curious, what does Weinstein donating to democrats prove? Like, what does it matter for liberals such as myself?
( Last edited by The Final Dakar; Oct 16, 2017 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Liberals got spellchecked into life metals)

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Oct 16, 2017, 12:44 PM

..and Trump donated to Hillary.
But he probably used someone else's money.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Oct 16, 2017, 12:46 PM

WAPO article on donations to the Clinton defense fund during the Starr investigation.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...tarr082298.htm
Were they not donating to assist a president being attacked for infidelity, not sexual assault?

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 16, 2017, 01:01 PM

Perjury and suborning perjury.
45/47

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Oct 16, 2017, 02:35 PM

In other words lying. And given the lie, I can see why people wouldn't care.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Oct 16, 2017, 05:16 PM

....and the Crusades and the Inquisition....

While Hollywood makes movies and TV shows about how horrible the Church is, behind the curtain there is far worse going on.
Maybe you need a quick refresher.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathol...al_abuse_cases

In one diocese, a dedicated clergy abuse police strike force (Strike Force Lantle) has laid more than 170 abuse charges
In 2017, the Australian Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse released a report revealing 7% of Australian priests between 1950 and 2009 were accused of abusing children, with 4,444 sex abuse incidents recorded, and with some Catholic orders having up to 40.4% of their priests with allegations against them
The government, police, and church had colluded in an attempt to cover up the allegations, but in December 1989 they were reported in the St. John's Sunday Express. Eventually more than 300 former pupils came forward with allegations of physical and sexual abuse at the orphanage
In August 2006, Father Charles Henry Sylvestre of Belle River, Ontario pleaded guilty to 47 counts of sexual abuse of females, aged between nine and fourteen years old, between 1952 and 1989
an "online archive established by lay Catholics," reports that over 3,000 civil lawsuits have been filed against the church,[110] some of these cases have resulted in multimillion-dollar settlements with many claimants.
From 2003 to 2009 nine other major settlements, involving over 375 cases with 1551 claimants/victims, resulted in payments of over US$1.1 billion.
The report stated there were approximately 10,667 reported victims (younger than 18 years) of clergy sexual abuse between 1950 and 2002
When it comes to literally tens of thousands of children being sexually abused, I'm not sure why you're trying to point something out as worse. What's your end goal? This isn't a contest to see who can rape the most kids. This is a bunch of people saying "raping kids is bad," and you saying, "Look at how bad the liberal Hollywood elite are, with their raping of kids."

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 16, 2017, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
Maybe you need a quick refresher.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathol...al_abuse_cases

When it comes to literally tens of thousands of children being sexually abused, I'm not sure why you're trying to point something out as worse. What's your end goal? This isn't a contest to see who can rape the most kids. This is a bunch of people saying "raping kids is bad," and you saying, "Look at how bad the liberal Hollywood elite are, with their raping of kids."
Then why focus only on the Church? Why not put the same effort into rooting out the pedarists out of Hollywood, or do you not want to do as Barbara Walters told Corey Feldman “destroy an entire industry”

Unlike Hollywood, the Church has taken steps to correct the problem. In fact the Pastor at my parish resigned after he was falsely accused. The Diocese brought in an outside investigation company that specializes in these cases and cleared him. When it comes to abuse charges today, Priests are guilty until proven innocent.
45/47

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Oct 16, 2017, 06:44 PM

Then why focus only on the Church? Why not put the same effort into rooting out the pedarists out of Hollywood, or do you not want to do as Barbara Walters told Corey Feldman “destroy an entire industry”

Unlike Hollywood, the Church has taken steps to correct the problem. In fact the Pastor at my parish resigned after he was falsely accused. The Diocese brought in an outside investigation company that specializes in these cases and cleared him. When it comes to abuse charges today, Priests are guilty until proven innocent.

Your arguments are stupid.

Priests provide counsel to people, including kids. Hollywood actors are in movies you can choose not to watch, and most of us will never come into physical contact with these actors.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 16, 2017, 07:16 PM

Your arguments are stupid.

Priests provide counsel to people, including kids. Hollywood actors are in movies you can choose not to watch, and most of us will never come into physical contact with these actors.
And yours are worse. If your criteria is the amount of contact, teachers have far more contact with children.
You need to put aside your hatred of the Church.
45/47

subego
Clinically Insane
Oct 16, 2017, 07:30 PM

Who's more skeevy... rock stars, or priests?

Paco500
Professional Poster
Oct 16, 2017, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
Who's more skeevy... rock stars, or priests?
As a group? Probably rock stars.

subego
Clinically Insane
Oct 16, 2017, 07:50 PM

Correct.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Oct 16, 2017, 08:37 PM

And yours are worse. If your criteria is the amount of contact, teachers have far more contact with children.
You are shifting the goalposts, teachers aren't in this mix. I happen to agree with you on this, but you are obsessing over Hollywood, not teachers.

I just don't understand how anybody can think like you on so many issues. Are you secretly a space alien trying to mess with me?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 16, 2017, 08:48 PM

I'm curious, what does Weinstein donating to democrats prove? Like, what does it matter for liberals such as myself?
chongo?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 16, 2017, 08:50 PM

Was it you that told CTP that liberals are morally superior?
Does that sound like me?

How do you know how I feel? I do feel relieved that Hillary “there is no one to send the money back to” Clinton is not POTUS.
We know. And I'm saying you'd have voted for anyone save the devil himself to have prevented it.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Oct 16, 2017, 09:40 PM

Then why focus only on the Church?
No-one is really. It was brought up in another thread by a question specifically about the church and you've been trying to deflect and defend and point fingers at other people and industries ever since as if that someone excuses the church or makes them look less bad.

That said, Hollywood doesn't isn't a babysitter, a school, a daycare. Its capitalist free market and its apparently desperately short on regulation. The church is supposed to be the source of guidance and a moral compass for its subscribers. Those dishing out such moral guidance should be expected to be good examples of it themselves so to do what they did, and hide it the way they did is just hypocrisy of worst order. Salt in an already very painful wound.

Prevention is better than cure here as much as anywhere but you don't get brownie points for not f***ing the children placed under your care. Its baseline decent behaviour.

Teachers are not "ours". They don't belong to atheism and they don't belong to the left. Especially not in America.

I would say you need to put aside your hatred of Hollywood but I honestly think the healthier course would be to temper your love of the church. A level of dedication to one group of humans that sees the instant and unthinking forgiveness of systemised child rape going back decades if not centuries while obsessively attacking other groups for lesser instances of the same crimes (I say lesser only because the cover up is less organised).

Forum Links
Forum Rules