Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Sonnet G3 Upgrade card extension doesn't work w/ 8.6

Sonnet G3 Upgrade card extension doesn't work w/ 8.6
TomServo
May 11, 1999, 05:42 PM

My Sonnet Crescendo G3 L2/PCI 300/1MB Cache card (in my Performa 6400) no longer works with OS 8.6 because the Crescendo extension fails to load (it hangs the system up). I have a feeling that Sonnet just needs to upgrade the extension ... anyone else have this problem?

ydnar1
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 11, 1999, 06:04 PM

I have a 7100 with a Sonnet 233 upgrade and 8.6. The extension I use is 1.33 not 1.34. I have had absolutely no problems since upgrading to 8.6 over two weeks ago. Try going back to a previous version of the extension.

TomServo
May 11, 1999, 06:22 PM

Do you know where I can get a copy of said extension? I got my upgrade card fairly recently, so I only have the newest version. Thanks!

TomServo
May 12, 1999, 03:22 AM

Actually, fear not! Sonnet (I think) just this evening posted version 1.3.4a on their web site. Download it for free at <A HREF="http://www.sonnettech.com/tech/software/default.html"> Sonnet's Download Site</A>. I'll let you know how it works tomorrow.

TomServo
May 12, 1999, 05:18 PM

Well ... I installed the new 1.3.5a extension ... and it still doesn't work. Same symptoms as before. Any ideas?

TomServo
May 12, 1999, 05:20 PM

Well ... I installed the new 1.3.5a extension ... and it still doesn't work. Same symptoms as before. Any ideas?

ydnar1
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 12, 1999, 05:42 PM

Send me your email and i will email it to you tomorrow.

Forum Links
Forum Rules