Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > menu bar icons aren't themed

menu bar icons aren't themed
superfula
Senior User
May 7, 2005, 04:05 PM

Every theme I've applied so far, including those that are updated for tiger, don't theme the battery, flag, clock, or spotlight menu bar icons. They theme the quick user switching though. anyone else seeing this?

roosta
Dedicated MacNNer
May 7, 2005, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by superfula
Every theme I've applied so far, including those that are updated for tiger, don't theme the battery, flag, clock, or spotlight menu bar icons. They theme the quick user switching though. anyone else seeing this?

i had some hassles with the menu icons earlier today. i had already changed the volume and airport icons. when i changed the spotlight icon though all the icons reverted to default aqua including the menus that go with them.
had to go to an earlier version of the theme mod i was working on to get my volume and airport back to the theme settings.

seems i'm stuck with the default spotlight graphite icon for now.

superfula  (op)
Senior User
May 8, 2005, 01:38 PM

Gah, I don't remember having to reboot after changing a theme in Panther, but I guess you do in Tiger. Everything looks good, except the middle of the battery meter and Spotlight aren't skinned

esXXI
Senior User
May 8, 2005, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by superfula
Gah, I don't remember having to reboot after changing a theme in Panther, but I guess you do in Tiger. Everything looks good, except the middle of the battery meter and Spotlight aren't skinned
Try logging in and out, that should do it. I know what you mean, it's annoying when trying to test a theme's menu extras.

superfula  (op)
Senior User
May 8, 2005, 02:24 PM

Yeah, when I said reboot, I meant relog. It is quite annoying though. If your just switching themes, it's not too bad, unless you switch often. but like you said, if you're just testing something, it's quite them pain

Forum Links
Forum Rules