Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > ISO 9660 & MacOS 9.04

ISO 9660 & MacOS 9.04
davewest2000
Nov 21, 2000, 10:59 PM

After installing MacOS 9.04, I can no longer read CD's burned in the ISO 9660 or Enhanced CD format. They all work great in MacOS 9.0 and under...does anyone have an explanation or solution for this? I am running a new G4 400, the one with the Pro kb and optical mouse.

Thanks,
Dave

Cipher13
Nov 22, 2000, 01:39 AM

Check that the ISO 9660 File Access extension is installed and enabled.

Cipher13

ginoledesma
Mac Elite
Nov 22, 2000, 09:34 AM

If it still doesn't work, consider installing the free Joliet Volume Access, which allows you to mount ISO 9660 CDs as well as CDs recorded in the Joliet format, with support up to Level III, far better than Apple's current support for Joliet.

davewest2000
Nov 22, 2000, 09:46 AM

Thanks for the tips. My Foriegn File Access Extension is installed, and as far as I know enabled. Is there somewhere I can check on this? I will install the utility you suggested, but the real problem is that I develop multimedia content that required the ISO 9660 format and the Enhanced CD format, and the inability of the new MacOS to read these formats put a big kink in the road for all developers like me. Can you imaging the "System Requirements" on the jewel case: "MacOS 7.6.1 or higher (except MacOS 9.04)." Why does Apple always have to screw with "the standards" and therefore screwing developers?

l008com
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 23, 2000, 11:45 PM

PC CD's are called Joliet, that kinda rhymes with...

------------------
L008 Com
Founding Member of the 'translucent' Party!
Vote for me in 2004!
"I didn't invent the internet, I made it better! And I don't even look like my dad!"

Forum Links
Forum Rules