Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Should I be concerned about this?

Should I be concerned about this?
Buck_W
Senior User
Apr 11, 2004, 05:14 PM

This morning while using my 15" TiBook with an external video projector (Keynote presentation), the screen on my PB went black. I closed the lid for a minute or so, thinking it was a "sleep" issue, but that didn't solve the problem. I hit the esc key, tried to do a command quit... nothing worked. The Keynote presentation was not effected, it was still coming through on the external video projector.

I finally turned the PB off by holding down the power button. When I restarted, everything looked fine inititally, but when the desktop came up, the menu bar across the top of the screen was there, but the shadow under the menu bar only went about 2/3 of the way across the screen. That definitely made me extremely nervous! It has never happened before. I restarted it again and everything seems to be fine.

I've run the Hardware Test CD and everything passed and checked out fine. I've also repaired the permissions. Could it be a problem related to Keynote and the external video projector? Would it help if I ran Disk Warrior? I guess what I'm wondering is whether it was just a "glitch" or something much more serious.

If anyone else has had anything like this happen to them, I would appreciate your feedback. Thanks ahead of time.
17" MacBook Pro 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 320G HD | 8 GB RAM | 10.10.3

AlbertWu
Professional Poster
Apr 11, 2004, 08:31 PM

it's just an issue with your monitor settings (internal vs external, stuff like that)

try playing with the system preferences
Ad Astra Per Aspera - Semper Exploro

Forum Links
Forum Rules