Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > 13" Intel iBook rumours redux

13" Intel iBook rumours redux (Page 5)
Simon
Posting Junkie
Apr 3, 2006, 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by slugslugslug
Well, this makes at least 3 of us: I would also be very surprised if they left the iSight out of the MacBook [not-Pro]. Unless maybe they have one "super-entry-level" model or an ultralight, neither of which I think are very likely.
Agreed. I couldn't have said it better myself.

thursdaythrice
Apr 3, 2006, 09:37 PM

What makes you think apple will really release the new ibook?
I mean i would love it and really looking forward to it, just wondering where everyone is getting all the info from, and how do you know they are right?

mduell
Posting Junkie
Apr 3, 2006, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by thursdaythrice
I mean i would love it and really looking forward to it, just wondering where everyone is getting all the info from, and how do you know they are right?

Forbes. ODM contracts are usually reliable sources.

volcano
Senior User
Apr 4, 2006, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by thursdaythrice

1. The dual-USB iBook (the first with a white casing) was introduced in May 2001. The G4 model of the iBook (with a slighly revised exterior) premiered in October 2003. Since then, no exterior changes have been made.

2. The iBook G4 started with either an 800MHz or 933MHz G4 processor in 2003. It's 2006, and the most up-to-date models only feature a 1.33GHz or 1.42GHz G4.

3. All Apple computer products will be fitted with Intel processors before the end of the year. With that said, it is to be expected that the old, crippling processors in the G4 iBooks and Powerbooks should be updated before the PowerMacs - which still feature a viable, current processor.

4. Apple tends to update each of their products every six or seven months. The last time the current iBook line saw an update was in July of 2005. The last time the 12" Powerbook saw an update was over a year ago - in January 2005.

5. The resolution on the 12" iBooks/Powerbooks are pathetic when compared to the MacBook Pro and 17" Powerbook. "Stuffing" a 1024 x 768 resolution screen in a 12" panel (when it was typically reserved for a 14" panel) was impressive 5 years ago, but now the displays are old, outdated, and inferior for this day and age.

I don't believe the rumors. I look at the facts in front of me and make an educated conclusion. And based on the facts I stated above, it's definitely time for the iBook line to be re-vamped and updated.

wilsonng
Senior User
Apr 4, 2006, 02:18 AM

well said, Volcano....

After years of languishing in the G4 realm while the G5 was deemed a dead end for the laptop form factor, I watched the Intel world screaming past my G4 PB with better performances on their laptops.

I am just patiently waiting for the 13.3" form factor that has been hinted at by Apple's suppliers and manufacturers.

No more telling myself that "my G4 PB is fast enough for my needs" while enviously watching colleague's laptops blazing through what would choke my G4's CPU.

The G4 was good for its time but Apple needed better performance and better chips.

Intel, here I come...

ApplCmptrDood
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 4, 2006, 02:56 AM

Well, according to this Forbes article, it's going to be Intel iBooks, Macbooks, in June!
http://www.forbes.com/technology/fee...fx2643961.html

Edit: Dang it, mduell beat me to it!
Apparently, I'm a sig violator. I feel honored. Oops.

zubro
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 4, 2006, 08:52 AM

I believe that the new iBook (MacBook) will be a MacBook Pro with:
13" wide (as everybody sounds to agree...)
Much less V-Ram than the Pro
Still iPod like case
no EpressCard slot

That, to me, makes a good difference to the Pro line.

thursdaythrice
Apr 7, 2006, 08:58 PM

how much will this new apple ibook cost?

im_noahselby
Senior User
Apr 7, 2006, 09:54 PM

Well, it appears that the new MacBook will likely be everything I speculated it to be. The only thing that surprises me about the AI report was that it will start out with a 1.67 Core Duo. I thought for sure that in order to maintain a budget pricepoint, that they'd need to pull all their punches, but this leads me to believe that the new MacBooks won't start out at that all important $999 price point. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Noah
Macbook 2.0 Ghz - Black
iPhone 4GB - Fido

Cory Bauer
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 7, 2006, 10:32 PM

Thinksecret's mention that the iBook replacement will also replace the 12" PowerBook has me terrified that the starting price for an Apple notebook with a graphics card is going to be $1,999. Man I hope that's not the case.
-Cory Bauer
[email protected]
http://www.sboobtv.com

Simon
Posting Junkie
Apr 8, 2006, 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by Cory Bauer
Thinksecret's mention that the iBook replacement will also replace the 12" PowerBook has me terrified that the starting price for an Apple notebook with a graphics card is going to be $1,999. Man I hope that's not the case.
Don't worry. They can offer a Core Solo model with integrated graphics on the low end. That should put you in the sub-$1000 ballpark. See the TS article.

Eug Wanker  (op)
Posting Junkie
Location: Dangling something in the water… of the Arabian Sea
Apr 9, 2006, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Simon
Don't worry. They can offer a Core Solo model with integrated graphics on the low end. That should put you in the sub-$1000 ballpark. See the TS article.
That would suck. It may be true, but I sure hope not, since the iBook crowd includes many casual gamers, and probably more so than the Mac mini crowd.

Originally Posted by volcano
5. The resolution on the 12" iBooks/Powerbooks are pathetic when compared to the MacBook Pro and 17" Powerbook. "Stuffing" a 1024 x 768 resolution screen in a 12" panel (when it was typically reserved for a 14" panel) was impressive 5 years ago, but now the displays are old, outdated, and inferior for this day and age.
It is interesting to note that the latest iteration of the Aperture Checker states that in order to install Aperture, the minimum screen size needs to be 1280x780.

That may suggest something about coming MacBooks, since 1280x800 is a common screen size (although 1280x780 isn't).

Personally I think it's stupid though, since I think the minimum should stay at 1024x768, which is currently supported by Aperture anyway. BTW, lots of LCD TVs with VGA/DVI inputs are 1280x720 or 1360x768, so I think it would be a big shame if they kill XXXXx768 support, when they've already been allowing it since last year.

slugslugslug
Mac Elite
Apr 9, 2006, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Simon
Originally Posted by Cory Bauer
I also missed this the first couple times when I read Cory's post, but it said "with a graphics card," by which I assume he means "without integrated graphics". In other words, if you want better than integrated graphics, you'd have to get a 15" MBP. I personally can live w/the crappy graphics, but I can see how this is cause for some folks to worry.

jamil5454
Mac Elite
Apr 9, 2006, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by volcano
I don't believe the rumors. I look at the facts in front of me and make an educated conclusion.
Which more people in this world should do. I was arguing with a girl the other day about Lebanon, and she had the strongest opinion that they degrade women over there, although she knows hardly anything about the country.

Anyway, sorry for the mini-rant. The new iBooks, or MacBooks I should say, are going to be one big upgrade over the current models. I'm trying not to think about it though, as I'm on a 12" iBook G4, which works just fine. However, if I was offered FrontRow with DVI-out, an integrated iSight, and larger screen I sure would take them.

But what I'm most excited about in terms of hype is the rumored new design. Currently, the iBook is a very durable machine, and I hope that doesn't change with the MacBooks, but I'm confident Apple will find a way to release yet another functional and sexy machine.

im_noahselby
Senior User
Apr 10, 2006, 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by Eug Wanker
That would suck. It may be true, but I sure hope not, since the iBook crowd includes many casual gamers, and probably more so than the Mac mini crowd.
You are setting yourself up for dissapointment if you think the new MacBooks will sport anything other than integrated graphics. I'm convinced that this will be the direction Apple takes these new machines.

Noah
( Last edited by im_noahselby; Apr 10, 2006 at 03:22 AM. )
Macbook 2.0 Ghz - Black
iPhone 4GB - Fido

Simon
Posting Junkie
Apr 10, 2006, 03:25 AM

I'm with Noah on this one. If you people believe the iBook replacement is going to get you the guts of 15" MBP in the case of a 12" PB, you might as well get some Prozac ready.

nJm
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 10, 2006, 04:17 AM

I've been holding out to replace my iBook with a '12" PowerBook' replacement, but it seems that there will be simply two grades of MacBook - a solo and duo version (according to thinksecret.com anyway). I really need more graphics power than the intel that's in the Mini. Ah well, might just have to save up a bit more for the massive 15" MBP.
MBP 2.16ghz 15"
iMac G5 1.6Ghz 17"
Powermac 7200/120

Eug Wanker  (op)
Posting Junkie
Apr 10, 2006, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by im_noahselby
You are setting yourself up for dissapointment if you think the new MacBooks will sport anything other than integrated graphics. I'm convinced that this will be the direction Apple takes these new machines.
Perhaps, but it won't just be me. The last iBooks had MUCH superior GPUs to the last G4 Mac minis (and even the last G4 PowerBooks). There has to be a reason (besides the ripple effect), or else Apple would have just stuck with the Radeon 9200 in the iBooks.

A Core Duo replacement for the 12" PowerBook would majorly suck if it got Intel integrated graphics. I suppose I could understand a Core Solo MacBook with integrated graphics to replace the iBook, but even that would be lame.

If those are the only two options then for sure I won't be buying a Mac laptop any time soon. I want a small laptop with a reasonable GPU, and I have zero interest in the 15" (or 17").

b11051973
Forum Regular
Apr 10, 2006, 02:12 PM

I've currently got the 867 Mhz 12" PowerBook G4. My plan has been buying a 13" MBP. For how much I move around my current PB, I'd like to keep the replacement small. I do NOT want to get a laptop that has integrated graphics. I also don't want to get the 15" model. I'll have to make some kind of compromise. I especially like the smaller one because it's cheaper.

Please Apple, put a video card in the 13" MacBook.

Gamoe
Mac Elite
Apr 11, 2006, 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by mduell
Dump the optical drive, like much of the rest of the industry has done, and 0.9" and 3.5lb becomes very easy.
Exactly. I am hoping for an "ultra-thin" MacBook myself. I think there is more market than a lot of people here think for an "ultrathin" or "sub-notebook" machine. Make one reasonably priced, and I bet they'd sell like hotcakes.

As for iSight, I do expect to see it in the MacBook as well. I would like a graphics card, but unfortunately I don't think that will come about. I think most MacBook owners will have to be content with, or at least bear, integrated Intel graphics. I think there's a possibility of a high-end MacBook with a graphics card, tough.

Myself-- I am happy with my current G3 iBook. I've fitted it with an 80 GB hard drive, which might not be available on the lower-end MacBook (and I would try to avoid messing with the insides of a new 'book). However, a well-priced optical-driveless sub-notebook would definitely make me consider upgrading sooner.

Eug Wanker  (op)
Posting Junkie
Apr 11, 2006, 10:27 AM

Dump the optical drive? Nah, I hope they get a Core Duo "Pro" model with a Blu-ray drive and DVI HDCP support.

That may be wishful thinking, but laptops with Blu-ray drives are due out in June from other manufacturers. (Non-Apple Core Duo laptops with HD-DVD are due next month.) The actual drives were supposed to be available by now, but whether that's true or not I don't know. Even if it is true, it will take some time for laptops to be built in volume with them, so June seems possible.

A worrisome issue however is the thickness. Panasonic's Blu-ray laptop drives are 12.7 mm thick. The current MacBook Pro has only a single-layer 4X DVD burner becaues it apparently cannot accept 12.7 mm thick optical drives. It uses 9.5 mm optical drives.

b11051973
Forum Regular
Apr 11, 2006, 10:38 AM

I wouldn't mind an external optical drive to save weight and space. I rarely use my optical drive anyway. The only time I use it is to install software. I hardly ever watch DVDs on it.

slugslugslug
Mac Elite
Apr 11, 2006, 10:56 AM

I am the only one in this thread developing a sense of déjà vu?

Gamoe
Mac Elite
Apr 11, 2006, 07:59 PM

Dump the optical drive? Nah, I hope they get a Core Duo "Pro" model with a Blu-ray drive and DVI HDCP support.
I'm not suggesting all the MacBooks drop the optical, just one model, maybe the low-end or next to low-end one.

Gamoe
Mac Elite
Apr 11, 2006, 08:00 PM

What was that?

Gamoe
Mac Elite
Apr 11, 2006, 08:02 PM

What was that?

slugslugslug
Mac Elite
Apr 11, 2006, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Gabriel Morales
What was that?
Originally Posted by Gabriel Morales
What was that?
Ha ha. Slick.

What I was referring to is the fact that back on the first page of this thread, we had a) Simon saying he's certain there'll be no Pro among the smallest MacBooks b) you and Eug disagreeing on whether a no-optical-drive MacBook is a good idea. So it's all kinda come full circle..

(I was in on discussion b) the first time around, but I figured I'd sit it out this time since my opinion's already out there)

slugslugslug
Mac Elite
Apr 11, 2006, 10:45 PM

In a newish development, AI is saying that MacBooks may come in more than one color option (though they're covering they're asses by saying the decision isn't final yet).

Actually, I think that rumor cropped up in the last few months, too, but that might be the lingering déjà vu thing again..

beverson
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 12, 2006, 12:41 AM

I really hope the Mac Books don't have integrated graphics. That being said, I'm not super-woried. To re-hash, it would mean a regression from generation to generation in relation to the Mac minis. I just don't think that will happen.

I also think ditching the optical drive is extremely unlikely -- probably more unlikely than integrated graphics. Same goes for the iSight.

But really, in the end, I just want it to have mini-DVI. I don't think Apple would make the Mac Book the only Mac that supports just VGA and no DVI. They changed the iMac -- one of the only substantive changes in the Intel models over the G5 ones (well, aside from the obvious). This would also hopefully mean out-of-the-box support for display spanning. I'm sure a hack could be devised, though it may take a while since the old one was in Open Firmware. But I could live without display spanning for a little while as long as I have a DVI out.

Gamoe
Mac Elite
Apr 12, 2006, 01:23 AM

Ha ha. Slick.
I had the board software telling me that I was making a duplicate post. And yet again I am reminded why computers should never be delegated the task of making an important decsion where content and context are involved.

What I was referring to is the fact that back on the first page of this thread, we had a) Simon saying he's certain there'll be no Pro among the smallest MacBooks b) you and Eug disagreeing on whether a no-optical-drive MacBook is a good idea. So it's all kinda come full circle..

(I was in on discussion b) the first time around, but I figured I'd sit it out this time since my opinion's already out there)
Well, we've got to re-invigorate the discussion here. It's really all about fun anyhow-- the speculation. And, since things have changed since the first time, I wanted to re-affirm my views. We've got a thread going on AppleTalker about notebooks as main or auxiliary Macs.

I do believe that a well-priced ultra-thin notebook from Apple, even with the lowliest Core Solo, would be a big hit with a lot of people. It might be the iPod mini/nano of the MacBooks!

Gamoe
Mac Elite
Apr 12, 2006, 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by beverson
I really hope the Mac Books don't have integrated graphics. That being said, I'm not super-woried. To re-hash, it would mean a regression from generation to generation in relation to the Mac minis. I just don't think that will happen.
I would be (pleasantly) surprised if we didn't see integrated graphics in the MacBooks, at least for the lower-end models. It's a "new (Macintosh) World order" and apparently sacrifices have to be made...

Simon
Posting Junkie
Apr 12, 2006, 03:54 AM

I'd like to see Apple develop a 13" widescreen portable with no internal optical but a decent CPU, i.e. Core Duo. Make it ultra-thin, ultra-light and make sure it has great battery lifetime and I bet it would sell quite well. Problem is, if Apple made such a thing and they'd manage to put in a Core Solo/1.5GHz with integrated graphics, price it at $1699 and then wonder why nobody's buying it. Cube reloaded so to say.

Just for the record, I want them to release a 2.0GHz MBP with a X1600/256 in a 13" enclosure. It's just that I highly doubt that will happen - and certainly not at a price point below the current 15" MBP. And that's why I'm telling people not to get their hopes up on a 'Pro' 13" model.

I'd love the MB to have a X1300 or so instead of integrated graphics. However I believe in order to keep a sub-$1000 model we might have to expect integrated graphics on the low end. Again, we need to remember that Apple's a business that wants to make money off of suckers like us, they're not the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

TheoCryst
Mac Elite
Apr 12, 2006, 04:30 AM

My official request: I want a 13" MacBook with two configurations. I want one to have a Core Solo, and one to have a Core Duo. I want dedicated video, minimum of an old Radeon 9600, with 32 MB of memory (though 64 would be nice). I want an optical drive, though I could live without it. I want 1280x780 resolution, though 1280x800 is also allowed. And I want the starting price for the lower model to be no higher than $1099.

This is what I want. Apple should read this and do it, because I obviously have that much say in what computers Apple releases. </sarcasm>

Okay, in all seriousness, I feel as though the above would make the entire Mac community very happy. Anyone strongly disagree with me?

EDIT: Sorry... sleep deprivation and caffeine are not a good combination.
( Last edited by TheoCryst; Apr 12, 2006 at 01:12 PM. )

Any ramblings are entirely my own, and do not represent those of my employers, coworkers, friends, or species

slugslugslug
Mac Elite
Apr 12, 2006, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by beverson
Like Gabriel and presumably Simon & Eug, I don't think that means much. People like us notwithstanding, most of the folks who buy iBooks probably aren't aware of the different GPU models that Apple could've picked. They're certainly not looking at the fact that the last iBook's GPU beat the last mini's and assume the same thing has to continue to hold.

In the end, I think the most likely scenario is two stock models, with the differences being the basics like optical drive, clock speed, RAM, and HDD capacity. Whether integrated or not, they'll probably have the same video setup, and it'll probably include DVI out.

Like Simon, I'd love to see a Pro book in this size, but I'm not getting my hopes up. What I want even more is something even lighter with no optical drive, but I think the odds of that are vanishingly small.

I just want them to hurry up and bring it out, though. One for me, and one as a gift to my parents, to finally make 'em switch.

mduell
Posting Junkie
Apr 12, 2006, 02:58 PM

I think the $999 model will be Core Solo and GMA950; there aren't a whole lot of options there.

The higher end model is the big question. Core Duo is a given, but the clockrate, price, and GPU remain in the air. 1.66Ghz, GMA950, and $1249 is a realistic option; 1.83Ghz, X1300, and $1699 is another realistic option; 2Ghz, X1600, and $1999 is also realistic.

I want a 150dpi screen; either 15" at 1920x1200 or 13.3" at 1680x1050. I doubt Apple will catch up with their screen resolutions anytime soon.

legacyb4
Mac Elite
Apr 12, 2006, 03:19 PM

I, for one, am hoping that they don't exceed the 1,280 pixel width on a 13 inch screen. It was bad enough on a 17 inch LCD; the thought of that on 13 inch makes my eyes water...
Macbook (Black) C2D/250GB/3GB | G5/1.6 250GBx2/2.0GB
Free Mobile Ringtone & Games Uploader | Flickr | Twitter

slugslugslug
Mac Elite
Apr 12, 2006, 03:19 PM

I was under the impression that devs have to make changes to their apps to support the ppi-independent GUI feature that's--I think--already available in Tiger. I can't imagine Apple bumping up the density that high until the UI feature is more widely implemented, so hopefully they're working on making it automagic in Leopard.

I want high ppi too, but if I'm working in a supposedly WYSIWYG word processor, then I want 100% zoom on the screen of either my 100-ish ppi iMac or my 150 ppi MacBook to both show text at exactly the same size as it will appear on paper. And I don't want my menu and dialog box fonts to get too much smaller than they are on my iMac now..

rockritic
Apr 12, 2006, 03:28 PM

AppleInsider is rehashing the 13" widescreen iBook rumours: Apple's Front Row media experience coming to iBook line

We shall see, in a few months.
Hi there. I'm currently working with a 15" lcd screen, although it is not wide-screen format.

I'm seriously considering the next iBook (Macbook?) but I'm having trouble with the idea of a 13" screen, especially if it's in 'wide-screen' format.

My current notebook is my 'everything' - sales office, design studio (Adobe Creative Suite, print applications) Camera studio, gaming, Internet surfing...

Will I be able to use Photoshop or Indesign without feeling like I'm working in a cramped environment? I will also have access to a second display, but I want to know if I will be comfortable working with the a 13" widescreen desktop.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

TheoCryst
Mac Elite
Apr 12, 2006, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by distro_1
Hi there. I'm currently working with a 15" lcd screen, although it is not wide-screen format.

I'm seriously considering the next iBook (Macbook?) but I'm having trouble with the idea of a 13" screen, especially if it's in 'wide-screen' format.

My current notebook is my 'everything' - sales office, design studio (Adobe Creative Suite, print applications) Camera studio, gaming, Internet surfing...

Will I be able to use Photoshop or Indesign without feeling like I'm working in a cramped environment? I will also have access to a second display, but I want to know if I will be comfortable working with the a 13" widescreen desktop.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.
The important question is what your current laptop's resolution happens to be. If it's native resolution is low (probably 1024x768), then you'll actually have MORE real estate to work with on the smaller display. If, however, you are coming from something denser than that, you may feel a little cramped on the smaller display.

Any ramblings are entirely my own, and do not represent those of my employers, coworkers, friends, or species

Eug Wanker  (op)
Posting Junkie
Apr 21, 2006, 03:30 PM

Piper Jaffray suggests July.

Munster predicts Apple will not announce an Intel iBook (MacBook) until July, seeing as Apple said its strong educational buying months fall between July and September. "Also," the analyst said, "Apple's guidance for the June quarter does not appear to factor in an uptick in iBook, adding to our confidence that the new iBook won't ship until July."

I damn well hope that isn't the case, cuz I'm selling my iBook this week.

Voch
Mac Elite
Apr 21, 2006, 03:56 PM

Yep. Apple must know I have the money for a refurb MBP but am waiting for a lower-end, more portable plastic model... I hope there's at least an announcement sometime in May.

Or even better: early next week when the 17" MBP will reportedly be introduced. "One more thing..."

Voch

Eug Wanker  (op)
Posting Junkie
Apr 22, 2006, 01:31 AM

OK, this article is a week old, but I'm posting it anyway because it's much more positive.

MacBook Pro availability improves, new iBooks imminent

"Apple has an arrangement with a UK firm under which that firm disposes of all Apple's ex-demo stock. That company this week announced a number of iBooks and eMacs at slightly discounted prices, inadvertently furnishing potential evidence that a move to release new consumer portables could come soon.

mgl
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 22, 2006, 02:36 PM

I agree with the analysts, Apple will have the MB shipping in quantity in July in time for school. But I tihnk Apple will announce it in May. Inventories should start tightening soon and by May then should be ready to announce.

With the MB and 17" MBP, all that will be left will be the powermac and xserve replacements. I think those will wait until fall at the earliest.

Eug Wanker  (op)
Posting Junkie
Apr 23, 2006, 01:48 AM

I don't think Apple will announce a MacBook in May for a release 2 months later. My guess is when they announce the 13" MacBook/MacBook Pro, it's either going to be shipping immediately, or else withing a couple of weeks.

Anyways, my iBook is now with its new owner. Here's hoping for a Core Duo 13" 1280x800 MacBook Pro with Radeon X1300 128 MB DVI and a Core Solo 13" MacBook with X300 64 MB VGA by mid-May...

Simon
Posting Junkie
Apr 23, 2006, 04:19 AM

Here's hoping for a Core Duo 13" 1280x800 MacBook Pro with Radeon X1300 128 MB DVI and a Core Solo 13" MacBook with X300 64 MB VGA by mid-May...
Price points? $1699 and $1299?

And just for the record, I think nobody will have to live with VGA out anymore. Even the $599 mini with its cheesy integrated graphics has DVI. I don't see why Apple should not put it on the MB. Especially, when they don't need to artificially cripple it next to a non existing small MBP.

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Apr 23, 2006, 04:24 AM

Here's my prediction: The iBook will have dedicated graphics. It would look quite stupid for Apple to give the iMac a fine GPU and then to turn around and screw iBook buyers.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Simon
Posting Junkie
Apr 23, 2006, 04:31 AM

Here's my current guess. 2 MacBook configs, both with 13" widescreens, 512MB RAM built in, 5400rpm HDDs, APX/BT ready, and no expansion slot.

$1099
• Core Solo
• Integrated Graphics
• Combo

$1399
• Core Duo
• X1300, 64MB
• 4x SD

They could reintroduce a color option. Maybe white (like the current iBook) plus black.

harrisjamieh
Mac Elite
Apr 23, 2006, 05:11 AM

Stop guessing! This thread is going round and round in circles, with the same people repdicting the same things! You will find out soong enough !
iMac Core Duo 1.83 Ghz | 1.25GB RAM | 160HD, MacBook Core Duo 1.83 Ghz | 13.3" | 60HD | 1.0GB RAM

dazzla
Senior User
Apr 23, 2006, 05:14 AM

One of the problems with that is 2 different motherboards for the same laptop. Surely it'll be all Intel or all ATI.

Simon
Posting Junkie
Apr 23, 2006, 06:05 AM

The iBooks always had 2 separate motherboards and with the 12" PB there were actually three different types. I think assuming there will be 2 is not too far out.

Forum Links
Forum Rules