Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Belkin Bluetooth Mouse

Belkin Bluetooth Mouse
nobitacu
Mac Elite
Oct 1, 2003, 07:56 AM

Yea, I know this might of been posted before, but I don't think anyone has provided a link to it. Anyways, I checked it out, but it still doesn't say if it works with OS X, I hope it does...

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProdu...duct_Id=157641

Ming
A Proud Mac User Since: 03/24/03
Apple Computer: MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 3 GB Memory, 120 GB HD

schk
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 1, 2003, 12:41 PM

Originally posted by nobitacu:
Yea, I know this might of been posted before, but I don't think anyone has provided a link to it. Anyways, I checked it out, but it still doesn't say if it works with OS X, I hope it does...

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProdu...duct_Id=157641

Ming
The press release on their site states mac os x compatibility, I'm gonna pick this up when it can be bought (supposed to be on sale starting today)

http://web.belkin.com/presspage/Rele...icalMouse.html

nobitacu  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 1, 2003, 09:27 PM

Originally posted by schk:
The press release on their site states mac os x compatibility, I'm gonna pick this up when it can be bought (supposed to be on sale starting today)

http://web.belkin.com/presspage/Rele...icalMouse.html
Sweet! I'm going to pick one up as well than once I see it for sale.

Ming

sworthy
Mac Elite
Oct 1, 2003, 11:03 PM

let us know how you like it

slider
Mac Elite
Oct 3, 2003, 10:51 PM

I contacted Belkin and asked when it was to go on sale, the rep told me about the 3rd week of Oct.

schk
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 19, 2003, 05:04 PM

Just in case some of you wanted to get this, a few places are showing this in stock. ecost being the cheapest:

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=...ouse&scoring=p

Gonna place an order for mine now.

slider
Mac Elite
Oct 19, 2003, 05:55 PM

Originally posted by schk:
Just in case some of you wanted to get this, a few places are showing this in stock. ecost being the cheapest:

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=...ouse&scoring=p

Gonna place an order for mine now.
I preordered this through MacConnection with some other stuff, not the cheapest, but the only ones carrying the other items. We'll see how it works out.

slider
Mac Elite
Oct 20, 2003, 06:35 PM

its still backordered, grr

schk
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 20, 2003, 08:54 PM

The places listed claimed stock, but were also backordered. I know when I emailed them earlier they had an ETA of November 1st, so know I'm just gonna hold off on ordering till they are really in stock.

nobitacu  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 20, 2003, 09:42 PM

Grrrrr! back ordered for me too! I guess a lot of people are also trying to get their hands on this. What I love about this thing is that there is no need of a docking station unlike the other non Apple bluetooth mouse which uses one. I love this thing!

Ming

slider
Mac Elite
Oct 20, 2003, 10:17 PM

Yeah, I currently have a logitech mouse and I think it's great, but needing a dock to recharge, well with logitech's set up I might as well just us an rf mouse, plus, they aren't even listing Mac support. When I get it I'll post back.

j0nkatz
Oct 22, 2003, 10:28 AM

Do NOT buy from ecost.com.

They really jerked me around. Ordered it Monday and they said they were in stock. So i had it sent FedEx overnight. On Tuesday it didn't show up so I called ecost TWICE both times they said they woud find out what happened to the order and call me back. I NEVER got a response back from them. So Wednesday I noticed that my card had been charged for the full amount. I called ecost and they said they were out of stock and that someone had cancelled my order! I never cancelled it and they still charged me! At least they were "nice" enough to refund my card.

WORTHLESS!

slider
Mac Elite
Oct 27, 2003, 06:53 PM

That is pretty bad. I had actually cancelled my order from MacConnection and ordered from eCost instead as they showed it as "In Stock", It was have been a miss entry and I am guessing that is why they tried to ship it out to you. Lost in cyber land.

Anyways, I just wanted to let everyone know that I contacted eCost for an update and they said they are expecting them in on 11/04. A bit of a wait. I am pretty sure no one has them. My guess is that Belkin expected them to be shipping sooner.

nobitacu  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 27, 2003, 07:14 PM

Originally posted by slider:
That is pretty bad. I had actually cancelled my order from MacConnection and ordered from eCost instead as they showed it as "In Stock", It was have been a miss entry and I am guessing that is why they tried to ship it out to you. Lost in cyber land.

Anyways, I just wanted to let everyone know that I contacted eCost for an update and they said they are expecting them in on 11/04. A bit of a wait. I am pretty sure no one has them. My guess is that Belkin expected them to be shipping sooner.
Grrrr.... more wait again... Oh well... once I get the mouse, it will be all worth it.

Ming

slider
Mac Elite
Nov 7, 2003, 04:28 AM

OK, this is getting ridiculous. Has anyone gotten this mouse yet? I know one guy did and had initial setup issue, which he resolved. I am wondering if I should cancel and try to find it at a reseller. Anyone, any thoughts?

slider
Mac Elite
Nov 7, 2003, 04:27 PM

Email the Belkin again today and got this.

The BT Mouse starts shipping today. Your order will be fulfilled depending when the reseller ordered it and if the order was made directly to Belkin or through one our distributors. You may want to contact your reseller and have them follow it up.

Thank you,

John Soriano
Sr. Sales Representative

So i think next week at the latest.

slider
Mac Elite
Nov 9, 2003, 11:15 AM

Shipped, finally.

nobitacu  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 10, 2003, 03:52 AM

Originally posted by slider:
Shipped, finally.
Oh man... it's about time!

Ming

ulmer
Nov 10, 2003, 09:28 AM

I ordered from MacMall and got mine two Fridays ago. Hope your's show up soon!

I originally couldn't get the mouse to work with my 15" Albook and 10.3 but figured it out. You might need to follow these instructions for it to work. If you go the normal setup wizard route, it'll probably give you a message that it failed to pair with the mouse.

---------------

This is odd but here's the way to set the Belkin bluetooth mouse up. Automatic pairing with your computer doesn't work so this is the deal:

-Click on the bluetooth icon and select "Set up bluetooth device" and hit "Continue"

-On the next screen, choose "Other Device", not "Mouse". Hit the "Connect" button on the bottom of the mouse and then hit "Continue"

-Your mouse will be detected on the next screen. Select it and hit "Continue".

-You will be asked to enter a passkey. Enter four zeros: 0000, hit the connect button on the bottom of the mouse again and then continue.

-It should think for a few seconds and then tell you your bluetooth mouse is ready to use

Hitting the connect button makes the mouse discoverable for a minute or so. It's necessary for the computer to find it.

I discovered the passkey on the Belkin site as the default for a t68i phone and figured it was worth a shot.

chabig
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 10, 2003, 09:53 AM

Why don't these companies sell bluetooth accessories without the bluetooth adapter? Both Microsoft and Belkin make you buy and adapter with the mouse. But not everyone needs an external adapter. More and more computers have bluetooth built-in. Dumb.

Chris

jetta_gt
Forum Regular
Nov 12, 2003, 06:34 AM

bump

any other thoughts/reviews on this mouse yet?

slider
Mac Elite
Nov 13, 2003, 09:50 PM

Well it finally got here and thanks to "ulmer" I was able to set it up almost effortlessly. It seemed to take a minute to turn on after set. I was playing with the bluetooth settings and somehow it just started to work.

This mouse is comparable to the Logitech Wireless Optical MouseMan, which I also use and love, but a little bigger in the hand. Also set up the scroll button as the "all windows" button in expose'. Mouse settings can be adjusted in the mouse perference just like any other mouse even though the set up (ulmers) was not a mouse set up. One thing that does not work is the battery meter for the mouse under the BT tab in the Mouse and Keyboard SysPref. I like the mouse and would recommend it.

jetta_gt
Forum Regular
Nov 14, 2003, 08:40 PM

Would any owners of this mouse comment on lagginess? Is it usable for games like Warcraft III or Ghost Recon?

nerd
Senior User
Nov 14, 2003, 09:43 PM

I got my mouse today. I had to follow the directions above to get it to work. So far I'm impressed and think I'll be happy enought that I won't go out and buy another brand in a month. I haven't tried to game with it but it seems very responsive. I'm comparing this to the Microsoft Optical Blue Wireless crap one that I've used before.

Brad

slider
Mac Elite
Nov 14, 2003, 10:01 PM

I was having some trouble today, turns out my brand new batterys, which came with the mouse where drained. Guess they waited too long to finally ship the mouse I have not gamed with it, might be awhile until I do.

Forum Links
Forum Rules