Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Italian Customer Care

Italian Customer Care
keithjarret
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 4, 2006, 07:44 AM

Hi guys,
this is the first time I a drope down a coupple of line in this amazing forum. My name is Simone i am a student and a worker. I have to ask you some advices about my bad bad experience with the customer care relation in Italy. The story it is very long but i will do my best to make a short resume. At the begining of August i boght a beatiful macbook pro 15.4" 2ghz. After one day it started to have a lot of hardware and software problems. In 15 days i had 83 kernel panic, the keybord wasn't assembled in the right way..i had a lot of electrical discharge on the alluminium case. Finaly i phoned a lot of times to the apple cutomer care here in Italy (you have to pay the call) and i brought the macbook pro to an apple center. They changed the logic bord, the keybord, all the isolation for the hot temperature of the core duo and the mac os x ompletely reinstalled.
I brought back my macbook pro to my house and immediately it started to have some problems. I can type down using text editor bacause the left part of the case became incredibly hot..i had continuing crash using programss like safari, photoshop and dreamweaver...plus i need to wear my sport shoes because the eletricy on the alluminium case.
Well i phoned again to the italian customer care office, i brought again my computer to an apple center....finaly the customer care service said me that this kind of problems are normal apple's problems for users. So they did not authorize the reparation neither the replace of my macbook pro that have a lot of problems.
Untill now i used my macboo pro just for 7 days...right now is still at the apple center. I really can't understand this way of tret the customer. I now i was unluky to by this model that have a lot of problems but apple but Mr Giovanni Fogliato from the Italian customer relation refuse my simple request...just repalce my macbook pro with a new one but he did not want. I tried to ask him to speak with a supervisor but he say me to type down a letter (not an e-mail..we live in the medieval time?) and that's all!!
My brother thanks to my advice bought a mac book pro and it is very happy because it work perfectly.
Please i ask you an advice about what i have to do before go to my family's lawyers and contact the italian customer association. I really can't belive that Apple treat customers in thais way!!
Thanks to everybody for the patience and the interest in my issue.

Simone

ericssonboi
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 4, 2006, 08:51 AM

Try sending a email to [email protected]
and someone should give you a reply..
Just make sure you leave all your information such as serial number of the system, contact information, etc.
15" 2.33 MBP 2GB Ram, 120GB HD - Main Rig

Forum Links
Forum Rules