Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Superdrive installed in pc?

Superdrive installed in pc?
treebark7182
Forum Regular
Apr 24, 2004, 12:03 AM

Hey all, i recently upgraded my dvr-104 to a nice new shiny dvr-107. I installed the old one into my friends pc and it works. The only problem is that its runnin on the old firmware A227 and i want to get it into a pc firmware so itll burn at 2x with ritek rather than 1x. Does anyone know how to resest or flash this drive. I keep getting errors.

emark
Forum Regular
Apr 24, 2004, 01:38 PM

have you run software update? did it catch/see anything?

If not I'd manually download apple's latest superdrive firmware...

http://www.apple.com/hardware/superdrive/

if that didn't work, you might try running a custom install from a retail disk, or if that isn't available, a fresh os install on a partition to see if starting from scratch it then applies updates auto-magically to it, recognizes as Apple oem and installs appropriately...I thought that that was what was good about these is that it would be seen as oem as what apple puts in.

If neither works, was it up to date with firmware, NOT drivers, when it left the PC? Did it perform at the speed you wish on the PC? if so it's the driver and the above should work I hope for you.

good luck

treebark7182  (op)
Forum Regular
Apr 24, 2004, 09:44 PM

it was fine in my mac.... im trying to put it in a pc. how can i restart the drive from scratch and install new firmware??

Forum Links
Forum Rules