Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Lion and Little Snitch

Lion and Little Snitch
bwanamike2
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 22, 2011, 07:41 PM

OS 10.7 and Little Snitch 2.4 sort of work together, but I lost access to the App Store (uncool), so Little Snitch is gone. It worked fine in OS 10.6.8 but was inconsistent in Lion, with the status icon disappearing from the menu bar. Hopefully there will be an update that can handle all the server transactions involved in accessing and downloading an app from the App Store.

So far my DoorStop firewall and Intego VirusBarrier X6 are functioning as asked.

ChrisF
Senior User
Jul 22, 2011, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by bwanamike2 View Post
OS 10.7 and Little Snitch 2.4 sort of work together, but I lost access to the App Store (uncool), so Little Snitch is gone. It worked fine in OS 10.6.8 but was inconsistent in Lion, with the status icon disappearing from the menu bar. Hopefully there will be an update that can handle all the server transactions involved in accessing and downloading an app from the App Store.

So far my DoorStop firewall and Intego VirusBarrier X6 are functioning as asked.
Little Snitch 2.4 is working perfectly fine for me with the App Store.

I'mDaMac
Senior User
Jul 22, 2011, 09:58 PM

Little Snitch 2.4 and Lion are working harmoniously for me as well
Who'sDaMac?

exca1ibur
Mac Elite
Jul 23, 2011, 01:14 PM

Works fine for me, too. You might want to check your rules. You might have denied it by accident.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jul 23, 2011, 02:31 PM

No problems here.

-t

Forum Links
Forum Rules