Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > inexplicable redirect problem

inexplicable redirect problem
wibs
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 5, 2004, 04:10 PM

heya folks. Having a bit of a problem, http://gmail.google.com/gmail is redirecting to http://localhost/gmail. Needless to say, that doesn't load gmail. This problem started immediately after I installed GmailStatus, but I can't contact the developer because he's only available through email and gmail is my only email address.

So what I've done so far is check NetInfo Manager machines and /etc/hosts, but both are exactly as they should be (GmailStatus never asked for an admin password, but I checked anyway). I've also thrown out GmailStatus, just in case it running had something to do with it. I'm really not sure where to look next to fix this, I was under the impression that NetInfo and the hosts file were the only places that could do redirection like this.

Thanks for any help!
DigitalRamen sucks.

lenox
Senior User
Aug 6, 2004, 03:06 PM

I'm not sure, but this might have to do with the 'use as default mail client' feature. Try turning that off, and trying to connect again. Also, instead of typing 'google.gmail.com' into your web browser, tell GmailStatus to open your mailbox in a browser window.

I've heard this problem from others before. Why don't you give gCount a try?

Forum Links
Forum Rules