Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > AlienScape v3.1

AlienScape v3.1
Ruyuk
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 5, 2009, 12:18 PM

Ok, this is my problem. I want to play Runescape on a private server which requires me to run a .bat file. Well, Macs don't use run batch files so I was asking for some help on here. I did mostly what this guy did, http://forums.macnn.com/82/applicati...-files-mac-os/
But I still can't get it to work. I downloaded Boxer and did what the people that answered this guys post said. I would like some different directions because mine is somewhat different. Here is what my run.bat file looks like while open in TextEdit..

Code:
@ECHO OFF title AlienScape color 81 echo AlienScape Client echo Edited by AlienScape EGUIjava -Xmx500m EGUI
Go here to download it and try it yourself ->AlienScape Client V3.1.rar
What should I do?
Also, most importantly, it worked on Parallels Desktop a few days ago, which means yes, I have a Windows XP emulated on my Mac, But after I restarted my computer (Windows only, not Mac and Windows.) it wouldn't work. I clicked run.bat and a box appeared really fast and just disappeared within 2-3 seconds. I did manage to catch a few word such as EGUI and Java between those few seconds.

So, if you don't know how to help me with the first one, then tell me why it won't run on my Parallels anymore.

Thanks!
( Last edited by Ruyuk; Jun 5, 2009 at 12:25 PM. )

Ruyuk  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 5, 2009, 12:23 PM

This is from a different client (Not an older version of AlienScape, mind you.) were the box doesn't disappear automatically.
And I have a feeling that this might be whats happening to my AlienScape client as well.

Ruyuk  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 5, 2009, 04:15 PM

Hmm... Seems like no one is smart enough on these forums...

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Jun 5, 2009, 04:53 PM

Or the devs around here don't care.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Railroader
Banned
Jun 6, 2009, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Ruyuk View Post
Hmm... Seems like no one is smart enough on these forums...
... to follow the signature or cross-posting rules.

Oh, that's just you.

Forum Links
Forum Rules