Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Internet failure after installation of most recent iTunes/QT update

Internet failure after installation of most recent iTunes/QT update
ehmunro
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 4, 2009, 10:00 AM

MacBook Pro, 2.2gHz., 10.5.7

I installed the most recent QT/iT update before leaving the office yesterday, and as a result the internet has died. The hardware is fine, both the airport extreme & ethernet test out fine. However, no access to the internet whether I plug in via ethernet or try wirelessly. Network Diagnostics tells me it's an unknown error and that it can't fix it. Anyone have any suggestions beside putting in the restore disks and starting from scratch?
"I am a woman trapped inside the body of a man, I just get confused because she is a crossdressing, bisexual street hustler named Carlos."

Ruyuk
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 5, 2009, 12:35 PM

Was there a thunderstorm or a electrical burnout? Cause I used to have this PC some time ago and I left it plugged-in because we ddin't know we were going to have a storm when we left for Florida and when we came back, the computer was fine but the internet was no working at all. So, I am trying to say, that if there was an electrical outage anywhere that it might have affected your port.

ehmunro  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 6, 2009, 03:30 AM

No, it turned out to be an irreparable (by me, anyway) permissions mess that the QuickTime installation left behind. I ran a disk verification on the hard drive after (I ran the hardware test before posting here, I already knew the airport card and ethernet port were fine), and all the QT related files, including many dealing with internet connections had their permissions bollixed. I ended up doing a clean re-install.
"I am a woman trapped inside the body of a man, I just get confused because she is a crossdressing, bisexual street hustler named Carlos."

Forum Links
Forum Rules