Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Feedback > Suggestions and Comments

Suggestions and Comments
B/K
Oct 14, 2000, 09:44 AM

Let me start out by saying this all started because of someone publishing their opinion as fact, and other people trying to explain the published facts. We are 2 very completive groups that share many of the same goals. I am sure that there was no Malice in any of the posts that went up, but it would be hard to validate that because they were deleted one by one. We do not want any ill feelings between our 2 teams; you are a great source for the MAC owners on our team, and would like to think that we are a great source for OverClocking.

It is unfortunate that this issue has gotten to this point, but there is an easy fix. I know most of the people involved, and I am sure that they only want what is right. No One likes to be slandered, and slanderous remarks should never come from the level of authority that they did.

I am truly concerned that the mod has no idea what he has done, and how he has publicly accused TN of a serious infraction without even a cursory investigation.

The funny thing is here is the source code of what the mod thought was ubb hacking.

Code:
['img]http://stream.virtualave.net/badmod.gif[/img']
It is a screen shot of one of your forums displayed using UBB img tags.

This does in no way violate the BB user agreement. Not only that but it was not even posted by TN.

We should be building on our common interest and put this behind us.

Thank you
Bob Kitchens

[This message has been edited by B/K (edited 10-14-2000).]

wlonh
Professional Poster
Oct 14, 2000, 11:15 AM

the fact is that some person most certainly did deface the thread with a hack, you can claim what you want... that img code was 'pasted' on top of the thread effectively effacing/defacing it... and OCN setu people have a habit of rude and insulting behavior, non-constructive posts, in our seti forum.

you are being completely disingenuous to suggest otherwise, you are totally mistaken

[This message has been edited by wlonh (edited 10-14-2000).]

CDS
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 14, 2000, 12:09 PM

Like this........(this is an Image posted with UBB.... and not Hacking)

I was the one who posted it last nite, and not TN.

[This message has been edited by CDS (edited 10-14-2000).]
Just a few fries short of a Happy meal

#Rotor
Oct 14, 2000, 12:29 PM

I am "one of them" too, Am I now unwelcome here too?
I for one know that every one is welcome on OCN's BBs, And Criticisms are treated as an opportunity to see ourselves from someone else's point of view, in doing so we try to improve ourselves constantly. we help all that asks for help.

CDS
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 14, 2000, 12:41 PM

wlonh, I believe you directly accused TNproud2b of Hacking.....accusations like that can be very damaging. I personally feel that TN deserves an apology from you!
Just a few fries short of a Happy meal

#Rotor
Oct 14, 2000, 12:50 PM

I feel that way too, and besides we are forced to "re-construct" the facts... why ? well because someone deleted the facts... that's why

S_Klass
Oct 14, 2000, 01:58 PM

One or more members at OCN has/have been accused of hacking the UBB code in order to revive dead/deleted posts. In the midst of this bickering, no one has made a serious attempt to clear his/their name. I, for one, want to make it clear that is not what happened. To illustrate, I attach this:

That's an image of USA TODAY. If you notice, the date (highlighted in red)is current as of my post 10/14/2000. Did I hack into USA Today's server to obtain that image? NO, I simply took a screen shot of it and reposted it here. What one or more OCN members has/have been accused of is the knowledge of how to take screen shots and having the webspace to post them. If that is a crime then god help us all.

I know there must be other moderators in MacNN who have more common sense then to think that a simple screen shot is a vicious hack of UBB coding. If such a moderator is out there, please respond in kind. Thank you for your attention.

-=S_Klass=- I tweak, therefore I am...

warhorse
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 14, 2000, 02:52 PM

and OCN setu people have a habit of rude and insulting behavior, non-constructive posts, in our seti forum.
I just wanted to point out a logical error in the above statement. Your generalized accusational statement that OCN seti people are rude is itself a rude statement. That in turn implies that you are an OCN seti person... are you even arguing for the right side?

~Sorry.. my logic class is getting to my head

TNproud2b
Mac Elite
Oct 14, 2000, 03:12 PM

I really appreciate it guys, but this is pointless.

I never hacked anything in my life or even attempted it.

Another OCN member posted an image using the UBB [img] tag.

How does that constitute 'hacking'? And how did I have anything to do with it? I didn't even make the post in question, so why is my name even being mentioned at all?

This site has some 'issues' it needs to work out. Until they do, I will frequent one of the many other MAC sites that don't have 'issues' they need to work on.

Here's my full name and address along with my telephone number:

Noel Alan Vincent
306 Rosewood Park Ln
Charlotte NC, 28262

phone: 704 516 7449 or 704 503 1740

Contact me if you have any questions.

Also, please remove any reference to my username being involved in 'hacking'. And do it today.

That's all I ask.
*empty space*

wlonh
Professional Poster
Oct 14, 2000, 03:38 PM

it is pointless, and has been stated repeatedly that a post was made that deface a thread in the seti forum which covered up other posts, this is so

it was NOT a simple case of posting the usual UBB code for an image, period.

and now you are all very reconstructionistic and making nice. how odd.

[This message has been edited by wlonh (edited 10-14-2000).]

TNproud2b
Mac Elite
Oct 14, 2000, 03:46 PM

[This message has been edited by TNproud2b (edited 10-14-2000).]
*empty space*

B/K
Oct 14, 2000, 04:10 PM

TNproud2b
Mac Elite
Oct 14, 2000, 04:12 PM

I DID NOT MAKE THE POST YOU KEEP REFERRING TO.

YET YOU POSTED IN SEVERAL THREADS THAT I DID.

NOW YOU'RE CLAIMING "SOMEBODY" MADE THE POST.

PLEASE REMOVE ANY REFERENCE TO MY USERNAME AS IT REFERS TO 'HACKING'.

*empty space*

B/K
Oct 14, 2000, 04:24 PM

TN has a valid concern, and it seems the point of my Posts have been missed.

I think it is time take this issue out of this format.[list=a][*]We tried to set the facts straight[*]We offered good will[*]Every positive post was meet with opposition[*]Some of us have been insulted for no reason[/list=a]

We do not seem to be helping matters, so I suggest that we allow time for this issue to filter to the correct members and allow them time to respond. I am sure that we will receive the answers we are searching for.

Please do not challenge the mods of this BB on these issues, and allow them the time to correct the problem.

Thank you for your support in this matter
Bob Kitchens

NiteOwl
Oct 14, 2000, 07:01 PM

Well said, S_Klass. TN's good name is being unjustifibily slander by wild accusations. This is the most important issue now.

[This message has been edited by NiteOwl (edited 10-14-2000).]

mkbhatia
Administrator
Oct 14, 2000, 09:01 PM

I closed the topic because we are working to resolve this behind the scenes. Additional discussion here is probably not warranted.

Forum Links
Forum Rules