Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Have you ever been fired?

View Poll Results: Have you ever been fired?
Poll Options:
Yes 35 votes (36.08%)
No 48 votes (49.48%)
No, but I have been laid off 14 votes (14.43%)
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll
Have you ever been fired? (Page 2)
Zeeb
Mac Elite
Mar 24, 2007, 11:19 AM

I stopped showing up for work at Chili's and they fired me. The manager was an a** and was constantly harassing me so I just walked out one day. Funny thing is that manager was fired himself and the new manager called me to see if I wanted my job back but I had moved on. That was years ago and I haven't ever been fired from a job since--though I've left a few on my own for better opportunities. There's nothing more liberating than leaving a workplace that is miserable for you. You shouldn't tolerate a miserable workplace or a dead end job for long. You're just wasting time if you do. The reasons people stay at these jobs is usually stupid--they are afraid to change or don't want to lose some perceived security that they think they have. They think their loyalty means something to their employer. I've seen a lot of workplaces play this feeling up and try to make people feel guilty or fearful for looking elsewhere--like you are a traitor or something. I've seen those same employers fire their workers after 20 years when they no longer served their purpose. After all the loyalty/traitor bullshit the employees are usually stunned. suckers.

A few people have commented that the business or organization has the ultimate right at any time to decide whether they need you or not but I rarely hear those people say that it works both ways(because it doesn't serve them). If your employer isn't treating you right--fire them and don't look back.

Forum Links
Forum Rules