Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > C2D MacBook introduced!

C2D MacBook introduced! (Page 3)
residentEvil
Professional Poster
Nov 13, 2006, 09:42 AM

my black one, upgraded to 2GB; has shipped. i ordered on the day it was announced. i should have it wednesday.

derekjv
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 13, 2006, 01:18 PM

I too ordered my 2ghz Black Macbook with 160 gb HD on the 8th...no word yet on shipping tho :-( Upgrading from a PB 12" 867 with 256mb Ram so this should be quite an improvement for me...

cyrana
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 13, 2006, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by derekjv View Post
I too ordered my 2ghz Black Macbook with 160 gb HD on the 8th...no word yet on shipping tho :-( Upgrading from a PB 12" 867 with 256mb Ram so this should be quite an improvement for me...
I ordered the 2GHz white one, 2GB, 160, and then the mini DVI to DVI adapter.

Also not shipped, estimated ship date 13-15 Nov, with estimated delivery date of 15-20 Nov. No idea how they come up with 20 if I have 2 day shipping, though...

residentEvil
Professional Poster
Nov 13, 2006, 07:11 PM

mine is still sitting in alaska. i still have hopes for wednesday though.

PoisonTooth
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 13, 2006, 07:53 PM

I'm in an odd spot.

I have a Blackbook 2 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 160 GB HD coming to me probably tomorrow or Wednesday, and I'm thinking about returning it. See, I already have a rev A MacBook Pro (2.16 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 15" matte LCD), and I don't think I'll be happy with the GMA950. Yes the smaller form factor is nice, but given the hassle of selling my MBP for a non-pro machine with no real GPU...well, I don't know. I think I'm inclined to simply return the MBP and not even bother with it. I don't know if I'll be happy with the MB after having the MBP.

residentEvil
Professional Poster
Nov 13, 2006, 08:02 PM

why did you buy* the new MB then?

*someone else buy it? gave it to you?

Z4cane
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 13, 2006, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by cyrana View Post
I ordered the 2GHz white one, 2GB, 160, and then the mini DVI to DVI adapter.

Also not shipped, estimated ship date 13-15 Nov, with estimated delivery date of 15-20 Nov. No idea how they come up with 20 if I have 2 day shipping, though...
It's because the 18th and 19th fall on the weekend. So, if it ships on the 15th, and it is somewhat delayed, it'll be delivered on Monday the 20th.

cyrana
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 13, 2006, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Z4cane View Post
It's because the 18th and 19th fall on the weekend. So, if it ships on the 15th, and it is somewhat delayed, it'll be delivered on Monday the 20th.
Not two day shipping in that case, though. They're good about refunding shipping charges if they screw up anyway.

Still, can't wait. Notebookless at the moment and it is very annoying...

derekjv
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 14, 2006, 09:09 AM

Update on shipping...they must be upgrading shipping time for some people. I did not request 2 day shipping. However, my macbook (custom configured) was shipped very early this morning and the email states that I will receive it on the 16th!

cyrana
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 14, 2006, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by derekjv View Post
Update on shipping...they must be upgrading shipping time for some people. I did not request 2 day shipping. However, my macbook (custom configured) was shipped very early this morning and the email states that I will receive it on the 16th!
Congrats. My white one with 2-day still hasn't shipped.

residentEvil
Professional Poster
Nov 14, 2006, 09:54 AM

mine is now sitting in our mail room; i should have it in an hour or so.

it went from alaska to detroit/delivery in one day.

residentEvil
Professional Poster
Nov 14, 2006, 10:36 AM

it is now in my hands. and, i don't like it. anyone want it?

just kidding

pyrite
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 15, 2006, 12:29 AM

lame update.. it took them this long to drop a core 2 chip in with no other changes?! same minimal ram, same tiny 60GB in basic model. i was going to buy one but now i'll wait for Santa Rosa
Hear and download my debut EP 'Ice Pictures' for free here

hldan
Mac Elite
Nov 15, 2006, 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by pyrite View Post
lame update.. it took them this long to drop a core 2 chip in with no other changes?! same minimal ram, same tiny 60GB in basic model. i was going to buy one but now i'll wait for Santa Rosa
And if the next revision just has the Santa Rosa updated chip and no new features then what, keep waiting?
iMac 24" 2.8 Ghz Core 2 Extreme
500GB HDD
4GB Ram
Proud new Owner!

fenglong
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 15, 2006, 02:15 AM

i ordered a black mb on the 11th, and still haven't had a word on the shipment...i even paid for expedite service because i need to receive it before this friday since i'll be traveling...i wonder if there's a supply issue or something???? does anyone know of any information about the new c2d macbook production/shipment being delayed or what not? thanks! -FL-

analogika
Posting Junkie
Nov 15, 2006, 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by pyrite View Post
Well, there is the 802.11n draft wireless chip, and the bigger hard drives and double layer Superdrives on the two highr-end ones are welcome.

Not to mention 4MB cache on the 2ghz models for a extra boost for media applications.

I ordered one on Monday.

analogika
Posting Junkie
Nov 15, 2006, 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by fenglong View Post
i ordered a black mb on the 11th, and still haven't had a word on the shipment...i even paid for expedite service because i need to receive it before this friday since i'll be traveling...i wonder if there's a supply issue or something???? does anyone know of any information about the new c2d macbook production/shipment being delayed or what not? thanks! -FL-
they're selling like crazy and quite backlogged, probably?

cyrana
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 15, 2006, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by fenglong View Post
I ordered a white one on the 8th and it hasn't even shipped, so don't feel bad.

Also, apparently it is 2-3 day shipping, even though the order says 2 day shipping.

Z4cane
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 15, 2006, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by analogika View Post
Well, there is the 802.11n draft wireless chip, and the bigger hard drives and double layer Superdrives on the two highr-end ones are welcome.

Not to mention 4MB cache on the 2ghz models for a extra boost for media applications.

I ordered one on Monday.
I have only heard rumors of the Draft N chip. Is there any verification? The one we have on display says 802.11G.

cyrana
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 15, 2006, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Z4cane View Post
I have only heard rumors of the Draft N chip. Is there any verification? The one we have on display says 802.11G.
Think Secret - New MacBook, MacBook Pros get 802.11n treatment

cyrana
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 15, 2006, 08:10 PM

Well, the 15th was my last estimated ship date and it didn't ship as of yet.

Forum Links
Forum Rules