Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Battlefield 4

Battlefield 4 (Page 5)
Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 10, 2013, 03:01 PM

Audio constantly cutting in and out isn't listed as a top issue? Now that's emabrrassing.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 10, 2013, 03:06 PM

You're right, its odd that its not on the list. That's a legacy bug, right there.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 11, 2013, 02:24 PM

Tweaking I'd like to see done:

• killfeed slowed down slightly. I'll hear a guy yell he's been killed immediately look at the killfeed and its already gone
• let you know if you died by headshot
• let you know if the driver or gunner of a vehicle killed you
• stop pretending no one gets kills while dead. The regularity at which I see corpses with 1 health is irritating.
• No one can tell when they are being repaired; make the sound audible again
• same with the abandon ship alarm
• shoulda had all announcements come over the DS4 speaker

---

Things I heard that may not be true:

• Stationary TOWs can lock-on to objects that are SOFLAMed
• The stationary anti-air is automated and will fire at any spotted aircraft in its vicinity

sek929
Posting Junkie
Dec 11, 2013, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
• Loving the SRAW as an anti-personnel weapon. Travels slower than a SMAW but the ability to fine tune its aim during flight has its advantages. Destroyed some guy by shooting at his legs under a trailer the other day.

• sek, my longest headshot is 344 meters(?). Get cracking.
SRAW is a great weapon for all occasions. For maximum damage against vehicles fire one shot straight up and slowly descend your aim as you reload, fire second shot and aim at target. If you're lucky both rockets should hit the target, and the first one will be a more powerful critical strike from the top. I use it to counter-snipe when I'm engineer, to flush out enemies behind cover and to generally pester Helicopters...a good pilot will usually out-maneuver an SRAW, but if nothing else it disrupts their plans greatly.

I just recently started getting into my Recon groove with the M40A5 rifle, even managed a few MVPs whilst doing so. Longest headshot is ~150m, I don't really try to snipe super long distance, and I'm actually getting pretty good at quick-scoping people at medium-close distance. I mainly use Recon to disrupt the natural flow of things, leaving a spawn beacon behind the first enemy flag somewhere to allow my team to constantly berate it. I'm not the kind of Recon that perches on a tall building and goes 6-0 with 600 points. If I do get to a tall perch I just drop a beacon and parachute into danger. Speaking of which, the building near the B flag in Dawnbreaker has an elevator that brings you to the best perch in the whole map.

Op Locker is a fun map, as frantic as Metro without the ultimate choke points. I can't imagine it with anything more than 32 players, though, 64 must be an incomprehensible cluster****.

Oh yeah, knifing someone in the front is impossible, they've made the counter-knife brainless to use therefore eliminating any chance of every winning a front-knife battle. Not to mention with lag sometimes being behind someone and knifing will net you a failed front knife in the end, infuriating.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 12, 2013, 02:16 PM

So, for all my talk about vehicle nerfing I missed that AA has an unlock called "Active Radar" which is missiles that you can fire in the general direction of an aerial vehicle and move on as they'll lock-on once they get close enough. Making them even more awesome is the vehicle won't get a lock-on warning until it decides to lock-on, at which point it will be too late (to flare).

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 12, 2013, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
SRAW is a great weapon for all occasions. For maximum damage against vehicles fire one shot straight up and slowly descend your aim as you reload, fire second shot and aim at target. If you're lucky both rockets should hit the target, and the first one will be a more powerful critical strike from the top.
Yeah, I haven't tried that. Not sure I will. Though I did do the Javelin exploit in BF3.

Op Locker is a fun map, as frantic as Metro without the ultimate choke points. I can't imagine it with anything more than 32 players, though, 64 must be an incomprehensible cluster****.
Honestly I think the choke points are worse, though I'm in the minority.

Oh yeah, knifing someone in the front is impossible, they've made the counter-knife brainless to use therefore eliminating any chance of every winning a front-knife battle. Not to mention with lag sometimes being behind someone and knifing will net you a failed front knife in the end, infuriating.
I think the point is this isn't CoD where just because you hit the melee button while I guy is shooting at you doesn't mean you should get the insta-kill. Lag complicates things, but its pretty satisfying to eff someone over like that.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 12, 2013, 04:19 PM

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 12, 2013, 04:24 PM

This Easter Egg being released as DICE and EA get raked over the coals is not a coincidence.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Dec 12, 2013, 04:43 PM

Honestly I think the choke points are worse, though I'm in the minority.
They're worse. The area surrounding C is pure hell, and it's almost impossible to get through those hallways, above or below, even with a dozen teammates pushing at the same time.

The map also highlights one of the most irritating aspects of the game: the glare from the sunlight and snowy exterior makes it almost impossible to even see who are trying to take the end-around, much less shoot them. Last night I died almost instantly as I looked outside for about two seconds, unable to see anything but blinding white. The killcam revealed that I was staring at five guys running straight at me, but I couldn't even see a shadow.

Maybe I'm just whining, but it's irritating. I know that glare is a real-life obstacle, but not to this extent. What makes it worse is that they can see every move you make from 100 yards away.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 12, 2013, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Jawbone54 View Post
They're worse. The area surrounding C is pure hell, and it's almost impossible to get through those hallways, above or below, even with a dozen teammates pushing at the same time.

The map also highlights one of the most irritating aspects of the game: the glare from the sunlight and snowy exterior makes it almost impossible to even see who are trying to take the end-around, much less shoot them. Last night I died almost instantly as I looked outside for about two seconds, unable to see anything but blinding white. The killcam revealed that I was staring at five guys running straight at me, but I couldn't even see a shadow.

Maybe I'm just whining, but it's irritating. I know that glare is a real-life obstacle, but not to this extent. What makes it worse is that they can see every move you make from 100 yards away.
Well, it works both ways, doesn't it? It's pretty hard to see anything than a dark cave from outside. I high tail it back inside when I spawn out there, but it seems reasonable enough.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Dec 12, 2013, 05:30 PM

I find flanking on Op Locker much, much easier than Metro. I have yet to experience a spawn-pining on either team.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 12, 2013, 05:32 PM

I find flanking on Op Locker much, much easier than Metro. I have yet to experience a spawn-pining on either team.
Must be the player count.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Dec 12, 2013, 05:45 PM

Must be the player count.
Well it's balanced nicely for the old-gens, like I said, I can't imagine that map on anything over 32.

My point about the knifing isn't that I want it to be CoD-like, but that literally anyone can counter knife on their first try, it's so freaking automatic I don't know why they bothered making it a feature in the first place. Maybe adding another step, like after your first counter you need to click melee one last time to overpower your attacker and the timing wasn't easy to pick up on.

Really looking forward to some new maps soon, would give me an added burst of activity. I'm deadly sick of Zavod 311, Flood Zone and Golmund Railway. I, however, never tire of Paracel Storm, Transmission and Lacang Dam.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 13, 2013, 12:13 PM

My point about the knifing isn't that I want it to be CoD-like, but that literally anyone can counter knife on their first try, it's so freaking automatic I don't know why they bothered making it a feature in the first place. Maybe adding another step, like after your first counter you need to click melee one last time to overpower your attacker and the timing wasn't easy to pick up on.
I'm still kinda okay with this. You shouldn't be able to just walk-up and melee a dude to his face unless he's a complete idiot.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 13, 2013, 01:36 PM

I just realized, I used to run with LVG and Defibs in BF3, but with the new revive system and higher player counts, I run M320 and Health instead.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 13, 2013, 02:58 PM

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 13, 2013, 05:33 PM

LOL! WTF? Where do you find these gifs?

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 13, 2013, 05:34 PM

reddit or neogaf

sek929
Posting Junkie
Dec 15, 2013, 12:50 PM

Ever since the update for 360 BF4 crashes at least once per session on me, usually during a match where I am kicking ass and have a good team behind me.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 17, 2013, 10:57 AM

fatty, logged on and was playign with jawbone yesterday and the first thing he asked was when you would be joining us /jus' sayin'

So I picked up the AK5C this weekend. As good as advertised, good all around, though not to special to me. I reverted to the ACR on some map after not using for a while and that thing is still godly; mtar is still the king of death up close.

Finally unlocked the last sniper. Remember the Intervention from MW2. Its basically the BF version of that.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Dec 17, 2013, 12:21 PM

Had my best match so far on Golmud Railway with a friend who miraculously found a PS4 in a random Walmart in Kilgore, Texas. We both spent the entire match in tanks, although some jerk teammate stole mine during the last few minutes while I was repairing it.

We destroyed enemy vehicles by circling from opposite sides, whether it be around a hill or between buildings. We'd clear out an area, band together, repair, and repeat the process. We didn't rack up massive kill tallies, but it's the most effective match I've had (relatively speaking).

The only death happened within the last ten seconds as I hopped out to take a shot at a guy who got close enough to plant some C4.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Dec 17, 2013, 12:24 PM

fatty, logged on and was playign with jawbone yesterday and the first thing he asked was when you would be joining us /jus' sayin'
I also recall agreeing to not pressure him. Way to keep that up for roughly...20 hours.

But yeah, Fatty...c'mon.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 17, 2013, 12:27 PM

Golmud must be the new Caspian. Everyone has pretty few kills on that. (o-10 best on the other team? Scrub city)

Speaking of C4, the oldest tricks are still the best ones. Running as I think Recon last night, had a game of Rush where just after we took the second set on Zavod Rush, this tank was tooling around on the hills outside and came near me. I had nothing to do other than retreat, so I just threw up my hands and charged the tank and humped it side and sure enough the "Press Square to Enter" prompt came up and I drove away with a tank at +85% health and left the guy to the mercies of my team mates who were swarming the area.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 17, 2013, 12:28 PM

I also recall agreeing to not pressure him. Way to keep that up for roughly...20 hours.

But yeah, Fatty...c'mon.
This isn't pressure. This is professing our love for the sweet, sweet Blobicus.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Dec 17, 2013, 12:37 PM

Speaking of C4, the oldest tricks are still the best ones. Running as I think Recon last night, had a game of Rush where just after we took the second set on Zavod Rush, this tank was tooling around on the hills outside and came near me. I had nothing to do other than retreat, so I just threw up my hands and charged the tank and humped it side and sure enough the "Press Square to Enter" prompt came up and I drove away with a tank at +85% health and left the guy to the mercies of my team mates who were swarming the area.
That's awesome. Would have loved to see/hear his reaction.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 17, 2013, 01:42 PM

I forgot to mention, I had the strangest kill. The SRAW has some weird quirks, sometimes flying in circles, getting ****ed by an object crossing your path, etc. So the other day i was on the roof of a building on Siege, firing SRAWs onto the tanks below when I got knifed in the middle of guiding one. I got instant payback when my SRAW returned to its point of origin and blew up the guy who knifed me. Hilarious.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 17, 2013, 03:01 PM

4.5 G update on PC tonight.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 17, 2013, 03:14 PM

China Rising?

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 17, 2013, 03:36 PM

Dec 17 PS4 Game Update Notes
-Reduced the probability of the “Kill trade” issue (see below for details).
-Fixed a common crash that could occur during round transition.
-Fixed a crash that could happen for players that had lots of friends.
-Fixed a problem where the “end of round” screen was adding up scores several times in the rank bar, resulting in the rank bar showing a higher value or rank than players really had.
-Fix for the game mode specific ribbons being counted twice in the multiplayer progression.
Fix for a graphical glitch that could appear on terrain.
-Fixed an engine audio dropout that could happen when driving IFV’s.
-Fix for a camera glitch that could occur when players were switching weapons while moving in crouched stance.
-Fixed an animation bug for passengers on the China Rising dirt bike to make sure that the character is pointing in the direction where the player is actually aiming.
-Fix for an issue where 4x the damage from a vehicle's minigun would be applied to the chest when a player had the Defense specialization equipped.
-Tweaked the War Tape audio setting to remove distortion.
-Fix for the SUAV (introduced in the China Rising expansion pack) not exploding when hitting enemy soldiers. While these indeed should be deadly, they were never designed for “roadkilling” opponents.
-Servers with users playing on them are now by default placed on the top in the Server Browser.
-Servers that friends are playing on have a higher priority in the server list.
-Server Browser is no longer showing empty or full servers by default.
-Servers that are completely empty will be shown only when the “Empty” option is checked in the Server Browser filter.
-Server Browser filter will count a server as full if all “Soldier” slots are occupied, unless the “Free Commander” slot is checked.
-Balancing jet handling across all stealth and attack jet classes.
-Fixed a bug in Defuse mode where defenders could win a round by killing all the attackers without disarming the bomb. If the attackers arm the bomb, the defenders need to disarm it to win, even if they have killed all the attackers.
-Fix for players getting stuck in the revive screen.
-Fix for players getting stuck in the kill camera after being revived. Note that you might see a graphical bug on-screen after being revived when accepting a revive within 1 second. This graphical bug will be removed in the next patch.
-Fix for a Defuse bug where none of the teams would win a round by letting the timer run out.
-Fixed the instance where players suddenly would transition into Spectator Mode while playing the Defuse game mode.
-Fix for the death camera/screen being displayed too early.
-Raised the first-person camera slightly for walking in crouch to more accurately reflect the actual position of the character.
-Lowered IED explosion sound to not bottom out the HDR.
-General stability improvements.

Kill trading issue
We’ve addressed the so-called “Kill trading”. This refers to when two players fire at each other and, seemingly, both die at the same time. The time window where a bullet could cause damage from an already dead player is now calculated as intended, decreasing the time frame when players with high latency could get a kill, even though they should be dead according to the server. This should reduce the probability of kill trading.
I'll be curious to see if my k/d drops with the kill trading reduced.

Also, fingers crossed reg Conquest servers exist now

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 17, 2013, 04:05 PM

Dec 17 PS4 Game Update Notes
-Reduced the probability of the “Kill trade” issue (see below for details).
-Fixed a common crash that could occur during round transition.
-Fixed a crash that could happen for players that had lots of friends.
-Fixed a problem where the “end of round” screen was adding up scores several times in the rank bar, resulting in the rank bar showing a higher value or rank than players really had.
-Fix for the game mode specific ribbons being counted twice in the multiplayer progression.
Fix for a graphical glitch that could appear on terrain.
-Fixed an engine audio dropout that could happen when driving IFV’s.
-Fix for a camera glitch that could occur when players were switching weapons while moving in crouched stance.
-Fixed an animation bug for passengers on the China Rising dirt bike to make sure that the character is pointing in the direction where the player is actually aiming.
-Fix for an issue where 4x the damage from a vehicle's minigun would be applied to the chest when a player had the Defense specialization equipped.
-Tweaked the War Tape audio setting to remove distortion.
-Fix for the SUAV (introduced in the China Rising expansion pack) not exploding when hitting enemy soldiers. While these indeed should be deadly, they were never designed for “roadkilling” opponents.
-Servers with users playing on them are now by default placed on the top in the Server Browser.
-Servers that friends are playing on have a higher priority in the server list.
-Server Browser is no longer showing empty or full servers by default.
-Servers that are completely empty will be shown only when the “Empty” option is checked in the Server Browser filter.
-Server Browser filter will count a server as full if all “Soldier” slots are occupied, unless the “Free Commander” slot is checked.
-Balancing jet handling across all stealth and attack jet classes.
-Fixed a bug in Defuse mode where defenders could win a round by killing all the attackers without disarming the bomb. If the attackers arm the bomb, the defenders need to disarm it to win, even if they have killed all the attackers.
-Fix for players getting stuck in the revive screen.
-Fix for players getting stuck in the kill camera after being revived. Note that you might see a graphical bug on-screen after being revived when accepting a revive within 1 second. This graphical bug will be removed in the next patch.

-Fix for a Defuse bug where none of the teams would win a round by letting the timer run out.
-Fixed the instance where players suddenly would transition into Spectator Mode while playing the Defuse game mode.
-Fix for the death camera/screen being displayed too early.
-Raised the first-person camera slightly for walking in crouch to more accurately reflect the actual position of the character.
-Lowered IED explosion sound to not bottom out the HDR.
-General stability improvements.
About time. This has happened to me TWICE.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 18, 2013, 12:43 PM

China Rising?
Pretty sure that I'd already downloaded it.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Dec 18, 2013, 04:26 PM

But yeah, Fatty...c'mon.
This isn't pressure. This is professing our love for the sweet, sweet Blobicus.
Aw shucks, you're going to make me get all blushy.

Tell you what, if you each donate 100 bucks to the "get Fatty a PS4" charity I'll be on in no time.

But yeah, I'm in no financial shape to go dropping nearly 500 dollars on a PS4, BF4, and other assorted goodies (psn+?). Sometime in the near future I will join you guys, but for now I'll get my kicks in China Rising and Minecraft.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 18, 2013, 04:31 PM

Aw shucks, you're going to make me get all blushy.

Tell you what, if you each donate 100 bucks to the "get Fatty a PS4" charity I'll be on in no time.

But yeah, I'm in no financial shape to go dropping nearly 500 dollars on a PS4, BF4, and other assorted goodies (psn+?).
Yeah, PSN+ is required now. Time to start selling your body on the streets.

Sometime in the near future I will join you guys, but for now I'll get my kicks in China Rising and Minecraft.
Which reminds me, I heard Day Z finally had its official release.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Dec 18, 2013, 06:50 PM

Yep, but I'm not even going near it unless I get a better computer to run it on. Plus it's, as expected, buggy as hell.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 18, 2013, 08:08 PM

Yep, but I'm not even going near it unless I get a better computer to run it on. Plus it's, as expected, buggy as hell.
I thought that was the point of it not being released for like the past 6 months or so? What were they doing?

sek929
Posting Junkie
Dec 18, 2013, 10:08 PM

Well the old game was a mod for ARMA 2, for the standalone they basically re-did the game from the ground up using a modified engine for better graphics and whatnot. Technically it's still in Alpha.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 19, 2013, 02:24 PM

Well the old game was a mod for ARMA 2, for the standalone they basically re-did the game from the ground up using a modified engine for better graphics and whatnot. Technically it's still in Alpha.
Good lord. The timeframe for conception/mod to polished final product sounds incredibly long. Oof.

---

I have to admit, I'm a bit sick of Conquest. Partly because I'm playing solo and partly because of the immense maps (**** Rogue Transmission & Gulmud), but mostly because the high player counts makes vehicle use difficult (engineers everywhere) and you're subject to a lot of sniper spam or random deaths because there's always an enemy around the corner (The mode benefits from a Commander a lot). It's epic, but can get old quick. I desperately want to give it a try at 32 players because I think it'll be easier to run vehicles, there will be less of them, less engineers being everywhere, less people running anti-air, and if a squad of snipers want to sit somewhere it will **** the team much harder (well maybe. I suspect some maps may have less capture points).

Also, I think I've come to the conclusion that the China Rising maps suck (Conquest and Rush). I think Guilin is the only good one.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 19, 2013, 02:45 PM

Anyone given the XM25 a try? Its a little rough to use. It's not MW3 where it was a flat shot that detonated on impact. I think it has to arm properly now and designating a distance isn't easy. I had to watch a youtube video on it to get a better handle on things. I did end up using it better on my first try on Op Locker when I fired into the top of the stairs overlooking the center and got a kill on a guy who was mostly hidden. Will be interested to see if its replicable.

I figured out my problem with the LMGs. As a rule they have a longer ADS time, and apparently if you hip fire and then ADS the gun retains hipfire accuracy (if that's a feature, that's a baaaad feature). Oddly this hasn't really effected me with the Type 88 or M249, but the LSAT and U-M100. I suspect its because I tried to run and gun more with the latter.

Tried the impact grenade. Seemed garbage. They need to rebalance the V40s vs the M67. M67 needs to throw a little better (not further, just better. I need to look at the sky to get it anywhere) and have its splash damage improved – apparently the V40 outclasses it outside the impact radius, which makes no sense given that you get two.

Getting a kill with a helicopter feels like an achievement rather than standard gameplay. I have gotten pretty good with the little bird, however. VS. Infantry, that is. Still dreadful against other LBs.

I don't think I've ranked the maps yet...

Best CQ: Zavod, Dawnbreaker, Hainan Resort
Worst CQ: Rogue Transmission Golmud Railway

Best Rush: Zavod, Golmud
Worst Rush: Hainan (First set), Flood Zone (First set)

Best Obliteration: Paracel,
Worst Obliteration: Golmud, Flood Zone

Best TDM: Dawnbreaker, Golmud, Rogue, Locker
Worst TDM: Paracel, Zavod

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 22, 2013, 02:54 AM

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 22, 2013, 06:59 AM

FFS.

If only I was half as good. Bastard.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 22, 2013, 09:15 AM

Dakar, you playing loads of Rush for any particular reason?

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 23, 2013, 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by mattyb View Post
FFS.

If only I was half as good. Bastard.
Well, you can ignore skill and SPM, but otherwise, yeah. Truth is the k/d number is on its way up – between unlocking guns and then attachments its artificially low. Also, Rush. Which brings us to...

Originally Posted by mattyb View Post
Dakar, you playing loads of Rush for any particular reason?
Clan predisposition. Though I'm finding there's a sizable chunk that like Conquest, too. We just had our first big run tonight, fluctuating between 4-9 peeps. I apologize for bragging, but it was a quality run both individually and teamwise:
  • 23-9 10,856
    MVP
  • 32-4 13,631
    2nd in lobby, clan
  • 32-10 12,801
    (Zavod) 2nd in lobby, clan
  • 21-7 8,731
    2nd in lobby
  • 27-10 8,722
    MVP
  • 36-12 12,687
    (Dawnbreaker) 2nd in lobby, clan, loss
  • 21-6 9,263
    MVP, loss
  • 21-6 11,232
    MVP
  • 15-9 8,512
    2nd in lobby, clan
  • 19-3 8,089
    (Op Locker) 2nd in lobby, clan
  • 27-6 12,753
    MVP
  • 15-7 9,824
    MVP
  • 25-14 10,329
    MVP

13 games, 11 wins, 7 MVPs. One of the losses we had a clanmate on the other team as commander. Otherwise, I moved my k/d up .03 during the run. Felt effing great.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 23, 2013, 09:34 AM

I apologize for bragging
Liar. Show off.

CHEATER !!!

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 23, 2013, 10:25 AM

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 23, 2013, 12:41 PM

I forgot, I got market as a HVT by the opposing commander in a game yesterday. Aside from being a badge of honor, it nets you a sweet 50+ points per kill, which I got three or four of. Which brings me to another thing I neglected to mention: I very much like the revamped scoring in BF4. Assist counts as kill, Squad Spot is 50 (up from 20!), points for capturing in progress, arming and disarming in progress, doing vehicle damage, etc.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 23, 2013, 12:44 PM

Also, I don't think any piece of equipment will change Metro more than the XM25. Used (usually improperly) all the time on Locker. It'll be fun to use that, flashbangs, and incediary on there. They need to improve the MP-APS, though, it not working against hand thrown grenades makes it almost pointless to deploy. What situation as infantry is it worthwhile to set-up in anticipation? And in comparison to offensive options?

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 23, 2013, 03:50 PM

What the best anti-tank rocket?

How do you know what level you have for a field upgrade?

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 24, 2013, 05:25 PM

Hopped on TDM last night with the intention to start learning about the map pick-ups. Coincided with being on a team with two other pretty good players and we rolled off a 10+ winning streak (ending on a 1 point loss where one of us went heavy negative). Some results:

The M82 is the CoD .50 cal with less recoil. That's right, there's a 1-hit kill, semi-auto sniper on every map, and it has less recoil than most DMRs. It's kinda disgusting.

The M32 is a little more balanced as its projectile drop exceeds the M320 heavily, which makes up for its great splash range. Honestly, it's splash range is only a little better than what most explosive rounds should be doing, but it is refreshing. Takes forever to reload too, but its a cool animation.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 25, 2013, 04:28 PM

After ~65 hours played (doesn't feel that its been that much but anyway) :

I enjoy HC TDM the most. I change between sniper only and anything goes. I rarely get more than 5000 points per game. Useless with shotties, I like LMGs the most.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 26, 2013, 02:49 PM

Grinded out some LMG kills, lucked into the IRNV unlock in a battlepack and I was finally able to put into action one of my Op Locker strategies – seeing through the smoke from the endless grenade spam to pick off people at the chokepoints. I didn't do crazy good, but it held serious promise.

Forum Links
Forum Rules