Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Delicious Monster > Any way to do custom alpha channels on images?

Any way to do custom alpha channels on images?
Despotes
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 12, 2008, 11:36 AM

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a way (or an image format, more specifically) that will allow you to define your own alpha channels for DL2? I'm using it primarily for toys, and while the native transparency functions work pretty well with cutting white backgrounds out of JPGs, it's not perfect, as it doesn't cut out interior white space, and it does occasionally try to strip the white parts out of some items.

I've tried using both GIFs and PNGs with transparency, in a number of different formats, but both give me a big black square with my image in the middle of it (the areas that should be transparent end up black).

Has anyone found a way to do this?

Thanks!

Forum Links
Forum Rules