Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Exteme speculation...

Exteme speculation...
servo
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 10, 2004, 01:38 PM

Okay, so swiz just posted the screenshot below the other day. We keep hearing we are waiting for Shapeshifter to support metal textures. Am I wrong or does this theme use said texture? Could this mean select themers have a beta of the next version of Shapeshifter? Could this mean release is imminent? Is it out now?!

codywalton
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 10, 2004, 01:48 PM

I'm sure several of the top themer's get betas of SS before we do. How do you think they release themes that support the new features so soon after a SS update?

That said, this theme probably won't be out for a while. Look for it about the same time as the next SS update.

revmitcz
Mar 10, 2004, 01:52 PM

I'm sure they do get beta of SS before teh general public. It would only make sense, really. But, I'm not seeing anything in that screenshot that the current SS couldn't handle.

Also - column-view still doesn't have colored backgrounds. So, I REALLY hope this isn't a screenshot from the new SS 1.5

phillryu
Mac Elite
Mar 10, 2004, 02:28 PM

There is definitely a ShapeShifter beta testing program, and Swiz would definitely be a part of it

MacThemes.net Editor in Chief

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Mar 10, 2004, 03:13 PM

Originally posted by phillryu:
There is definitely a ShapeShifter beta testing program, and Swiz would definitely be a part of it
indeed
click one

solidfox
Mar 10, 2004, 04:48 PM

Originally posted by phillryu:
Yeah...but why am I not in it?!

Well anyways I don't see any SS specific features in that theme so it could be it's simply installed with...the old...technique...just to get the pattern.

orangep0ny
Forum Regular
Mar 10, 2004, 05:00 PM

you gotta pay 800 bucks to get in.. send the checks to me.

swiz
GUI Punk
Mar 10, 2004, 05:25 PM

Let me clarify.
The theme does use the metal gradient AND the texture, which the current SS cannot do. So yes this screenshot is doing something the currently available SS doesnt do.

But I achieved the screenshot by manually swapping out the Finder.rsrc and Extras.rsrc, this is why the titlebar text in the screenshot is black not white as it is in the actual theme.

I am not at liberty to divulge any info regarding SS and its future.

24" AlumiMac 2.4ghz C2D, 4g Ram, 300g HD, 750g USBHD • 80g iPod • 160g ATV • iPhone 3g

Dave-o�
Senior User
Mar 10, 2004, 05:33 PM

Originally posted by swiz:
Let me clarify.
The theme does use the metal gradient AND the texture, which the current SS cannot do. So yes this screenshot is doing something the currently available SS doesnt do.

But I achieved the screenshot by manually swapping out the Finder.rsrc and Extras.rsrc, this is why the titlebar text in the screenshot is black not white as it is in the actual theme.

I am not at liberty to divulge any info regarding SS and its future.
Thank you, Please drive through...

quandarry
Mar 10, 2004, 07:50 PM

smeger already mentioned somewhere that textures were on the books.

i was actually an early shapeshifter alpha tester (months before it was released and under a different working title) but for some reason i was fired.

i kid you not, smeger never even gave me a reason.

Holigen
Mac Elite
Mar 11, 2004, 03:09 AM

You know this thread title sounds like that show on NBC or ABC that my mom likes to watch ... Extreme Makeover. I think that you should change the title to Extreme Makeover MacNNStyle. Thatd be cool...

Dontchall just love my obscure TV references?

.: 15" PowerBook G4 - 1.5 GHz - 512 MB RAM - ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 128 MB VRAM - 80 GB HD @ 5400 rpm :.

mac15
Senior User
Mar 11, 2004, 04:22 AM

I think its obvious themes and a select few have betas. You don't want buggy software do you?

Forum Links
Forum Rules