Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Mouse Tracking Speed

Mouse Tracking Speed
jaimzedup
Forum Regular
Jan 11, 2005, 01:07 AM

I'm using a MS Optical mouse on my ibook G4. I've been trying to increase the its tracking speed, I go to the system prefs to make it faster but it never works. I put the tracking speed to the fastest possible speed but when I close the system prefs window, the tracking speed returns to a very slow speed. When I go back to the tracking speed adjustment, its still at the fastest speed, and the mouse responds at a fast speed but when I close the system prefs window, it again goes to a slow speed. I've tried adjusting the tracking speed though the system mouse prefs and through the MS intellipoint settings and the same things happens. Can anyone help me fix it?

jaimzedup  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 11, 2005, 05:01 PM

Anyone have a fix for this? I'd hate to buy a new mouse for this minor glitch. Also, could someone refresh me on where the smooth-scrolling option is located? Thanks.

jaimzedup  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 13, 2005, 06:06 PM

I've decided to try to uninstall the Intellipoint Drivers to see if that fixes things. I've deleted the application but I don't think that worked (it's still in the system prefs). How do I completely uninstall this?

bil207
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 13, 2005, 06:24 PM

You can try using USB Overdrive.

jaimzedup  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 13, 2005, 07:16 PM

Originally posted by bil207:
You can try using USB Overdrive.
I was planning on trying that...as soon as I can completely get rid of this intellipoint...

SSharon
Professional Poster
Jan 13, 2005, 10:50 PM

I believe that if you hold command down you can click and drag prefs out of system preferences and that is all you need to do to remove them. If I'm wrong someone correct me please.

Forum Links
Forum Rules