Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > 17" Studio Display (July 2000)

17" Studio Display (July 2000)
pcd2k
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 7, 2007, 08:56 AM

Recently I acquired an Apple 17" Studio Display (July 2000) Its built into a clear acryl-plastic case has an ADC, plug ( Apple Display Connector) which carried data, USB and power in one cable.
Hey, Its a groovy looking object
The monitor plugged right into my G4 Quicksilver but alas worked for a couple of hours before the screen geometry slowly dissaipated in an inverted pillow collapse fashion right down to a dot in the centre of the screen.
Having browsed the knowledge base at Apple it would appear that the power supply in the monitor gave up. Probably ?
My Mac friends are attempting to get a new power supply but hey its probably better to strip out the thing and get carried away with the curvacious shape ?
Besides the new power supply is probably going to be costly going on my experience with buying outdated parts from the mothership !
But if I gut it ? Are there any things I should first consider ?

I bet there are some cool things out there that others have diy-ed ?

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 7, 2007, 03:03 PM

I've got that monitor, still working great! Base has a crack in the acrylic but it's solid and the picture is great still. Sorry I can't help otherwise.

( Last edited by IceEnclosure; Mar 7, 2007 at 03:33 PM. )
ice

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Mar 7, 2007, 06:38 PM

That's a pretty display I want one.

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 7, 2007, 11:27 PM

I'll be selling mine in short time, within two months. IM me about it if you're interested at all
ice

Forum Links
Forum Rules