Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > AIM logged in multiple locations? GONE?

AIM logged in multiple locations? GONE?
SOLIDAge
Mac Elite
Mar 22, 2005, 04:05 AM

So apparently AIM is back to how it used to be?
I signed onto my screen name upstairs on my main machine then went to my laptop and signed on...it kicked me off my main computer....just tried it again...and it did the same like it used to (hence why i used to use 2 names one for work one for when i'm home)

this happen for anyone else?

back like a year ago, this was standard...but they changed it where you could be on as many places as you wanted and it'd just send the IM to the name that wasn't Idle or away

CMYKid
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 22, 2005, 04:27 AM

ummmm, no, works fine for me, has since 'Nam as far as I can remember. When I sign on the second location it sends an IM that tells from how many locations I'm on, gives the option to reply with the number 1 to log off all other locations or you can just close it and you stay on at all locations.

I'm usually signed on from laptop, cell phone and iPAQ all at the same time.

Forum Links
Forum Rules