Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Duality + New XTender build = Application Theming Power!

Duality + New XTender build = Application Theming Power!
goMac
Posting Junkie
Jun 16, 2004, 09:12 PM

XTender can now theme ANYTHING we want it to. We've been doing some nice testing on iChat.

Expect a massive Duality update soon.
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

phillryu
Mac Elite
Jun 16, 2004, 09:31 PM

Will this support converted guiKits' application skins?

MacThemes.net Editor in Chief

Zee_on
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 16, 2004, 09:33 PM

I am confused about what that screenshot is showing, isn't it just a screenshot of one of the ichat buttons being replaced with one of milks, which I can do by opening the package contents? how is that a good example of it doing anything, when I can do it myself by hand?

I am really exited to see a gos example of what this can do, like moving the google bar to the other side of safari? or rearranging the menu-bar widgets to the other side or even more cool, like they were in os 9

phillryu
Mac Elite
Jun 16, 2004, 09:38 PM

Zeeon, this is not really revolutionary (you were able to do it before by opening package contents, replacing, etc.) but it IS great in that with a single click, your theme can now potentially skin dozens of applications at once. Which, FYI, was a feature added to ShapeShifter 1.2, and one that a lot of themers now take advantage of. Duality supporting this would make using it quite a bit more plausible for me.

MacThemes.net Editor in Chief

Zee_on
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 16, 2004, 09:41 PM

so what you are saying is that it is just a port of what shapeshifter does now? haha

ambush
Banned
Jun 16, 2004, 09:42 PM

Originally posted by Zee_on:
so what you are saying is that it is just a port of what shapeshifter does now? haha
don't laugh..

mac15
Senior User
Jun 16, 2004, 09:44 PM

Its nice to see them catching up, if they push theming a bit this means SS will do the same. I'd like to see a feature for feature battle. gomac how is your theme builder coming along?

fireside
Professional Poster
Jun 16, 2004, 09:53 PM

I am confused about what that screenshot is showing, isn't it just a screenshot of one of the ichat buttons being replaced with one of milks, which I can do by opening the package contents? how is that a good example of it doing anything, when I can do it myself by hand?
its the same thing ShapeShifther does moron.

Zimphire
Baninated
Jun 16, 2004, 09:57 PM

Competition is good.

You guys should be cheering. Not jeering.

Zee_on
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 16, 2004, 09:57 PM

Originally posted by ambush:
don't laugh..
ok ok, but the title sounded sooooooo revolutionary, when really they are just keeping up with standards, I was really exited about their original post like the beginning of the year bought moding ANY part of the system, but we still haven't seen any part of it materialized, so, lets see something new, like screenshots of something all funked out...

fireside
Professional Poster
Jun 16, 2004, 09:58 PM

ok ok, but the title sounded sooooooo revolutionary, when really they are just keeping up with standards, I was really exited about their original post like the beginning of the year bought moding ANY part of the system, but we still haven't seen any part of it materialized, so, lets see something new, like screenshots of something all funked out...
Rome wasn't built in a day.

Zee_on
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 16, 2004, 10:02 PM

Originally posted by fireside:
its the same thing ShapeShifther does moron.
fireside, hey man, play nice, I understand thats what he was showing now, but simply because of the title of the topic, I figured it was something new and revolutionary, so please, don't start turning this into a flameing post right away, let ALL keep our cool

fireside
Professional Poster
Jun 16, 2004, 10:07 PM

fireside, hey man, play nice, I understand thats what he was showing now, but simply because of the title of the topic, I figured it was something new and revolutionary, so please, don't start turning this into a flameing post right away, let ALL keep our cool
its new and revolutionary to XTender, which is what the thread is about. now that XTender is on the same (or fairly close) to ShapeShifter's level, the real fun begins.

OwlBoy
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 16, 2004, 10:23 PM

I agree with Zimphire. As long as this don't lead to a "VHS vs Beta" type of situation, it is great to see 2 options!

-Owl

olorin15
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 16, 2004, 10:39 PM

Originally posted by fireside:
Rome wasn't built in a day.
This ain't Rome, and it has been much more than a day since the building of it started ... and you gotta do something about that attitude. Are you related to Colin by any chance? Cuz you sure defend Duality with a passion ...

Now, competition is good, but thread titles like this are not. Neither are promises like "expect a massive update to duality" coming from Colin. We've been over this time and time again. Just do it! (no this is not a Nike commercial, just common sense ...)
Dopeler effect: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they
come at you rapidly

Zimphire
Baninated
Jun 16, 2004, 10:45 PM

Originally posted by olorin15:
Now, competition is good, but thread titles like this are not.
Eh? What was wrong with the title?

Fellow2000
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 16, 2004, 10:47 PM

Originally posted by Zimphire:
Competition is good.

True, but this isn't even competition. It doesn't even exist. Its just one person who keeps posting screenshots and making promises on some future theming app that doesn't even exist.

@ goMac > I am really confused, why do you keep posting here? Why not save the time and keep working until its done, and then post? Am I missing something?

deej5871
Senior User
Jun 16, 2004, 10:51 PM

Now, competition is good, but thread titles like this are not. Neither are promises like "expect a massive update to duality" coming from Colin. We've been over this time and time again. Just do it! (no this is not a Nike commercial, just common sense ...)
All Colin is trying to do is show to you nay-sayers that XTender is progressing and that it will be a real competitor with ShapeShifter.

Why can't he title the thread like that? It's the truth...

Why shouldn't we expect a massive update to Duality? Lately Carpe has been releasing functional public betas so why not expect another soon that will include app skins as a feature.

Maybe you don't care about how XTender is progressing, but some people, like myself, think it is interesting to know that XTender now has app skins. Maybe soon there will be a thread saying that XTender will include a revolutionary feature that ShapeShifter doesn't have yet. I would be very interested then. Besides, if he didn't give updates showing that XTender is progressing, I can imaging seeing in other threads that XTender has turned into vaporware, which it obviously isn't.

Zee_on
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 16, 2004, 10:54 PM

Eh? What was wrong with the title?
it makes you think that this is some new and exiting feature new to themeing, that will revolutionize the way we theme

BTW, olorin15 thanks for sticking up for me, I agree with you 100%...

fireside
Professional Poster
Jun 16, 2004, 11:34 PM

Originally posted by Fellow2000:
True, but this isn't even competition. It doesn't even exist. Its just one person who keeps posting screenshots and making promises on some future theming app that doesn't even exist.

@ goMac > I am really confused, why do you keep posting here? Why not save the time and keep working until its done, and then post? Am I missing something?
it doesnt exist? IT DOESNT EXIST?

you want to know why i defend Duality with such a passion? because i hate idiots like this guy.

fireside
Professional Poster
Jun 16, 2004, 11:36 PM

it makes you think that this is some new and exiting feature new to themeing, that will revolutionize the way we theme
no it doesn't. the title makes you think of Duality theming applications.

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Jun 16, 2004, 11:46 PM

Competition is good.

Even though SS is making great progress to spite competition or not? I have full confidence in Jason's improvements and continued development of ShapeShifter and ThemePark even if he didn't have competition before, so I doubt it will really benefit us that much to have two apps that do basically the same things... But if Xtender can pass Shape Shifter in ways we could only dream of since OS 10.x, then I'm all for it, but I'm not going to jump on board the Xtender boat until it shows a true advantage over SS.
click one

kwyjiboy
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 17, 2004, 12:12 AM

I am really exited to see a gos example of what this can do, like moving the google bar to the other side of safari? or rearranging the menu-bar widgets to the other side or even more cool, like they were in os 9
Now you're just naysaying for the hell of it. Don't be a jerk. They were showing off application skins.
Septuple post! Quadruple word score!

kwyjiboy
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 17, 2004, 12:15 AM

Competition is good.

Sad and childish behaviour.

kwyjiboy
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 17, 2004, 12:17 AM

You don't seem to know what the term "port" means. Port is when you take an app from one platform and bring it to another. Porting is not when you make a competing application. But you're only trolling, so I shouldn't bother replying to you. Kthxbye.

Zimphire
Baninated
Jun 17, 2004, 01:03 AM

I guess I didn't get the same impression.

goMac  (op)
Posting Junkie
Jun 17, 2004, 01:09 AM

Heh... wow... didn't mean to cause a huge issue... I thought maybe I'd get one or two replies, but 24?

The topic states Duality + XTender build = Application Theming Power. It says nothing about revolutionary, it simply says that Duality has application theming power...

Edit: I said something about SS not being able to theme any app here, but I was wrong. Apologies!

This also implements the proper code for icons, as icons are under the "It's not the Extras.rsrc" category.

And yes, Duality will support guiKit application themes.

Catalyst's code (our theme creator) is honestly kind of rotting right now. We're hoping to finish Duality before WWDC because at that point our lead programmer will be at WWDC. I'm personally thinking thats when we'll put Duality at final candidate and use that time to finish Catalyst. Duality and Catalyst share our theme framework, so they share the same code, making it super easy to implement features. The major issue I'm having with Catalyst is getting the Copy menu item in the Edit menu enabled when you select a pxm, so its nothing theme related, its all interface coding.
( Last edited by goMac; Jun 17, 2004 at 01:28 AM. )
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

olorin15
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 17, 2004, 01:26 AM

Originally posted by goMac:
Heh... wow... didn't mean to cause a huge issue... I thought maybe I'd get one or two replies, but 24?
Yeah sure ... you had absolutely no idea ... even though this has been hotly debated over and over and over. Your posts just about always turn into a flame war on this forum, and yet you were expecting 1-2 replies to a thread that has 7 words (6 of them capitalized) and an exclamation mark in the title?! are you for real?
come at you rapidly

goMac  (op)
Posting Junkie
Jun 17, 2004, 01:34 AM

Yeah sure ... you had absolutely no idea ... even though this has been hotly debated over and over and over. Your posts just about always turn into a flame war on this forum, and yet you were expecting 1-2 replies to a thread that has 7 words (6 of them capitalized) and an exclamation mark in the title?! are you for real?
About half the topics in this room are all "title case". Thats what its called. Why? Because in titles you are supposed to have every word uppercase. I'm sorry if my English is too proper for you. Next time I post something I will attempt to make it less proper to make the post feel less formal.

Next time I post a screen shot I will attempt to elaborate on more about it and provide information that is very repetitive when the picture shows quite well what is going on. I'll babble on about unrelated information just to fill up space, as this will obviously please you, as you obviously are so excited about my posts, yet disappointed to not have enough information provided.

I've noticed the common web practice is to use multiple explanation points instead of one. Obviously you feel one explanation point is not nearly annoying enough. Next time I will use four or five.

My sincerest apologies for forcing you to look at this thread and be disappointed.

olorin15
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 17, 2004, 02:22 AM

About half the topics in this room are all "title case". Thats what its called. Why? Because in titles you are supposed to have every word uppercase. I'm sorry if my English is too proper for you. Next time I post something I will attempt to make it less proper to make the post feel less formal.
Fine, I'll give you your "title case" claim. But take a look at the last 10-20 topics, and then take a look at yours - if you can seriously argue that you were not trying to make your thread stand out in particular and sound more sensational than others, well then you are either insane, or you are just being an @$$ ... This has nothing to do with your "proper" English, Colin. This is about your attempts at making sensational announcements prematurely, and then claiming you were not trying to do anything of the sort. Bull. You know what you are trying to do, and I know, and it's annoying. I'd be happy to see Xtender and Duality in action as a 1.0 release, but instead we get these posts from you that promote flaming among members ... Don't deny it - it's happened enough times already that you should have taken notice. Do you enjoy watching people go at it? I'm starting to think you do ...
come at you rapidly

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Jun 17, 2004, 02:39 AM

I think I'd rather not hear anything until 1.0 is out...
click one

Fonzie
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 17, 2004, 03:16 AM

man oh man. A simple: 'me no likey' - or something similar would have been sufficient.

But ofcourse we all have our opinions. I'd really like to see this evolve - but do I want to pay for another theme changer when the one i'm using is still (i hope) under development ? No. Maybe. Can't decide. LOL
There's No Offposition On the Genius Switch - David Letterman

Zee_on
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 17, 2004, 03:28 AM

Originally posted by NetworkShadow:
I think I'd rather not hear anything until 1.0 is out...
Dido, (sortof)

and I think people were not understanding me, I AM EXITED ABOUT THIS APPLICATION, I was not trolling, I was just sad to see that it wasn't as as exiting as I first thought then I saw the topic, GoMac, I am sorry for misunderstanding your screenshot, I think I may have started all this flaming, though it probly would of happened any way, Well what I am trying to say is that I was just soo exited about a "Application Theming Power" that I lost my horse.

but anyway, I am not the biggest fan of shapeshifter, and I do like competition, and I do like application makeovers, and theming power, so thanks for your post, though I would be perfectly happy if you just wait and let us download a working application in a month and stop teasing us people that Are exited about your product

wow, I think I forgot english and had to translate this post from an imaginary language

its all for the love of pixels....

Link
Professional Poster
Jun 17, 2004, 03:35 AM

w00t?

I tell ya people... you act like a bunch of um.. mac zealots. You don't want him announcing ANYTHING until he's done, fail to believe there's any alternative to shapeshifter, and act like having constant updates like this is a bad thing.

News flash: This program will be highly competetive with shapeshifter when it comes out. That doesn't mean it won't be better or worse, it just means it will be competetive. If you think otherwise, or try to praise otherwise.. you have problems

It's cool to see the playing field even out... and can hardly wait to see PB4 Hehe what would you rather, a developer constantly telling you progress on something and even showing you sample picts, or a developer tryng to act like a million dollar corporation by not saying anything, updating every few months, holding back updates for random stupid reasons, and being quiet about what the updates will have?
Aloha

BurningBright
Jun 17, 2004, 03:54 AM

Nice work goMac.

I hope you don't concern yourself with this board besides your announcing/checking announcement threads - I've never seen a board so full of

Well, that's not true - but man, amazing.

Question:

I don't know enough about the guikit format yet, but are these appskins the *same* resources, or are there more or less of them than are easily editable in themepark?
I have no credentials whatsoever to post here.

badidea
Professional Poster
Jun 17, 2004, 05:56 AM

I vote for a 'GUI Customization/War' forum for you guys now!

Dragon T
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 17, 2004, 07:21 AM

I don't normally like to get into these things...
but I feel the need to say something.
my aim here is to attempt to calm these 'simmering' waters. =)
so I hope I don't upset anyone with this message.

Being a Gui Customisation Forum, most of us here tend to be 'emotional', 'ego driven' people. This is a good thing.
This comes hand in hand with talent.
We are (in this Forum) largely very talented people.
I am enjoying spending a lot of time here. =)
You guys are cool! (most of the time) lol =)

I say this because GoMac, and many others here... (and I have to include myself in this)... like to announce stuff that we do.
We announce something cool... (well, we must think it is cool or we wouldn't announce it)
then the positive feedback gives us the energy to continue on to the next stage.

Being artistic, we are all eager to get our hands on the new toys...
and the frustration of waiting is... well, for the want of a better word... frustrating!
but the best toys take time to make. And I'm sure the programers are doing the best they can to get them out as fast as possible.
I can't imagine how much time it must take to make these GUI Apps, but would guess it to be a HUGE (mind numbing) job! These chaps are trying to do something good for us. Something we want. Whether they succeed or not... at least they are trying.
If we encourage these guys, they will work faster, and we will get our toys sooner.
If we give them a hard time, they will be sitting there thinking, "Why am I bothering!?"

Not so long ago, OSX was Aqua everywhere. Little boxes made of (ticky t')Aqua.
Now we have a choice. =)
Shapeshifter and Duality, (and a few others I don't know) have made this choice so much easier. Thank you guys.
I like Shapeshifter, (maybe because that's the only OSX Themeing App I know) but I also think competition is a good thing. So, bring on Duality, the next ThemePark, and any other themeing Apps.
I love GUI toys! =)

now... if I fold up this little soap box of mine, I wonder if I can make a paper dart out of it... or even a paper iMac! =) te he
D . R . A . G . O . N
. .
T . O . N . G . U . E

Maflynn
Professional Poster
Jun 17, 2004, 07:30 AM

Wow,
its pretty rough in here when colin is getting flamed for the title. I'm no duality apologist, in fact its been overhyped and delayed beyond the orgininal time frame.

Anyways, it seems whenever GoMac posts anything a bunch of people jump all over his case on the smallest details. I'm expecting him to get flamed for run on sentences next.

Mike

swiz
GUI Punk
Jun 17, 2004, 08:14 AM

To everyone staning up for goMacs cause. Due to many of your post counts, Im sure alot of you know his reputation for hyping the hell out of things and then dropping them before they are anywhere near feature complete or a final v1.0. Usually they are crippled public betas which are cast aside for something EVEN GREATER. We're tired of it. I am absolutely tired of it. Call me a ShapeShifter/Mac/whatever zealot, but I can honestly say that if goMacs product ever does meet or surpass ShapeShifters prowess, I would use it in a second. But I know thats NOT gonna happen. How? Because the fickleness of goMacs coding endeavors and history have proven this to me.
Thats great that your theme switching app is now starting to do things which SS has done for months, you should feel proud but please lets see some innovative stuff and a USEABLE, FEATURE-COMPLETE product, no more freaking hype. Im talking about something WE can use not just see screenshots of.
I dont have anything against you but you really have painted yourself into this corner in the past.

24" AlumiMac 2.4ghz C2D, 4g Ram, 300g HD, 750g USBHD • 80g iPod • 160g ATV • iPhone 3g

Link
Professional Poster
Jun 17, 2004, 09:19 AM

Originally posted by swiz:
To everyone staning up for goMacs cause. Due to many of your post counts, Im sure alot of you know his reputation for hyping the hell out of things and then dropping them before they are anywhere near feature complete or a final v1.0. Usually they are crippled public betas which are cast aside for something EVEN GREATER. We're tired of it. I am absolutely tired of it.
I swear you people need help. All of you.
Aloha

FB Eye
Senior User
Jun 17, 2004, 09:39 AM

Hey Swiz, nice to see you back!!!

Care to tell us what you're up to lately?

sorry if I'm badly off topic, but it's the only place we've seen Swiz in a while

goMac  (op)
Posting Junkie
Jun 17, 2004, 01:04 PM

To everyone staning up for goMacs cause. Due to many of your post counts, Im sure alot of you know his reputation for hyping the hell out of things and then dropping them before they are anywhere near feature complete or a final v1.0. Usually they are crippled public betas which are cast aside for something EVEN GREATER. We're tired of it. I am absolutely tired of it. Call me a ShapeShifter/Mac/whatever zealot, but I can honestly say that if goMacs product ever does meet or surpass ShapeShifters prowess, I would use it in a second. But I know thats NOT gonna happen. How? Because the fickleness of goMacs coding endeavors and history have proven this to me.
Thats great that your theme switching app is now starting to do things which SS has done for months, you should feel proud but please lets see some innovative stuff and a USEABLE, FEATURE-COMPLETE product, no more freaking hype. Im talking about something WE can use not just see screenshots of.
I dont have anything against you but you really have painted yourself into this corner in the past.
We have shipped a usable product, and we are nearly matched with ShapeShifter. Our heavy development time has just been the past 4 weeks. In that time we've nearly caught up with ShapeShifter.

We are working on other new, innovative stuff but seeing as how I get flamed on the board for posting about non-new innovative stuff I decided not post about that until its tangible.

This is a massive step for Duality because it eliminates the only issue keeping it from completely with ShapeShifter. Duality's engine now runs at one of the lowest levels of OS X, meaning it can now theme anything. Before Duality was patched into Carbon to do its job, which is pretty high level.

Essentially anything SS can theme Duality can now theme (with a few exceptions in iTunes, ugly hex patching). SS no longer has a technical advantage. Now its all development time to leverage the engine.

Edit: Just to put it into perspective do you know what the development time to advance the engine to do app theming was? Care to guess? How about an hour? We went to watch a WWDC session on DVD for about a half hour for some information, and then code for a half hour. If this only took an hour to do, I doubt it will take very long to implement other features. We don't work full time on Duality, we have other lives and other jobs, until this week only probably 4 hours total was going into Duality, and it was advancing quite quickly. This week we've put in 8 hours already, and we're quickly breaking ground. Because of the use of ThemeKit and Dave's excellent knowledge of low level programming Duality is advancing fast.
( Last edited by goMac; Jun 17, 2004 at 01:12 PM. )

foobars
Mac Elite
Jun 17, 2004, 01:37 PM

From a technical standpoint I like how XTender works better than SS, so I'm holding out hope. Swiz and all the naysayers will have thier time to flame goMac to hell when it falls though.

olorin15
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 17, 2004, 02:00 PM

Edit: Just to put it into perspective do you know what the development time to advance the engine to do app theming was? Care to guess? How about an hour? We went to watch a WWDC session on DVD for about a half hour for some information, and then code for a half hour. If this only took an hour to do, I doubt it will take very long to implement other features. We don't work full time on Duality, we have other lives and other jobs, until this week only probably 4 hours total was going into Duality, and it was advancing quite quickly. This week we've put in 8 hours already, and we're quickly breaking ground. Because of the use of ThemeKit and Dave's excellent knowledge of low level programming Duality is advancing fast.
Once again, goMac, bragging about writing some code in half an hour after you've been delaying Xtender for god knows how long is absolutely the dumbest thing to do. When you do break ground, I'll give it a spin. But this attitude is ridiculous ...
come at you rapidly

goMac  (op)
Posting Junkie
Jun 17, 2004, 02:10 PM

Once again, goMac, bragging about writing some code in half an hour after you've been delaying Xtender for god knows how long is absolutely the dumbest thing to do. When you do break ground, I'll give it a spin. But this attitude is ridiculous ...
XTender's delay had nothing to do with code writing. It had to do with personal reasons which may have involved people losing their jobs. I could explain further in detail but I don't really think anyone cares.

When it boils down to it, we were unable to work on the XTender engine until Monday for various reasons. If you notice in the earlier betas no changes were being made to the XTender engine. Now that Carpe Stellarem can once again meet we are able to work on XTender again, as opposed to me working alone on the prefpane.

We didn't announce the delays at the time because we didn't think it was a good idea for competitive reasons to let people know we were unable to work on our engine.

fireside
Professional Poster
Jun 17, 2004, 05:15 PM

you guys are idiots. i swear. first you whine and complain about how Duality is "Vaporware" then when goMac actually releases a product, you don't give a ****, and say it doesn't exist. what little babies.

just because goMac is showing off its progress you're whining, but if he doesn't show off any progress you whine about how it doesn't fucking exist. you can't have it both ways.

and just SHUT UP about the damn title. its a title, he made is capitlized and had an exclamation point so you're getting all your b�tchey panties in a twist? what little babies.

GROW UP. i'm sick and tired of everyone always saying that goMac never delivers. while i don't know exactly why he dropped Monolith, but you make it sound like a big ****ing deal, just because he announced it first. perhaps Monolith was the predecessor to XTender? and they dropped it because XTender would work out better and be going in the direction in which everyone wants? would you still be whining if Monolith was released and it was vastly inferior to ShapeShifter?

perhaps smeger made a themeswitcher before ShapeShifter, but didn't release it because he realized that a theme switcher based on APE would be better. just because goMac makes his progress public you guys whine and complain. i'm sick of it. if you hate goMac so much, DONT CLICK ON HIS TOPICS.

olorin15
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 17, 2004, 06:19 PM

We didn't announce the delays at the time because we didn't think it was a good idea for competitive reasons to let people know we were unable to work on our engine.
Great work! Excellent marketing decisions! That sure got you a lot of fans here ... And for your info, Colin, most people don't give a damn about the REASON why you have not been able to work on the engine. The end result is what matters, and that boils down to multiple delays in a software that was advertized as the next industrial revolution so long ago ...
come at you rapidly

goMac  (op)
Posting Junkie
Jun 17, 2004, 06:27 PM

Great work! Excellent marketing decisions! That sure got you a lot of fans here ... And for your info, Colin, most people don't give a damn about the REASON why you have not been able to work on the engine. The end result is what matters, and that boils down to multiple delays in a software that was advertized as the next industrial revolution so long ago ...
I actually said people probably won't care in my post.

I could explain further in detail but I don't really think anyone cares.
About every piece of software ever released has had delays. OS X ran two years late. And I really doubt Duality is a piece of software that is so important to you it directly affects your life.

Maflynn
Professional Poster
Jun 17, 2004, 06:31 PM

To everyone staning up for goMacs cause.
I agree with you completey but lets comment on his vaporware and overhyping not jumping on his case just because.

I'm for the most part going to stick with SS, its a great product, hopefully the competition will do it good by improving it. So far even though its in public beta until I see a 1.0 release for that matter a 1.1 release its still not ready for prime time and its vaporware.

Mike

Maflynn
Professional Poster
Jun 17, 2004, 06:40 PM

We are working on other new, innovative stuff but seeing as how I get flamed on the board for posting about non-new innovative stuff I decided not post about that until its tangible.
A step in the right direction.

You really need to take a page from Unsanity and not post anything about your products until they are either in public beta or better yet until they are released. Right now the overhyped and non-delivered product has continued to haunt you. Unfortunitly its not the first time this has happened. You can't say a incomplete beta qualifies as a full fledged release.

I hate to see you get flamed everytime you post here - kind of makes me wonder why you continue.

As the sayng goes talk is cheap, so the more you perform and the less you talk, the better off your going to be. There's definitly some bad blood and only hardwork and results will help erase that.

Mike

Forum Links
Forum Rules