Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > Strange CSS problems...

Strange CSS problems...
SwarmyCurve
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 19, 2003, 04:04 PM

I am having alot of problems doing a page with css for the text portions.

First, I designed it so it looked good in Mac IE and it looked fine there, but in Safari and everything else, including Windows IE, it looked horrible.

Then, I designed it so it would look good in Safari, and now it looks bad in practically everything else, for mac or windows.

I like the control of css, but how are you supposed to design with it when it looks bad on many/some browsers???

Here is an example of where I am right now. I want it to look like it does in Safari.

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Apr 19, 2003, 07:57 PM

Link, please? While looking at the images gives us a good idea of what the page looks like, we can't really tell what's wrong without the code unless we can see it.
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

SwarmyCurve  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 19, 2003, 08:58 PM

Thanks for the message, but I decided to ditch Dreamweaver which has caused me so much grief.

Back to trusty FreeWay!

Its looking much nicer now. Here is a peek.

No more help responses in this thread are needed.

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Apr 20, 2003, 10:54 AM

Good to see.

Dreamweaver and GoLive are nice, as is Freeway (particularly Freeway, in fact), for what they do. They're extremely good for prototyping, and to a lesser extent for experimentation. But to be honest, I've always been of the opinion that, for final production-quality HTML, there's still no way to beat good old fashioned hand-coding, be it for individual pages or for templates. It just forces the developer to write cleaner, tighter code, and generally bandwidth and compatibility both benefit as a result.
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

Forum Links
Forum Rules