Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Hardware Hacking > Sex and the City - Center iBook Logo Mod - Pink Apple

Sex and the City - Center iBook Logo Mod - Pink Apple
DeepDish
Forum Regular
Jan 4, 2004, 09:10 PM

Sex and the City - Center iBook Logo Mod - Pink Apple

We were watching Sex and the City on HBO and my wife liked the white iBook mod that has the center Apple logo turned pink.

I haved searched this forum and am unable to find anybody talking about changing the center logo. Found several on repainting the iBook covers, but no mods changing the center logo color.

Any advice or links on how to change the center logo color on an iBook.

Thank you,

DD

spitty27
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 4, 2004, 10:30 PM

i think you must inscrew the screws in the screen pop off the cover and theres a white piece of paper or something where the apple logo is. just put some pink cellophane or w/e and it should work

lol correct me someone if im wrong.
| MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo | 4GB Memory | 8x DL Superdrive | NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT graphics with 256MB SDRAM | 160GB Internal running Leopard 10.5.6 | 500GB External | AirportExtreme + Bluetooth 2.0 | Logitech MxRevolution | Casio Exilim EX z75 | iPhone 3G Black |

anti-sleep
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 5, 2004, 08:59 PM

Nope, you got it. I did a rainbow apple on my old iBook.

thetman
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 5, 2004, 11:54 PM

for the rainbow apple did you just print the old apple logo and use that or something special?

billybob128
Senior User
Jan 6, 2004, 05:42 PM

my brother changed his to blue said it was simple ust lift up the top casing thats all he just used an opaque piece of thin plastic. ill ask him more details if you want?

MacbookPro dual 2Ghz 1GB Ram 128 Graphics

DeepDish  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 6, 2004, 08:15 PM

thanks for the advice, it sounds simple. Will try to do it this weekend.

DD

anti-sleep
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 9, 2004, 12:47 AM

Originally posted by thetman:
for the rainbow apple did you just print the old apple logo and use that or something special?
I just printer out a square of the rainbow pattern, probably around two inches. I used regular paper, and simply replaced the existing sheet behind the apple with my rainbow one. I used to have pics of the entire process on Spymac, but they disappeared a couple months ago for some reason.

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Jan 9, 2004, 02:11 PM

if you print on transparency film meant for inkjets and leave the white paper in place, it would look pretty darn nice.

I replaced the apple in a TiBook with a blue piece of plastic.

see http://mail.victormarks.com/ticebook/ - I don't recommend anyone do this to a Ti Book- the screen is not near as easy as the ibook is to open.
If this post is in the Lounge forum, it is likely to be my own opinion, and not representative of the position of MacNN.com.

mrgaskell
Senior User
Jan 11, 2004, 06:42 AM

Does this void the warranty?
BlackBook 2Ghz C2D, 2GB, 120GB HD | Black 80GB iPod 5.5 | 8GB Red iPod Nano |
Check out my personal and classroom sites!

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Jan 11, 2004, 03:11 PM

I don't see how Apple could possibly know if you inserted a color sheet. Especially not if you took it out before sending it in for repair.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

Mac10
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 17, 2004, 10:20 PM

I put a piece of purple cellophane behind the white piece of paper...looks stock closed, but when the iBook is on the Apple logo glows purple.

I have 13 Macs: 15Gig iPod, eMac/700, iBook/800, iMac/350, iBook/300, 7100/66, 6100/60, Performa 476, LC, SE/30, 3-Pluses, & a 512K w/030 accelerator board.

Mac10
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 21, 2004, 09:56 PM

Here's a better pic:
I have 13 Macs: 15Gig iPod, eMac/700, iBook/800, iMac/350, iBook/300, 7100/66, 6100/60, Performa 476, LC, SE/30, 3-Pluses, & a 512K w/030 accelerator board.

ltong
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 26, 2004, 12:07 PM

Originally posted by mrgaskell:
Does this void the warranty?
Some of the iBooks have easy to break tabs hidden under the shell. They hold the edges of the casing together. If you break one by dissasembling the case, and then have to take the thing in for other repairs, the techs will know. I wouldn't touch it untill the warranty is up.

Forum Links
Forum Rules