Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > nw powerbook coming. can anyone suggest a stand?

nw powerbook coming. can anyone suggest a stand?
lAwrencex
Forum Regular
Oct 28, 2004, 08:50 PM

i just ordered my new powerbook 15 w/ superdrive, i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to where i can get a nice stand for it.

jbr
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 28, 2004, 10:01 PM

iCurve. Elegant, simple, unobtrusive. Brings the pb up to good eye level, helps air flow for cooling.

Mithras
Professional Poster
Oct 28, 2004, 10:38 PM

I use three upside-down cups; you might like the iCurve better.

Voch
Mac Elite
Oct 28, 2004, 10:58 PM

For general cooling and swivelling on-the-go, you can also get a Targus Traveller CoolPad.

Voch

Randman
Posting Junkie
Oct 28, 2004, 11:41 PM

iCurve.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

senon
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 28, 2004, 11:44 PM

iCurve is best for powerbook. Just get it

wilsonng
Senior User
Oct 29, 2004, 04:13 AM

I have the RoadTools Traveller's CoolPad in my bag. It's very small and fits well inside your bag/backpack/laptop case. It's the smaller cousin to the Podium CoolPad.

When I'm at home, I use the RainDesign iLap. It's made from anodized aluminum. You rest your laptop on it and it acts as a huge heat sink drawing heat away from the bottom of your laptop. As a result, the fan comes on a lot less frequently which helps reduce battery drainage.

It is ergonomically designed for use on your lap with the front cushion. You can take off the front cushion and then use it on your desk. However, it is a bit cumbersome so it's a bit bulky to put in your laptop case.

The Traveller's CoolPad is suited for your road duties due to its portability and the iLap is best for use in the office or home.

http://www.roadtools.com/

http://www.raindesigninc.com/ilap.html

mhuie
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 30, 2004, 01:03 AM

Depends on what you're using the stand for. If you want to hook up an external keyboard and mouse, get the iCurve.

If you want a better typing angle and want a way to cool the Powerbook, read the last post. I have a Coolpad also and it works great for travelling.
MBP 1.83

TerryJ
Senior User
Oct 30, 2004, 09:10 AM

I've been using an iBreeze for 6 months and couldn't be happier. Excellent build quality, not too noisy and my TiBook's fans come on much less, even when doing video or gaming. I also have a Podium CoolPad, but the looks alone are night and day. The sleek, clear acrylic next to bland black plastic is a huge cosmetic step up and looks much more elegant and professional which conveys a better image to my clients in the office and the fans definitely do make a difference in cooling.

Forum Links
Forum Rules