Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Use OmniOutliner for GTD

Use OmniOutliner for GTD
Zettt
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 23, 2007, 02:37 PM

Hi,

I've searched MacNN a little and haven't found a special category for tutorials.

A few weeks ago i made a tutorial how to GTD with OmniOutliner. Today i found the time to translate it to english.
I hope you like it.

Have a look :here:

thanks
Zettt

jbleisure
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 23, 2007, 03:56 PM

Are you aware that the Omnigroup are soon (I hope) to release omni focus which is a dedicated app for GTD. I found omnioutliner for GTD not so good. Great in theory but a bit buggy.

Zettt  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 23, 2007, 04:36 PM

Yes i know that. But not everyone having a computer has
a) the money to buy every new fancy app
b) likes using a special programm for every special purpose

For myself i use a Plain .txt File to manage my tasks .
Zettt

jbleisure
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 24, 2007, 11:23 AM

For myself i use a Plain .txt File to manage my tasks .
But then has the energy and inclination to make and translate instructions to use a fancy psuedo app for just that purpose. Strange

sieb
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 25, 2007, 08:50 AM

Wait for OmniFocus (or signup to test it), works alot better than hacking Outliner (there's a GTD addon for it). I'm beta testing OminFocus as we speak, nice little app.
Sieb
Blackbook
(2Ghz, 2GB, 100Gig, week 21)

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 25, 2007, 08:57 PM

I use Omni Outliner Pro for project management all the time. I'm in the middle of building a sceen-printing operation from the ground up -- I started last week with a concrete slab and a desk. I've gor to track equipment purchases, contractors, vendors, quotes, all manner of stuff, and it's been my lifeline. I wish it had some sort of timeline function, but being able to make sub-categories that I can reveal/hide at will and columns for contact names, prices, vendor ID's, and a handy checkbox for things done, has been wonderful.

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

jbleisure
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 26, 2007, 05:53 AM

I use Omni Outliner Pro for project management all the time. I'm in the middle of building a sceen-printing operation from the ground up -- I started last week with a concrete slab and a desk. I've gor to track equipment purchases, contractors, vendors, quotes, all manner of stuff, and it's been my lifeline. I wish it had some sort of timeline function, but being able to make sub-categories that I can reveal/hide at will and columns for contact names, prices, vendor ID's, and a handy checkbox for things done, has been wonderful.
Why aren't you using omniplan? I'd be interested to hear your reasons if you've looked at it.

Zettt  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 26, 2007, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by jbleisure View Post
Strange
Yes very strange if you have a blog which is not just about my own music but also about GTD
Originally Posted by sieb View Post
Wait for OmniFocus (or signup to test it), works alot better than hacking Outliner (there's a GTD addon for it). I'm beta testing OminFocus as we speak, nice little app.
The addon is only for Outliner Pro but not for the normal Outliner which comes pre-shipped with your Mac.
Zettt

jbleisure
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 26, 2007, 03:49 PM

Yes very strange if you have a blog which is not just about my own music but also about GTD
Are you agreeing that your comments were strange? Because if you were trying to be or funny - I don't see what you are saying.

Forum Links
Forum Rules