Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Tech News > Liquipel to provide JayBird earbuds moisture protection

Liquipel to provide JayBird earbuds moisture protection
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Feb 27, 2013, 07:02 AM

Aftermarket water protection provider Liquipel has started working with JayBird to offer some of its products with the hydrophobic coating already applied. The partnership comes at the same time as Liquipel announces the availability of its Liquipod Tower, a self-contained machine that allows for retail establishments to offer the treatment to their customers.

A number of devices in the JayBird range of accessories, including a number of Bluetooth earbuds, will receive the coating. While the Liquipel will usually help protect the devices from water splashes or rain, it will also provide protection from sweat caused through exercise, such as when listening to music while running. It is not clear how long it will take for Liquipel-protected JayBird accessories to go on sale. The new Liquipod Towers will treat mobile devices using Liquipel 2.0 WaterSafe technology at a store, saving customers the need to send devices to Liquipel for the process to take place. The unit, consisting of a kiosk cabinet, the Liquipod machine itself, and storage, will be available for stores in the United States to purchase in the second quarter.

keithhat
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 27, 2013, 12:32 PM

I thought my recently purchased JayBird BlueBuds were sweat proof already ?
From their site:

At JayBird, we're athletes with a passion. A passion for
getting products right. We include a Lifetime Warranty
Against Sweat across all JayBird products.

I have read several online posts by owners that warranty claims were rejected due to "to much seat" How do early adopters get their BlueBuds really sweat proof?

keithhat
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 27, 2013, 12:52 PM

I thought my recently purchased JayBird BlueBuds were sweat proof already ?
From their site:

At JayBird, we're athletes with a passion. A passion for
getting products right. We include a Lifetime Warranty
Against Sweat across all JayBird products.

I have read several online posts by owners that warranty claims were rejected because of to much sweat. How do early adopters get their BlueBuds really sweat proof?

Forum Links
Forum Rules