Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Help me convince family friend to buy a Power Mac

Help me convince family friend to buy a Power Mac (Page 2)
ninahagen
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 12, 2008, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by peeb View Post
Thanks - I was just repeating that it was nothing major to put you down. Fun.
Originally Posted by peeb View Post
Well, you expressed another opinion - that's fine (I grant you permission), but I'm not listening to anything you say anyway. I just want to be right.
Looked up "peeb" and found it cross referenced to:

annoyance
noun
ex: They found him an annoyance. nuisance, pest, bother, irritant, inconvenience, palaver; informal: pain, pain in the neck/butt/ass, hassle; nudnik, burr under someone's saddle.
( Last edited by ninahagen; Feb 13, 2008 at 04:33 AM. )

peeb
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 12, 2008, 02:49 PM

You're annoyed that not everyone shares your point of view? Perhaps that's why you "quoted" me saying something I didn't say? That's right - because what I actually said doesn't fit your agenda of trying to pretend that your opinion is the only one out there. Grow up.

ninahagen
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 12, 2008, 02:56 PM

Not one person has supported your position in the thread, yet you won't let go or stand corrected on anything. I have gotten back channel support from others of our membership for taking you to task for your overbearing presence, not just here, but across numerous threads. Quite a number of people are irritated and speculate that you are a teen who just likes to interrupt. It is not just me.

The "quotations" are not meant to be factual, but to illustrate to you how you come off to others.
( Last edited by ninahagen; Feb 13, 2008 at 04:30 AM. )

MacosNerd
Professional Poster
Feb 12, 2008, 03:03 PM

Nina's correct on this.

I've tried to stay above the arguments but you seem to be incapable of letting the issue drop. You like G5s (well so do I) but that doesn't mean I keep pushing my point especially when faced with overwhelming evidence that the mini or iMac is a better fit for the OP.

Cold Warrior
Feb 12, 2008, 03:04 PM

n/m

peeb
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 12, 2008, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by MacosNerd View Post
Nina's correct on this.

I've tried to stay above the arguments but you seem to be incapable of letting the issue drop. You like G5s (well so do I) but that doesn't mean I keep pushing my point especially when faced with overwhelming evidence that the mini or iMac is a better fit for the OP.
On the contrary, far from keeping 'pushing this issue', I am simply pointing out that which machine is 'better' depends on your prioritization of features. There are a group of people who seem incapable of accepting that that there can be more than one opinion on this issue. That's a problem. Folks need to realize that they will not always be able to drown out every other opinion than their own. The argument that 'most people on this forum think one thing, so that is the only opinion that can be tolerated' is ridiculous, and very childish.

I don't have a problem with the idea that some people prefer the mini - I have a problem with the idea that they want me not to prefer a G5, and not to say so. Your 'overwhelming evidence' is based on your prioritization of needs, not mine. It is opinion.

As an aside, I find making things up and putting them in quotes, without giving any indication that they are entirely fictitious extremely unhelpful. It is caustic to any kind of rational discussion, misrepresents the person being 'quoted', and shows an incredible lack of respect and maturity.
( Last edited by peeb; Feb 12, 2008 at 04:17 PM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules