Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > MBP - Battle of the Bulge

MBP - Battle of the Bulge
Caesar2099
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 29, 2007, 02:33 PM

My 17inch MacBook Pro (Intel Core Duo) has been stricken by the infamous battery bulge. I wake up this morning place a hand on my good friend MBP. I notice he's tilting at odd angles, as if something was trapped underneath him. Naturally I assumed there was something it was a misplaced cable or Odwalla Bar, but alas the problem was caused by the sudden and unnatural bulge of the battery in its case.

Has anybody else here had this problem/helpful links/stories of despair? Feel free to mourn for my beloved silver buddy as he waits for a new a$$ to arrive.

dgtlfnk
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 29, 2007, 07:02 PM

Being a virgin in the Mac world, and awaiting anxiously to pick up my new MBP tomorrow... I've been reading a lot of this scenario occurring, dating back to last year.

Is the software fix that is now being offered related to this physical anomoly as well?? Or is that a totally different situation?

Simon
Posting Junkie
Apr 30, 2007, 02:18 AM

We had a 15" MBP battery bulge too. Believe it or not, it's probably one of the best defects you can have (obviously having none at all would be even better). We called Apple, mentioned bulging and bingo the new battery was on its way. No questions asked. Arrived from Holland exactly 23h later. We were able to return the old one at no extra charge as well. Perfect service. The new battery has been working absolutely perfect ever since.

Forum Links
Forum Rules