Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > George Michael

George Michael
subego
Clinically Insane
Dec 25, 2016, 09:45 PM

Okay... that was unexpected.

starman
Clinically Insane
Dec 25, 2016, 09:53 PM

"Natural causes". At 53?

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Dec 25, 2016, 10:19 PM

I feel like authoritative information isn't really available.

I'll read "pneumonia", and then see it's referring to something which happened 6 years ago.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Dec 26, 2016, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by starman View Post
"Natural causes". At 53?
Cardiac arrest, apparently.

This is completely unqualified medical layman's impression, but it seems to me that one of the consequences of having been in the heavily substance-abusing entertainment industries of the 80s and 90s is that the heart just tends to…give up, way too early.

With notable exceptions, of course.

P
Dec 26, 2016, 10:00 AM

It has been widely rumored for some time that he had HIV (a former partner died from it, and he refused to get tested for it for the longest time). I suspect that if true, it will trickle out in a month or so, like Prince and the opiates.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

ghporter
Administrator
Dec 26, 2016, 10:27 AM

Once again, 2016 manages to suck worse than it already had. Carrie has a MI (who knows if that's really what it was), and George Michael croaks in the same week.

OK, 2016, you have only a couple of days to NOT suck worse. We're watching...

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 27, 2016, 03:04 AM

RIP George. If the rest of the world gave as much of a sh*t about you, as you did about them, you'd still be alive.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Dec 27, 2016, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by ghporter View Post
Once again, 2016 manages to suck worse than it already had. Carrie has a MI (who knows if that's really what it was), and George Michael croaks in the same week.

OK, 2016, you have only a couple of days to NOT suck worse. We're watching...
Alphonse Mouzon died yesterday.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alphonse_Mouzon
He recorded four R & B albums, including The Essence Of Mystery (Blue Note 1972), Funky Snakefoot (Blue Note 1973) and The Man Incognito (Blue Note 1976), including 'Take Your Troubles Away' and in the 1980s By All Means featured Herbie Hancock, Lee Ritenour, Seawind Horns and Freddie Hubbard.

Mouzon performed with many prominent jazz-fusion musicians. In 1991, he performed with Miles Davis on the movie soundtrack album entitled "Dingo". Mouzon composed the song "The Blue Spot" for the jazz club scene and appeared as an actor and drummer in the Tom Hanks-directed film, That Thing You Do in 1996. Alphonse Mouzon played the role of "Miles" in the film The Highlife, which was exhibited at a film festival in Houston in 2003. He also can be seen with Michael Keaton and Katie Holmes in the film First Daughter, and as 'Ray" in the movie The Dukes, along with Robert Davi, Chazz Palminteri and Peter Bogdanovich.

Mouzon played with Stevie Wonder, Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, Carlos Santana, Patrick Moraz, Betty Davis and Chubby Checker. Robert Plant, lead singer of Led Zeppelin, during his acceptance speech for induction into the 1995 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, listed Alphonse Mouzon as one of the band's influences from American music.

ghporter
Administrator
Dec 28, 2016, 08:41 PM

CRAP.

I'm staying up until midnight on the 31st. I want to watch 2016 die. Seriously. It's not just celebrities, either; several of my coworkers have had major health problems, or they've had parents die. 2016, it's your turn now!

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Dec 28, 2016, 11:06 PM

Lets hope it doesn't have a spectacular fine up its' sleeve.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Forum Links
Forum Rules