Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > App created with Director only works sometimes on Tiger.

App created with Director only works sometimes on Tiger.
slugslugslug
Mac Elite
Sep 9, 2006, 07:08 PM

So I have this CD-ROM that came with one of my textbooks and tried to use it a few weeks before classes started. It's a Director-based app with a little menu that lets you launch animations and self-tests and whatnot. That first time I tried it, the menu was totally nonresponsive. I tried copying the contents to the HD, running it in another user account, logging out and back in as myself, got nowhere. ~1 week ago, before trying to figure out if the publisher provides tech support, I decided to try it again. Lo and behold, it worked. Of course, by then I had no idea what I was doing differently from the first time. Today I wanted to check out some video, and again I get a menu that ignores my clicks.

I can't find any prefs or cache folders that seem remotely related. Is there some trick to running Director-made apps on Tiger that I'm missing?
( Last edited by slugslugslug; Sep 9, 2006 at 07:15 PM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules