Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > my games are running too fast

my games are running too fast
dennisuello
Dec 29, 2004, 10:33 AM

my mac specs are in the sig. i upgraded the graphics card, so i can play some games on my mac, downloaded some demos to see what's out there. most of these games run too fast. like THPS4, and some driving games.

Macola
Mac Elite
Dec 29, 2004, 11:15 AM

Try getting SimCity 4; after your city grows a bit, that will fix your problem
I do not like those green links and spam.
I do not like them, Sam I am.

Caesar2099
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 29, 2004, 05:32 PM

what do you mean by too fast? is the game literally speeding up?

dennisuello  (op)
Dec 30, 2004, 12:26 PM

i have Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 demo and the guy skates just too fast to be able to do any tricks and see what's going on. it's impossible to land, cause he spins too fast and it's hard to line up. most of the driving games - the same story, the car is going too fast, it's like the whole thing is accelerated 1.5 times.

macaddict0001
Mac Elite
Dec 30, 2004, 03:57 PM

in tony hawk there is a slow mo cheat for 1000 money.
Thats what i use to slow it down a bit.

euchomai
Mac Elite
Dec 31, 2004, 02:25 AM

Originally posted by dennisuello:
my mac specs are in the sig. i upgraded the graphics card, so i can play some games on my mac, downloaded some demos to see what's out there. most of these games run too fast. like THPS4, and some driving games.
I think you are too old and are remembering the olden days of gaming. Today's games are fast paced.

If you are not an old may and your computer is SUPERHUMAN, then I'm sorry form my assumption. I honestly didn't know a Mac could be too fast for gaming!

i am yujin
Forum Regular
Dec 31, 2004, 06:15 AM

Originally posted by euchomai:
I think you are too old and are remembering the olden days of gaming. Today's games are fast paced.

If you are not an old may and your computer is SUPERHUMAN, then I'm sorry form my assumption. I honestly didn't know a Mac could be too fast for gaming!
He should be right because I honestly didn't think something like this would ever be posted here.
"iPod Mini embodies everything Apple nay-sayers cry at every turn: overpriced style with mediocre substance." -PookJP
yo w3rd.

Forum Links
Forum Rules