Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Apple Color OneScanner w/ G4

Apple Color OneScanner w/ G4
gscarich
Aug 8, 2000, 07:08 PM

I just got an "old" G4 400 Sawtooth with an Adaptec 904F card and can't see the scanner. I've installed the chooser extension and the scanner extension as I had on my 7500 upgraded to a G3, but the scanner doesn't show up.
The Adaptec SCSI card is a bit flaky. If I crash the SCSI sometimes won't load. Or the booting process hangs early (just after the progress bar shows up).
Any ideas or is this not possible? The scanner is not TWAIN compliant FWIW.

I have the latest driver for the card according to Anubus.

[This message has been edited by gscarich (edited 08-09-2000).]

ydnar1
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 9, 2000, 10:21 AM

The only thing I can think of right now is to change the load order of the extension. What you would do is rename the extension with a tilde which is ~...this will force that extension to load first and MAYBE this will work. Otherwise it may be some kind of conflict with that driver and something else.

------------------

Aug 9, 2000, 11:31 AM

Do you have the latest scanner driver?

<http://asu.info.apple.com/swupdates.nsf/artnum/n11331>

Jaylin Hall
Aug 9, 2000, 12:08 PM

I have an Adaptec card and an apple scanner and i can tell you that it just dosent work. In fact if you use the latest Apple Scanner Driver it gets wose. I messed around with this for three days its a dead issue. I got a pre pismo (bronze key..) powerbook and it works like a charm. Its definately the G4 or Adaptec and i am using a 2930CU with Power Domain Control.

squishy
Aug 9, 2000, 02:55 PM

just get rid of the scanner and buy a new one, my epson perfection 610 USB is great and is going for around $110 u.s. right now. It has almost perfect color matching, the only thing that needs to be adjusted after you scan is the sharpness by a bit.

vyvyan
Aug 9, 2000, 04:15 PM

Pay no attention to squishy. It would almost be a crime to get rid of your Color OneScanner. It is one of the greatest scanners ever made for the Mac. I would try a different SCSI card. It is, however reasons like yours that I bought one of the last of the beige G3's and upgraded the processor.

uelsimon
Aug 9, 2000, 04:24 PM

i need the Apple Color OneScanner software ..i cant find my copy..anyone have one or know wher i can download it
please email me.

[email protected]

Greg Christie
Aug 9, 2000, 04:29 PM

Try this

Place the latest scanner extension in the system folder (not the extensions folder). Use SCSI Probe, find the scanner and set the option to mount at startup.

This works fine

500Mhz/G4 Adaptec 2904 Apple Color One

If you can't see the scanner in SCSI probe you may have other issues.

cheers

Forum Links
Forum Rules