Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iChat issue

iChat issue
I WAS the One
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 14, 2006, 08:31 AM

Ok, I do some audio production stuff every now and then, that's why I got an Mbox hook up with my Mac... so, I use a professional condenser microphone and I also use it with Garage Band, and Quicktime for recording purposes... but when I want to use iChat it doesn't show the Mbox audio input as QT and GB do.. why? how can I use my mic with iChat? I need that quality thru iChat, I tried a regular computer Mic, but it sounds so bad that I refuse to use something like that, why Can I use it on GB and QT but it can't be used with iChat? help me here please. thanx
Enjoy My Mac Comic @ BLAST COMICS

DarwinX
Jul 14, 2006, 09:25 AM

Not sure why that is, but if it ends up not being an option, maybe the whole soundflower + soundbed + line-in combination of apps will allow you to achieve what you're looking for hopefully. Not the best help ever, but might be worth a shot.

I WAS the One  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 14, 2006, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by DarwinX
Not sure why that is, but if it ends up not being an option, maybe the whole soundflower + soundbed + line-in combination of apps will allow you to achieve what you're looking for hopefully. Not the best help ever, but might be worth a shot.
soundflower + soundbed + line in ??? I didn't get it... you mean connecting the output thru the regular input of the Mac? or what do you mean?
Enjoy My Mac Comic @ BLAST COMICS

DarwinX
Jul 14, 2006, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by I WAS the One
soundflower + soundbed + line in ??? I didn't get it... you mean connecting the output thru the regular input of the Mac? or what do you mean?
Ahh sorry for the lack of a better response. The easiest explination is to follow this link http://www.engadget.com/2004/10/05/e...odcasting-get/ and scroll down to the section that starts "Ingredients for our Podcast recording set up" and it will talk about each of the applications I listed. Hope that helps more!

Forum Links
Forum Rules