Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > BEWARE Doucy2

BEWARE Doucy2
rsandborn1
Steven Landon
Marketplace Fame
Sep 22, 2006, 01:36 PM

I just did a trade with doucy2 for a PowerBook G4 400mhz he told me it had some display issues and a bad optical drive. So i just recieved the powerbook today completely dismantled and in pieces, he had told me that it ran good and was all together and included an ac adapter and battery, however neither is in the box. And now he wont respond to any of my IM's emails or anything, I sent out a 250GB Hard drive 2 sticks of ram and a ATI AGP card, if im lucky i can catch it before he gets it. I feel like i got scammed here, i expected a powerbook that was in one peice, not something that I have to assemble. the screws came in a altoids box and everythign was totally dismantled. So beware of this guy

CTSxViper
Sep 22, 2006, 01:40 PM

That is really bad.. Hopefully he will reply to you and make this right..

bowwowman
Mac Elite
Sep 22, 2006, 02:25 PM

odd.......I have done business with him before, both here & on another forum, notta problemo (buy & sell, but not trades). He paid quickly, communicated well, and sent out my items within a day or 2

hope this gets resolved soon
Personally I find it hilarious that you have the hots for my gramma. Especially seeins how she is 3x your age, and makes your Brittney-Spears-wannabe 30-something wife look like a rag doll who went thru WWIII with a burning stick of dynamite up her a** :)

techound1
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 22, 2006, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by bowwowman
odd.......I have done business with him before, both here & on another forum, notta problemo (buy & sell, but not trades). He paid quickly, communicated well, and sent out my items within a day or 2

I've traded with him with no issues. Good luck on the resolution.

weazbert
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 22, 2006, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by bowwowman

indeed this is really odd, i have talked to him a few times, and done usiness with him. i hope he gets back to you soon.

osxpinot
Senior User
Sep 22, 2006, 10:33 PM

I'm sorry, but this rsandborne1 guy is very shady. I've pointed him out and a couple of threads, and I got a threat via PM from him threatening to get me banned. I have not dealt with doucy2, but I have spoken with him before and interacted with him on here for over a year. He seems legit. My guess is that rsandbourne1 ripped him off and is trying to tarnish doucy's image.

osxpinot
Senior User
Sep 22, 2006, 10:45 PM

sledsbehave
Senior User
Sep 22, 2006, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by rsandborn1
I just did a trade with doucy2 for a PowerBook G4 400mhz he told me it had some display issues and a bad optical drive. So i just recieved the powerbook today completely dismantled and in pieces, he had told me that it ran good and was all together and included an ac adapter and battery, however neither is in the box. And now he wont respond to any of my IM's emails or anything, I sent out a 250GB Hard drive 2 sticks of ram and a ATI AGP card, if im lucky i can catch it before he gets it. I feel like i got scammed here, i expected a powerbook that was in one peice, not something that I have to assemble. the screws came in a altoids box and everythign was totally dismantled. So beware of this guy
this guy is a scammer, this is his old trick, he promises to trade you something, if you send it, he then claims it was broke and doesn't send his end.

http://forums.macnn.com/59/marketpla...watch-out-for/

check that thread for references. his mother just recently PM'ed me that he is using her computer to scam people.

hopefully the mods will take care of this guy.
as ever,
sonny

sledsbehave
Senior User
Sep 22, 2006, 10:50 PM

i can't believe after i warned about this guy, anyone dealt with him
as ever,
sonny

sledsbehave
Senior User
Sep 22, 2006, 11:05 PM

here ya go...

read about some similar stories from steve landon on how things got destroyed through the mail...

http://www.applefritter.com/node/4283
as ever,
sonny

RiDDLeRIZE
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 22, 2006, 11:13 PM

Doucy2 is a good guy...he's been on here for a long while longer than RS has and Doucy2 has my back on this.

stwain2003
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 22, 2006, 11:15 PM

i had problems with him too! a broken PowerMac G4 that "worked perfectly" at his house. A broken handle, bad mobo, bad video card, etc. People always said he was great, but he refused to do an "untrade" claiming this it worked fine.
8GB iPhone
Coming Soon: Mac mini Core 2 Duo 2.0Ghz

osxpinot
Senior User
Sep 22, 2006, 11:28 PM

Seriously, it wasn't just you, there were a solid 3-4 people calling out this sociopath.

Daedalus256
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 23, 2006, 06:03 PM

I've never had problems with Doucy, he sent me some good PC100 RAM before

It's kind of ironic that rsandborn1 made this thread considering I'm still waiting on a flashed Voodoo3 from him though :-/

edit: actually, he offered me the Powerbook in the OP as well when I sold my G4 Aluminum. He told me it was in pieces IIRC but he could put it together. I've done trading with Doucy before, bought things off of him, he's the real deal.

edit2: Wow I knew something was up when people were accusing Doucy of stuff. I'm glad this kid just offered to "send me the card for free since it'll be cheap to ship" Otherwise I'd be out of a few bucks. Here's the thread
http://forums.macnn.com/59/marketpla...graphics-card/
( Last edited by Daedalus256; Sep 23, 2006 at 06:15 PM. )

doucy2
Senior User
Sep 23, 2006, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by stwain2003
i had problems with him too! a broken PowerMac G4 that "worked perfectly" at his house. A broken handle, bad mobo, bad video card, etc. People always said he was great, but he refused to do an "untrade" claiming this it worked fine.
it was in working conditon and nothing was broken (it was insured with ups) this kid never filed a claim therefore nevr got any money. i would have happily filed a claim for him.

as regards to this main issue i will be talking to him and working things out.
ThinkMac.org

Mini Duo 1.66ghz 1.25gb

Daedalus256
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 23, 2006, 11:26 PM

Well I'm sure we're all aware by now that this guy is infact the infamous Steve Landon,fraud extrordinaire. Doucy, if I were you, I'd contact the Michigan police. Since he's already commited some crimes, is listed in their database, etc, they'll probably have no problem picking him up and getting your stuff back.

edit: Come to think of it, him offering me a "flashed" Voodoo 3 seems a bit weird, always thought it DID sound weird considering that the Voodoo cards were PC cards and I don't believe they were ever used in a Mac, glad I didn't give him any cash.

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 23, 2006, 11:35 PM

3dfx offered most off their cards in Mac versions for a few years and most of their PC cards were indeed easily flashable to Mac.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

Forum Links
Forum Rules