Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > GraphiteAGV problems (drop shadow and tweaking error)

GraphiteAGV problems (drop shadow and tweaking error)
braiiins
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 4, 2007, 07:15 PM

I'm trying to use the GraphiteAGV dark menutabs theme, but the menu bar is showing the shadow underneath as if I were using a menu bar theme, and not a tabs theme.

I'm also getting an error when I try to tweak the theme and save it as a modded version. It starts to save, and then the error comes up:
The file could not be saved.
An Unknown error prevented the operation from concluding.

Sandy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 5, 2007, 08:50 AM

braiiins, someone else can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the menu bar shadow is part of the theme...it's set by OS X. You'll need a separate menu util to turn it off.

Errors when trying to save tweeked theme mods are really quite common. I seem to recall that calling the theme into ThemePark and saving it back out usually will cure the problem. I don't know what causes it, but IMHO the tweeking feature in ShapeShifter is probably its weakest feature.

braiiins  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 5, 2007, 11:33 AM

Huh, I thought I edited my post to say I read about GUIshade (I think that's what it's name was), but couldn't find it on a working website. The link I found to it on macthemesforum.net says, "Sorry for the inconvenience, but we are currently performing fixes and upgrades to the forums. Everything will be back up and running shortly," and it appears the developer's website no longer exists... Is there another way, or does anyone have GUIshade they can send me?

Thanks for the suggestion for the theme. I'll give that a shot... a reason to finally get TP

inkhead
Senior User
May 5, 2007, 08:23 PM

You won't like it with the shadow off.

Sandy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 6, 2007, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by inkhead View Post
Actually, he will. GraphiteAGV has 2 versions (in 2 colour schemes). One uses a full width menu bar, the other uses tabs in only "occupied" menu bar positions. If you use the tabbed version, unless you turn the shadow off, you end up with a shadow running across the screen, even though most of middle of the screen has no menu bar.

braiiins  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 11, 2007, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by inkhead View Post
How very helpful of you

Thank you for explaining it, Sandy And I'm actually a she.

I found and downloaded GUIshade, but it didn't work. Is it outdated now?

Sandy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 11, 2007, 09:45 PM

braiiins...I haven't tried this, but it may do the trick for you. Unsanity has a free utility called
Shadowkiller, that is supposed to turn off menu and window shadows.

[unsanity] ShadowKiller - Remove shadows and speed up the Mac OS X

Good luck.

braiiins  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2007, 04:48 PM

Thanks, I'll give that a shot sometime.

Forum Links
Forum Rules