Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Audiobooks not showing up in iTunes -> iPod search bar

Audiobooks not showing up in iTunes -> iPod search bar
Thain Esh Kelch
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 6, 2010, 06:51 AM

When connecting my iPod to the Mac, and opening iTunes, I usually don't have any problems.

But, lately I've been having problems with my audiobooks, which I started listening a few months ago, and greatly enjoying.

If I select the iPod in iTunes, and go to the 'Music' tab, I can of course select everything I want for automatic sync. But, since I prefer to have use the Audiobook fane on the iPod (5G video) and not have seperate playlists for Audiobooks, I just tend to search for the writers in the right side, and tick them, so they show up under Audiobook on the iPod - As compared to just ticking the Audiobook "playlist" and have all writers synced (You only listen to a book once in a while).

But, the last week they have not been showing up when searching for the writers, under the iPod fane in iTunes. Some of them show up, a few only, while others don't. This used to work fine, and I don't recall having done any changes or installing any updates? There are, as far as I can see, no ID-tag differences among the writers that show up, and those who doesn't. They are all marked as being Audiobook-mediatype, and show up under Audiobooks in iTunes.

Any ideas?

Forum Links
Forum Rules