Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Monitor not displaying in OS X install

Monitor not displaying in OS X install
RUNTZ
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 27, 2002, 12:14 AM

After purchasing the Sonnettech installer for OS X my 9500 will boot to install OS X from the OS X CD. I can hear everything just fine booting. But the monitor does not display anything. The graphics card is a ATI Radeon 7000. What if anything can be done so that my monitor will actually display the installation of OS X on it. the TV out never displays either on the card. BTW the monitor is an Apple 15" with connected into the VGA port of the card. And I have a the 450MHZ G4 upgrade from sonnet in the computer.

Thanks.

Kelby

Scotttheking
Moderator Emeritus
Jul 27, 2002, 12:39 AM

I'm sending this to older systems forum because someone else there has probably tried this, and might have some advice.
All machines in this forum are supported under OSX.
My website
Help me pay for college. Click for more info.

Gregory
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 27, 2002, 02:47 PM

10.1 doesn't have support for Radeon 7000 in beige and earlier. You may need to use another video card until you've upgraded to 10.1.5 and can run the July 2002 ATI Radeon updater (for 9.2 and OS X), or use the built-in video ram and port if you VRAM available until you're done installing.

The Radeon 2001 models do work fine. Or any Rage 128 etc.

himself
Mac Elite
Jul 30, 2002, 03:44 AM

From what I remember, the 9500 doesn't have built-in graphics, but it did ship with an 8MB ATI Mach64 graphics card installed... which works perfectly in OSX, by the way. If you still have this card, you should use it to drive your monitor in place of the Radeon 7000, until you upgrade to 10.1.5 and the latest ATI updates.
"Bill Gates can't guarantee Windows... how can you guarantee my safety?"
-John Crichton

Forum Links
Forum Rules