Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Anarchy and Revolution

Anarchy and Revolution
Robin Hood
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 12, 2001, 06:17 PM

People talk about wanting to revalutionize a government, or completley overthrow it to replace it with a new one. But why try to change something that by it's very nature is something that controls it's populas. If areas of land were distriputed equally and then divided into communities that are self-suffiecient we could all live a lot happier. We would for the first time in the history of the entire world be truly free. Only acts of violence would be illegal, and the communities would decide the guidelines for the punishments. It can work if people will let it. But for some odd reason people seem to fear freedom. This just makes no sense for me. Why fight something that would be benificial to us all?

osiris
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 13, 2001, 06:15 PM

gee, sounds like Utopia. I'm there dude.

I only wish it were possilble - oh it is - it's in the US Constitution and it says that:

We have the right to form a new government.

How about that? But I don't think our current leaders want us reading that 'ole constitution - it may give us ideas.

PEACE

BTW - didja miss the Revolution and WAR boards?
"Faster, faster! 'Till the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - HST

Forum Links
Forum Rules