Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Bluetooth file transfers...

Bluetooth file transfers...
hawiken
Forum Regular
Mar 26, 2004, 02:17 PM

.. between a Mac and a PC
When transferring files from a Mac using 10.3.3 to a PC using XP Pro, via Bluetooth, most of the Word files that I send wind up as gibberish. The files have the .DOC suffix at the end of the names, and some (few!) files transfer properly.
I'm only going one way, because it's a new PC, and I need to get work documents onto it.
So far, Excel files transfer without a hitch.
I'm using the D-Link DBT 120 adapter on the Mac (iBook 800 G3); the Dell has built in Bluetooth.
Thanks for any help,
Ken

southtdi
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 26, 2004, 03:01 PM

It could be the mac, but XP has many known issues with bluetooth. Is there another PC you can try the trandfer with? Might be good to rule out the iBook first by transferring from it to other pc's and macs if you can.

If no around and Apple store is near they will let you try it and see if they are fine.

hawiken  (op)
Forum Regular
Mar 26, 2004, 06:14 PM

Thanks-
don't have another Bluetooth enabled PC around, but thanks for replying..
Ken

veryniceguy2002
Senior User
Mar 29, 2004, 11:19 AM

Originally posted by hawiken:
.. between a Mac and a PC
When transferring files from a Mac using 10.3.3 to a PC using XP Pro, via Bluetooth, most of the Word files that I send wind up as gibberish. The files have the .DOC suffix at the end of the names, and some (few!) files transfer properly.
I'm only going one way, because it's a new PC, and I need to get work documents onto it.
So far, Excel files transfer without a hitch.
I'm using the D-Link DBT 120 adapter on the Mac (iBook 800 G3); the Dell has built in Bluetooth.
Thanks for any help,
Ken
Sounds like it may be ASCII vs binary issue. Perhaps those Word files that had problems may have images etc which has binary data in it?

Forum Links
Forum Rules