Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Printing in IE with a HP 812C

Printing in IE with a HP 812C
Dogcow
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 19, 2000, 03:52 PM

When i try to print a web site i get a box that says the scaleing value is to small. I pops up about 10 of the boxes then starts printing. What comes out is a block about the saize of an inch with the web page microscopicly (sp?) printed on the sheet. So i set the pinter setting s to print pages wide (on 2 pages) any most of the page comes out but the last word of each line is on a sperate sheet. When i change the page orintation to the long way it comes out fine (but i waqnt it the tall way) the scalling option used to work so that it would print all on 1 page with out 1 word on a sheet.
Any ideas? i have a imac DV with a HP 812C printer and OS9.

------------------
moof!
moof!

Tigger66
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 20, 2000, 03:30 PM

If you are using Netscape (Navigator or Communicator) I was experiencing the same problems. The only solution I found is to use Internet Explorer 4.5 whenever you need to print. I use Netscape to browse but always print from IE 4.5 Hope this helps, it did for me!

Chris

mohog
Mar 20, 2000, 04:19 PM

in netscape make sure to do the following:

Make the window about as wide as a piece of paper.

in the page set up screen uncheck fit to page. this is know to cause strange things to happen

also set the scale to like 90%

]try to print with this set of settings.

Dogcow  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 20, 2000, 08:55 PM

I am useing IE! look at the topic line.

please help

------------------
moof!
moof!

mohog
Mar 22, 2000, 09:32 AM

double check that in the IE "Print" dialog box...may have to hunt for it if you have any drop down menus that the option of shrinking the page to fit is NOT checked!!!!

Dogcow  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 22, 2000, 08:32 PM

Ya but i want to shrink the page but not into a 1 in box. like i have been getting. Most web sites print just slightly more than 8 1/2 in.

------------------
moof!
moof!

Forum Links
Forum Rules