Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > How do I contact Apple via e-mail to complain?

How do I contact Apple via e-mail to complain?
Flawl3ssCowb0y
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 6, 2006, 01:20 PM

I can't find any e-mail addresses at all on the Apple (UK) site. Anyone know?

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 6, 2006, 01:20 PM

It's a secret.
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

Flawl3ssCowb0y  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 6, 2006, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by RAILhead
It's a secret.
No s***. Care to tell me it?

goMac
Posting Junkie
Oct 6, 2006, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Flawl3ssCowb0y
No s***. Care to tell me it?
There's this thing called AppleCare Support. You might have heard of it.
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

Flawl3ssCowb0y  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 6, 2006, 01:28 PM

Yes, I have. But isn't that only for TECHNICAL support?

I've looked and looked on the website, and I can't find any email addresses for general enquiries or things like that.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Oct 6, 2006, 01:30 PM

But isn't that only for TECHNICAL support?
Technical support is usually where people call to complain. I'm assuming something is broken or not working right.
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

turtle777
Clinically Insane

I can't find any e-mail addresses at all on the Apple (UK) site. Anyone know?
The correct address is

[email protected]

-t

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN

Inquiry or complaint?

Anyway, do you actually thing anyone will pay attention to an email?
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."

Flawl3ssCowb0y  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 6, 2006, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by RAILhead
Inquiry or complaint?

Anyway, do you actually thing anyone will pay attention to an email?
A complaint about their delivery service. And no, not really. I don't expect them to pay any attention. But it'll make me feel a hell of alot better.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Oct 6, 2006, 01:34 PM

A complaint about their delivery service. And no, not really. I don't expect them to pay any attention. But it'll make me feel a hell of alot better.
...maybe you should complain to the delivery service instead of Apple?

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Oct 6, 2006, 01:35 PM

Shouldn't you complain to their delivery service, then? I don't believe Apple has a fleet of Apple Shipping Trucks.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Flawl3ssCowb0y  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 6, 2006, 01:37 PM

Well twice now I've ordered from Apple, and twice it has take 4 - 6 days to deliver my product via UPS, which in my experience normally takes 1 day, 2 at most.

So I'm guessing Apple are using some sort of cheaper Express delivery with UPS, where the product has a lesser priority (kind've like 2nd class mail in the UK. Cheaper but takes longer to arrive).

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 6, 2006, 01:44 PM

OE NOESZZZ!!11! You had to wiat 3 extra days?!?! APPLE TEH SUCKZ.

Fire-up UPS's site and look at their delivery map. Of course, you must know the city of origin, which varies depending upon what you ordered. Then you can see how long UPS says it should take once the package is in their system.

Sherman Homan
Mac Elite
Oct 6, 2006, 01:46 PM

So, call UPS and complain. If they are innocent of evil and Apple is at fault they will tell you.

Flawl3ssCowb0y  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 6, 2006, 01:47 PM

3 extra days is alot of time after I've spent £1,500 on a laptop.

Anyway, thanks alot for your help comments guys.

/sarcasm

Oversoul
Senior User
Oct 6, 2006, 01:50 PM

After you spent £1,500 on a laptop, why couldn't you dish out a few extra quid for faster delivery? Next day even.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 6, 2006, 01:51 PM

No, we just don't like first post whiners.

Dakar
Professional Poster
Oct 6, 2006, 01:52 PM

UPS sucks. Get used to it or use another service.

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 6, 2006, 02:26 PM

/sarcasm
dude. just kill yourself now.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Oct 6, 2006, 02:55 PM

Well twice now I've ordered from Apple, and twice it has take 4 - 6 days to deliver my product via UPS, which in my experience normally takes 1 day, 2 at most.

So I'm guessing Apple are using some sort of cheaper Express delivery with UPS, where the product has a lesser priority (kind've like 2nd class mail in the UK. Cheaper but takes longer to arrive).
Gee. If you looked at your order you can see you probably ordered with 4-6 day shipping. Upgrade your shipping. Apple does priority and overnight also.

rickey939
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 6, 2006, 03:58 PM

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Oct 6, 2006, 04:21 PM

You'll want to call Apple's AppleCare number. If anything they can transfer you to the right person to talk to.

Incidently: Apple - How to Contact Us
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

Frugle
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 6, 2006, 04:33 PM

this is a funny thread...
15" MacBook Pro | 2.16GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 100GB 5400 rpm | 256MB X1600

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 6, 2006, 05:15 PM

DeathToWindows
Professional Poster
Oct 6, 2006, 07:26 PM

first post whiners + l33t username = derisive comments from MacNN

Don't try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

KeriVit
Professional Poster
Oct 6, 2006, 08:41 PM

UPS from China takes longer

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Oct 6, 2006, 10:14 PM

This thread will become a classic.

-t

stuppy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 6, 2006, 10:20 PM

er?

Give the guy a break.

FYI , in the UK we do not get different shipping methods compared to you yanks. I had to wait 2 weeks for my MBP.
Macbook Pro 2GHz 15" :: 2GB Crucial Memory :: 100GB HDD :: ATi Radeon X1600 256 :: Superdrive :: Airport Wireless

Railroader
Banned
Oct 6, 2006, 10:40 PM

uh....

+1

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Oct 7, 2006, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by stuppy
FYI , in the UK we do not get different shipping methods compared to you yanks. I had to wait 2 weeks for my MBP.
I could care less.

-t

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 7, 2006, 01:09 AM

i smell a sticky thread a baken

Flawl3ssCowb0y  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 7, 2006, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by stuppy
er?

Give the guy a break.

Thanks mate. We only get one choice of shipping which is free. I'd be very happy to pay an extra £10 - £20 to get the laptop next day, especially in this case, but we don't get that choice.

It was meant to be a present for my girlfriend (we're paying half each), but her birthday has now passed. I was expecting to have received it before her birthday, thats all.

I hope mine doesn't take 2 weeks. Seriously though, what do UPS do with it for it to take two weeks? Just leave it laying around in their warehouse??

WayzataXC05
Oct 7, 2006, 08:54 AM

It took 3 weeks for FedEx to deliever my ipod case, don't think you should be complaining after 4 days. But if still feel the urge to complain go to customer service on the apple website and then go to shipping...
Powerbook G4 1.5 ghz, 1gb ram, 64 VRAM----5G Ipod and a Shuffle

amsalpemkcus
Mac Elite
Oct 7, 2006, 09:32 AM

ask not what.. err nevermind.

hayesk
Oct 7, 2006, 11:10 AM

/sarcasm
Honestly, what did you expect? Do you think Apple is going put pressure on UPS because one kid called them up and complained he wanted his delivery sooner. You got your answer - complain to UPS if they didn't live up to their service guarantee. All you need to do is:
1. Look at the date UPS picked up the laptop from Apple, and the service level of the delivery.
2. Compare with the date UPS delivers your laptop.
3. If it's longer than the level of service, then complain to UPS.

The only thing you can do with Apple is request they offer a higher level of UPS service, but keep in mind it will cost you extra money.

But really, three extra days? Who cares? If it was that important, you should have ordered sooner. Three days is not a long time. I don't see how the price of the good has anything to do with that.

Ganesha
Senior User
Oct 7, 2006, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by KeriVit
UPS from China takes longer

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 7, 2006, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by what_the_heck
I could care less.

-t
You mean couldn't care less, don't you?

jebjeb
Senior User
Oct 7, 2006, 07:34 PM

What the hell is going on here? Sure, the OP could have been a little more forth coming with his enquiry but why have many of the posters in this thread jumped down his throat? I particularly love all of the posters who just assume that the UK has the same delivery options as North America, because a little research (or just posing the question on what delivery options are available) would have cleared that up smartly.

Having bought pretty much all of my Apple gear through local resellers, I bought a Mac Mini through the online Apple store a few weeks ago (wanted a gig of RAM and resellers could only get a standard 512 MB machine so it would cost more to upgrade after-market than with Apple). I was surprised to see I had no option to upgrade the delivery. Three days to build (which is fine) and a further four days to deliver, which was still alright as that was three days sooner than the estimated delivery date. However, if they made the option to upgrade the delivery, I would have paid for it.

Hayesk, you seem like a pretty intelligent bloke from all posts I have read of yours but don't you think making a statement like;
Originally Posted by hayesk
But really, three extra days? Who cares? If it was that important, you should have ordered sooner.
is a bit short-sighted? Does this mean that all delivery companies should abolish their fast services and just have one standard delivery time because the consumer should have just ordered the product sooner? No.
The OP may have needed this tool (his laptop) ASAP and it certainly sounds as though he was prepared to pay for the privilege. Or, he may have been like me and been an impatient bugger who just wanted his new toy (I know this is not the case for him as he wanted it for a birthday present) and was still prepared to pay for it.

I would happily join his... crusade to bring Apple UK to offer more delivery options.

EDIT: I do apologise, hayesk, I just reread you post and noticed:
Originally Posted by hayesk
The only thing you can do with Apple is request they offer a higher level of UPS service, but keep in mind it will cost you extra money.
Good to see that you acknowledged that Apple needs to offer other options but also, the OP did already state that he was prepared to pay more for faster delivery.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Oct 7, 2006, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by jebjeb
What the hell is going on here? Sure, the OP could have been a little more forth coming with his enquiry but why have many of the posters in this thread jumped down his throat? I particularly love all of the posters who just assume that the UK has the same delivery options as North America, because a little research (or just posing the question on what delivery options are available) would have cleared that up smartly.
Because

a) He never stated what he wanted to complain about. A complaint number generally depends on what you want to complain about. Did your computer catch fire? Call AppleCare. Are you unhappy about Apple's software policy? Email Steve Jobs. Unhappy with your shipped? Call the shipping company. Mac users are usually pretty sympathetic if you explain what problems you've had. Coming in and on your first post simply asking how you can complain to Apple isn't such a hot idea. He could have even talked about his issues with shipping and then asked who he could talk to at Apple.
b) It's not like Apple has a warehouse in Britain they just ship computers out of. The computers are shipped from the factory in Taiwan. 6 days isn't bad for a computer to come from Taiwan.
c) If you need it soon, always buy retail.

Gankdawg
Professional Poster
Oct 7, 2006, 11:27 PM

It was meant to be a present for my girlfriend
Did you not know the date of her birth in advance? I mean, if you order something online, surely you would order it 1-2 weeks in advance?

jebjeb
Senior User
Oct 8, 2006, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by goMac
a) He never stated what he wanted to complain about.
I agree and I did say that the OP could have been more forth coming with his enquiry. However, it is not like he came in here saying "Apple sucks and should die a horrible death. Tell you bastards where I can try and crap down their throats?!". Being a new member, it wasn't a good idea to start off like this but we should be a little more lenient as everyone starts somewhere.

b) It's not like Apple has a warehouse in Britain they just ship computers out of. The computers are shipped from the factory in Taiwan. 6 days isn't bad for a computer to come from Taiwan.
Actually, you will find that our gear (at least CTO stuff) is shipped from Ireland which is not very far away at all. Actually, this is a bit of an assumption on my behalf as it is only based on my experience and that of about five other people I know who have bought something off the online store. Could anyone who has ordered a machine off the UK Online Apple Store confirm this either way please?
The last time I ordered an iPhoto Book, it was shipped from the Netherlands, again with no extra delivery options.

c) If you need it soon, always buy retail.
To a degree, I agree (hehe , that rhymes). However, sometimes it is cheaper to buy online. But this is all inconsequential. Why can Apple not offer different delivery options to UK online customers? They can do it in North America and, I assume, other places so why not here? Every other company I can remember buying online from offers a variety of delivery options. Why not a great company like Apple?

Flawl3ssCowb0y  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 8, 2006, 06:13 AM

jebjeb summed it up nicely for me. I realise that Apple won't really do much if I complain, as I am only one customer. But -

A) It'd make me feel a bit less annoyed
and B) I would like more delivery options in an ideal world. I honestly don't know why Apple don't offer more. But I would like to point out that on the Apple website it says, and I quote 'Apple uses the best carriers in the business to make sure your order arrives on your doorstep as soon as possible.' Maybe I've been unlucky, but twice now this case is simply just not true.

Oh and to confirm, the Apple warehouse is in Ireland. And it says my order has been shipped by UPS UK, so I'm assuming its definitely not coming from abroad.

Angus_D
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 8, 2006, 02:10 PM

By the way, there's no point calling AppleCare. Call the Apple Store. AppleCare has nothing to do with the store's shipping.

Flawl3ssCowb0y  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 9, 2006, 07:12 AM

I e-mailed UPS to see what they had to say and this is their response:

Hi,
Thank you for your email.
The tracking number provided isn't showing as being activated yet by
Apple, please contact Apple to check the tracking number.

Kind Regards
Dan Hall
UPS Customer Services

I'm now wondering if Apple have actually despatched my order at all?

Angus_D
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 9, 2006, 05:13 PM

Try calling them?

thehairofelguapo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 18, 2006, 12:42 PM

Does anyone know the location of Apple's warehouses in the US? Is the only one in Europe the Cork factory / warehouse? I've heard that in the US some distribution / warehouseing is outsourced, but I don't know to whom... is it outsourced in Europe too & if so, who? I think taht Kehuene & Nagel does the shipping from Shanghai for iPods, but I'm not sure if they do anything for Apple other than that! I'm trying to learn about how the whole iPod supply chain works and all the changes that they've had to make, so any insights would be AWESOME! Thanks, y'all! (clearly I'm in the U.S.!)

goMac
Posting Junkie
Oct 18, 2006, 12:48 PM

Call Apple sales if you order hasn't shipped yet.

Although I've had UPS not add the tracking number till it gets to my door.

Forum Links
Forum Rules