Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > Refurbished Retina MacBook Pros drop below $1,000 mark

Refurbished Retina MacBook Pros drop below $1,000 mark
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Jul 29, 2014, 10:27 AM

In addition to launching new MacBook Pros, Apple has also updated prices for refurbished models. The cheapest Retina option is now a $999 October 2012 system, with a 13.3-inch screen and a 2.5GHz dual-core Core i5 processor. That signals the first time a refurbished Retina machine has been below $1,000.

2013 Retina Pros have been lowered to as little as $1,019. That price gets a 13.3-inch model with a 2.4GHz dual-core Core i5, but that processor is based on Intel's more power-efficient Haswell platform.

Apple may be poised to bring Retina technology to more affordable new Macs this fall. The company is rumored to be working on a 12-inch Retina MacBook, possibly a variant of the Air. Despite Retina Pros being a few years old, resolutions on the Air line have stayed no higher than 1440x900.

tomas316
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 29, 2014, 11:44 AM

The under 1k$ macbook on the refurb site is not a Retina model.

Ham Sandwich
Jul 29, 2014, 01:49 PM

I wish the low-end 13" retina Pro Macbook had a configure-to-spec hard drive option like the high-end 13" model.

Grendelmon
Senior User
Jul 29, 2014, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by tomas316 View Post
The under 1k$ macbook on the refurb site is not a Retina model.
Either it's an error by the author or that sub-$1K Retina is no longer available. Right now I see a 13" non-retina for $929, and a 13" retina for $1,019. Who knows. These things come and go pretty quick on the refurb section. Lots of bargain shoppers out there (including myself).
( Last edited by Grendelmon; Jul 29, 2014 at 03:20 PM. )

Mike Wuerthele
Managing Editor
Jul 29, 2014, 03:16 PM

It's gone - it was there when the article was posted.

Forum Links
Forum Rules