Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > PowerLogix BlueChip G4???

PowerLogix BlueChip G4???
lucx
Mar 15, 2002, 12:59 PM

Has anyone done this upgrade?? Seems it's only for Wallstreets and Lombards. Why not Pismo? Has anyone tried?

$549 doesn't seem *that bad*... does it??

I'm just curious... i'm not ready for this yet (don't have $550 just lying around).... but could be well worthwhile in a few months, to extend the already long life of my Pismo.

Anybody with a Lombard have this BlueChip G4 upgrade? If so, how is the performance increase??

Thanks!!
Luc
Pismo 400MHz/512MB ram/10GB HD/10GB VST Expansion Bay Drive/DVD/Airport/OS X 10.1.5

chingwei
Mar 15, 2002, 01:22 PM

Hi Lucx,

I'm pretty sure that the BlueChip G4 is currently only for Lombard (and below). I figure the bus speed is the main difference, and I doubt you could just plug in a card made for the Lombard into your Pismo.

Not that I don't wish you could, I want a G4 in my Pismo SO BAD! (I have the same PB as you!) A couple of months ago there was a big rumour about Powerlogix coming up with a Pismo G4 upgrade...someone met some Powerlogix rep (or was it OWC?) at Macworld SF or something that implied that we would be seeing such an upgrade...but as it turns out, it was just a rumour, it could have been an ignorant reference to the BlueChip G4 we now see just for the Lombard...?

Anyway...my thought is, it will just be a matter of time before they release a BlueChip G4 for the Pismo...If the Pismo is 1 year newer than the Lombard, then we might just have to wait one more year from now...? Eventually all computers get upgrades, don't they?

Here's hoping I'm right!
-Ching_Wei

Forum Links
Forum Rules