Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Is there really a new Ti PB? Could it be at the Apple store?

Is there really a new Ti PB? Could it be at the Apple store?
DNA man
Senior User
Oct 11, 2001, 12:48 PM

With the latest rumours circulating I was wondering how Apple would announce the new iBooks and TiPBs. Just a web announcement? Are there any meetings soon? Or will Apple use their new stores? "Party time at the Apple Store come celebrate the new Ti PB" etc. Apple's retail stores are now a good vehicle for this kind of thing don�t you think? May be.

On a more cautious note. I'd love to see the new iBook and Ti Book but can we really be sure that there are new Pbs coming? The specs of the new PB seem a little below par compared to the Wintel laptops.

Anyways, I look forward to any revision but I think at the top of the list MUST be a better video card. There is no reason why not to have a video chip up grade.

Look forward to the next couple of weeks!
DNA man

DNA man  (op)
Senior User
Oct 15, 2001, 02:10 PM

Originally posted by DNA man:
<STRONG>With the latest rumours circulating I was wondering how Apple would announce the new iBooks and TiPBs. Just a web announcement? Are there any meetings soon? Or will Apple use their new stores? "Party time at the Apple Store come celebrate the new Ti PB" etc. Apple's retail stores are now a good vehicle for this kind of thing don�t you think? May be.

On a more cautious note. I'd love to see the new iBook and Ti Book but can we really be sure that there are new Pbs coming? The specs of the new PB seem a little below par compared to the Wintel laptops.

Anyways, I look forward to any revision but I think at the top of the list MUST be a better video card. There is no reason why not to have a video chip up grade.

Look forward to the next couple of weeks!
DNA man</STRONG>
OK, this is a bit weird replying to one's self. But to ask again, where will the next rev of the Ti and iBook be announced? Merely, an update on the Apple Website? Surely not?

gumby5647
Professional Poster
Oct 15, 2001, 02:25 PM

they may do something as simple as a press confrence like they did with the iBooks.

Or just issue a press release, and update the Apple store page.

or they could have and "apple store event" like you suggested.

its hard to tell
AIM: bmichel5581
MacBook 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB RAM
160GB

<Generic Central Commander>
Oct 15, 2001, 03:08 PM

If it were an Apple Store event, it would have leaked. Too many employees, too far away from Cupertino to control.

If it were a Press Event in Cupertino, it would have been announced already (the Event).

What's left is a press release and a splash screen on the website. Followed by a fire sale on inventory (sub $1000 iBooks, anyone? )

GCC

Paul Huang
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 15, 2001, 07:17 PM

Apple will announce its quarterly result on 10/17/01 after the market closes. Apple has never (as long as I remember) announced a new product during the conference call.

chingwei
Oct 15, 2001, 08:57 PM

Has anyone thought of the possibility that there will not be any BIG event or announcement about these new Pbooks? I mean, it's not really that big a deal, just some speed bumps and config changes...(I don't consider HD and RAM increases "real" improvements...those are just upgrades)(Video card, however might be something...but I haven't heard the specifics on the new video card (if any))

My bet is on a quick press release (as someone in this thread suggested), and updated web page. I mean, this isn't even quite up there with the Quicksilver release, at least that had minor cosmetic changes...

Am I right?

-Ching-Wei

fisherKing
Professional Poster
Oct 15, 2001, 09:01 PM

other post!

& see the macmall catalog cover, in all it's glory!
"At first, there was Nothing. Then Nothing inverted itself and became Something.
And that is what you all are: inverted Nothings...with potential" (Sun Ra)

Forum Links
Forum Rules