Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > I Miss JBindery...

I Miss JBindery...
Indy
Sep 26, 2000, 02:53 PM

I have an application that was given to me in a setup.clas format. I used to be able to drop it on JBindery and it would run the instaler after which I could create an application by using the .jar files expanded from the setup.class in JBindery again.

I know I can run what I have been running in Classic, but some of my computers are using dialup nad can't run this app from Classic.

I have checked the documentation for installing under other UN*X OS's, but the directions that they give won't work with OSX PB. They suggest:

/usr/bin/java setup

but that won't work here.

Can anyone give me a quick pointer as to where I can find out more quickly? One of the reasons we chose this app was because of it's java distribution, and I need to prove that we can stay with our Macs here even beyond OSX.

Thanks in advance!

Michael

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Sep 26, 2000, 04:37 PM

Unfortunately, I'm not a Java developer, so I can't give you an exact answer. However, there's an app called MRJAppBuilder.app in the developer tools that looks like it may be able to do what you want. I'd look it over and see.
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

patrickgibson
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 26, 2000, 09:58 PM

Originally posted by Indy:
They suggest:

/usr/bin/java setup

but that won't work here.
The problem most likely is that setup.class is not in your class path. If setup.class is in your current directory, type: 'java -cp . setup'.

------------------
---
patrick gibson
http://patrickg.com/
patrick gibson
http://patrickg.com/

Indy
Sep 28, 2000, 06:48 PM

Success, sort off...

Well, I still don't know how to extract the setup.call on Mac OS X, so I used a Windows machine and used:

CWindows\jview.exe setup

Once I have the .jar file, I could build it into an application (com.citrix.pn) using MRJAppBuilder.app, and I created the application!

However, it stalled at the splash screen.

So I built onother option of the .jar file com.citrix.JICA (which uses a CLI instead of a GUI)

And that worked with a weird security message -- anyway, I'll keep poking around at this and see what happens...

Thanks for your help.

btw if anyone wants to give it a try, you can grab the app at
http://download.citrix.com/cgi-bin/l...client=java_11

Thanks again!

Michael

Forum Links
Forum Rules