Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > OS X (10.1.5) Quirks...

OS X (10.1.5) Quirks...
anarkisst
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 9, 2002, 12:44 PM

1. Everytime I open the HD the window is scrolled down. All the folders are there but I always have to use the shift key to scroll back up to see them...how do I resolve that?

2. Icons. Most icons can be copied and pasted with a new one in their Show Info window I know, but I can't seem to select any of them to do this in OS X (10.1.5). Why's that?

I noticed in another thread that there is a tool to change the toolbar icons and I'll try that for them. But for the others...why can't I select any of them?

All in all, OS X is running great and I have no real issues yet (knock wood).

anarkisst  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 9, 2002, 02:23 PM

ANYONE? Thanks...

anarkisst  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 10, 2002, 12:43 PM

WTF? All you "bright" OS X users and no answers? Whatever...

yield2apple
Forum Regular
Aug 10, 2002, 01:30 PM

It's strange that you cannot select icons to copy and past in another icon.. Are you opening the info, and selecting it there? I had some trouble with a few icons in OS X.1.5, such as Mail and System Preferences, but other than that, I had no trouble customizing the icons.. Best of luck

anarkisst  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 10, 2002, 01:38 PM

Thanks for replying yield2apple. Yep, any folder. Nothing. It has the light blue halo around them but when I click on them nothing happens. Frustrating as hell. Does this have to do with my permissions/privileges? Anything I need to change or unlock? None are locked....

And that window thang too...there are some minor things I HATE about OS X....

Forum Links
Forum Rules