Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: Sealed iPod Shuffles (Orange and Blue)

FS: Sealed iPod Shuffles (Orange and Blue)
mBurns
Forum Regular
Sep 15, 2007, 12:22 AM

Hi. I have two sealed new-in-box iPod Shuffles with receipts. I have one orange iPod Shuffle and one blue iPod Shuffle. The blue iPod Shuffle is the older, more vibrant (and in my view, better looking) blue. In case you don't know, there is absolutely no difference between the older and newer iPod Shuffle.. other than case colors. According to the calls I've made to stores, they have none of the old iPod Shuffles in stock. Many people prefer the older colors. For this reason, I'm offering each one for $100 + shipping.

I'll post pictures by request. Thanks, mBurns.
MacBook Pro | 2.16 Ghz CD | 100 Gb HD | 2 Gb RAM | 10.4
iBook Clamshell | 466 Mhz | 60 Gb HD | 576 Mb RAM | 10.4

JJF182
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 15, 2007, 12:56 AM

My local Target still has several of the previous blue and orange iPod Shuffles for $79...

Professional Poster
Sep 15, 2007, 08:31 AM

and that is their new price, too...

sledsbehave
Senior User
Sep 15, 2007, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by mBurns View Post
Hi. I have two sealed new-in-box iPod Shuffles with receipts. I have one orange iPod Shuffle and one blue iPod Shuffle. The blue iPod Shuffle is the older, more vibrant (and in my view, better looking) blue. In case you don't know, there is absolutely no difference between the older and newer iPod Shuffle.. other than case colors. According to the calls I've made to stores, they have none of the old iPod Shuffles in stock. Many people prefer the older colors. For this reason, I'm offering each one for $100 + shipping.

I'll post pictures by request. Thanks, mBurns.
i love offers like this...
as ever,
sonny

MovieCutter
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 15, 2007, 04:33 PM

I'll pick one up at my local Apple Store, refurb, or eBay for about half that...thanks through.

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 15, 2007, 10:02 PM

I'll give you $30 for the blue one.
Sell or send me your vintage Mac things if you don't want them.

MovieCutter
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 15, 2007, 10:40 PM

and I'll give you $45 for the orange one...sounds like a deal to me.

mBurns  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 16, 2007, 12:05 PM

I'm not looking to go lower than $100 shipped for each. They're NIB and, since being discontinued, their availibility is dwindiling. I'm not looking to make much money once I equate in $79.99 + tax, shipping, and my Paypal fees. If anyone is interested, feel free to post here or PM me.
( Last edited by mBurns; Sep 16, 2007 at 12:15 PM. )

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 16, 2007, 12:19 PM

Did you buy these just to make a profit? If you have a PayPal personal account, you'll pay no fees to get the money. If you have a PayPal premium account, you'll only pay 3% to PayPal. It will cost you maybe $2 to ship this via USPS and around $5 to ship via FedEx, DHL, or UPS. You're looking at maybe $85 for PayPal and shipping. I don't know what sales tax is in your area...

But seriously. Genuine Apple shuffles are going for around $60 shipped on eBay right now. If you want to gouge your prices, go to eBay. Demand has nothing to do with it - you know as well as any of us that these are still available at or under retail. If you want to try and weasel extra cash out of these, at least wait until they're out of stock everywhere (including eBay). MacNN's Marketplace has never been the place to try and get top dollar for your stuff. Sorry.
Sell or send me your vintage Mac things if you don't want them.

mBurns  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 16, 2007, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by shifuimam View Post
Did you buy these just to make a profit? If you have a PayPal personal account, you'll pay no fees to get the money. If you have a PayPal premium account, you'll only pay 3% to PayPal. It will cost you maybe $2 to ship this via USPS and around $5 to ship via FedEx, DHL, or UPS. You're looking at maybe $85 for PayPal and shipping. I don't know what sales tax is in your area...

But seriously. Genuine Apple shuffles are going for around $60 shipped on eBay right now. If you want to gouge your prices, go to eBay. Demand has nothing to do with it - you know as well as any of us that these are still available at or under retail. If you want to try and weasel extra cash out of these, at least wait until they're out of stock everywhere (including eBay). MacNN's Marketplace has never been the place to try and get top dollar for your stuff. Sorry.
Tax is ~8% in Washington State. Just to give you an idea.. Also, I'm in no rush to sell.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Sep 16, 2007, 01:03 PM

I'm not looking to go lower than $100 shipped for each. They're NIB and, since being discontinued, their availibility is dwindiling. I'm not looking to make much money once I equate in $79.99 + tax, shipping, and my Paypal fees. If anyone is interested, feel free to post here or PM me.
These are iPod shuffles, not Mercedes 300SLs. They are still available all over the place.

MovieCutter
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 16, 2007, 08:05 PM

Also, I'm in no rush to sell.
Good thing too, because there's no way in hell you'd move these at your ridiculous prices...

Forum Links
Forum Rules